Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Series Rewatch Thread&Discussion
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Series Rewatch Thread&Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Series Rewatch Thread&Discussion Reply with quote

So as some of us discussed this before, this thread is dedicated to rewatching the series.

To avoid confusions let's go with the order of release, instead of trying to figure out timeline order here for now for the episodes.

If you have issues finding the episodes, you can watch or download the episodes from this thread http://www.aladdincentral.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=94209#94209

So now that this is clear, let's start with the very first episode, Air Feathered Friends.

Have fun everyone!

Last edited by zitagirl on Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting us started!

I watched this one last week so going off of memory—I really liked it. All the episodes where Aladdin and Razoul give each other a hard time are entertaining Laughing
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent episode, actually showcasing nicely the friendship of Aladdin and Abu with all their character traits. Especially liked Abu's selfless decision on saving the baby bird even if it meant he would lose his freedom.

Also bit of a fun episode with some nice jokes and gags. Worth a watch, though wouldn't call it that memorable as other episodes later on.

(Sorry if some of my comments on episode won't be that... lively. I got the bad habit of only using terms such as great, brilliant, horrible, etc if I actually find stuff deserving it and will be a reason while I may call stuff decent or average if I'm just meh on them. Plus admittedly it's harder to talk about average stuff than actual great or horrible ones, because there's not much to grasp on that type of stuff)
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love that blank stare he gets when Iago rants.

Quote of the episode goes to:

Abis Mal: Next time I see that Aladdin, bam! (Genie appears on his shoulder, searching him) I'll hit him with my "turn a man inside out" spell! Which is where... (searches his pockets; Genie hands him the scroll) ahhh, thank you! (Reads)
Haroud: Just remember to look away this time.
Abis Mal: (Shudders) Yes... the nightmares.

Laughing

Also "sand gnat" ... cuttin it pretty close with those slurs there Disney Wink

I'd like to take this re-watching as an opportunity to make my own chronology. These are the notes I took:

Likely isn't one of the first few episodes because…

-Aladdin recognizes Abis Mal’s goons. He's met Abis Mal in RoJ, but I don't remember him ever associating him with his goons? Maybe we should have watched RoJ as the pilot!! Very Happy

-Abis Mal expresses annoyance at Aladdin for continually thwarting his plans.

-Iago gets emotional when Abu comes back

-Signs of emotional maturity in Abu

-Razoul is still clashing with Aladdin, but it's not as vitriolic as it is in other episodes

-Aladdin seems to already have somewhat of a reputation and complex as a hero

Is likely (at least somewhat) early because…

-Aladdin’s pride letting him bet Abu is too immature for later Aladdin IMO

-Abu's kleptomania is still going on
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the frequency gonna be here? One episode a day? One a week? Every other day?
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, it kind of bummed me out. I was expecting to see more romance between Aladdin and Jasmine. Then again, just finished Return of Jafar for the first time and this pilot takes place after the sequel. I didn't think the love story in ROJ was anything even comparable to the love story of the first Aladdin. In fact... Aladdin and Jasmine barely got any screen time. I'm pretty annoyed they didn't have a great duet since they have such a musical connection. I looked into the series a bit and see there is no singing either. I'll give it more of a chance. This is just my first impression and initial disappointment.
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
What's the frequency gonna be here? One episode a day? One a week? Every other day?

Per day probably. I was just busy yesterday due to exam and fell asleep early.

Bad Mood Rising next!
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinJasmine4ever wrote:
I looked into the series a bit and see there is no singing either. I'll give it more of a chance. This is just my first impression and initial disappointment.

You know, it is a little odd there's no other songs in the series when there are definitely some in the Little Mermaid series. Then again, singing is Ariel's thing and it probably would have cost Disney extra money to get Brad and Liz again. This is the only "extra" song I know about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHxiAPUY77I
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I looked into the series a bit and see there is no singing either. I'll give it more of a chance. This is just my first impression and initial disappointment.

You know, it is a little odd there's no other songs in the series when there are definitely some in the Little Mermaid series. Then again, singing is Ariel's thing and it probably would have cost Disney extra money to get Brad and Liz again. This is the only "extra" song I know about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHxiAPUY77I

How can you forget Iago's singing in Sneeze The Day? Laughing
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:

Omg I have never seen this before Laughing

TLM show had some good songs. To this day I still remember some of them.
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zitagirl wrote:
Meesh wrote:

Per day probably. I was just busy yesterday due to exam and fell asleep early.

Bad Mood Rising next!

Don't stress it. I would actually vote every 2-3 days anyway.

I didn't think the love story in ROJ was anything even comparable to the love story of the first Aladdin. In fact... Aladdin and Jasmine barely got any screen time. I'm pretty annoyed they didn't have a great duet since they have such a musical connection..

The love story in RoJ was more of a plot device to get Iago to do something nice for them. They did have a bit of a duet in "Forget About Love," which I adore!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMrbT4Ycv1A&t=2m19s

AladdinsGenie wrote:
You know, it is a little odd there's no other songs in the series when there are definitely some in the Little Mermaid series. Then again, singing is Ariel's thing and it probably would have cost Disney extra money to get Brad and Liz again.

And didn't Hercules the Animated Series have a song in every single episode?

AladdinsGenie wrote:
This is the only "extra" song I know about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHxiAPUY77I

WHAT. IS. THIS. OMG.

zitagirl wrote:
How can you forget Iago's singing in Sneeze The Day? Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-yrLPDv3Ds&t=6m40s

Your obscure series reference streak continues... Very Happy
Elemental

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Every 3rd day then, so everyone will have time to watch it and talk about it.

That song is so 90s XD. Would open my window now for some fresh air, but outside it's like being in the Saharah (and it's only 8 am here xd)
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
And didn't Hercules the Animated Series have a song in every single episode?

It was well over two dozen times or roughly a third of the series. Now I feel cheated, I never realized we were the odd ones out Mad But luckily Iago is there holding us down Laughing

Quote:
WHAT. IS. THIS. OMG.

~WHEN ALADDIN IS YOUR GUIDE THEN EXCITEMENT IS AT HAND~ The 90s were so cheesy, I miss it Laughing

I should join you guys in your series watch....
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do iiiiiit Very Happy
Elemental

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum