Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Series Rewatch Thread&Discussion
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Series Rewatch Thread&Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH I completely forgot about the rewatch because I'm a piano teacher and all my energy has been going into revamping my whole teaching strategy for online lessons.

You could always do a write-up whenever I make it to the end Laughing
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered this thread. I've been working a lot lately!

Re: A Sultan Worth His Salt

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Aladdin could have got out of those chains at any time. I'm telling myself he did that so they could take him to Jasmine (her outfit is lowkey kinda cute though)

Do you think this is the first time Aladdin has seen her thighs? Laughing

Also, either the galifems manhandled Jasmine into this outfit, or they told her to wear it and she was like, "You know what f*** it looks breathable and I'm gonna rock it."

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I like the message of not underestimating sultan but then he proceeds to not be useful for the rest of the series save for Armored and Dangerous. It's kind of a waste.

I like how cool he is in "Garden of Evil." Like he's there to show the way and lend some sensitivity to the situation, and he understands that he should probably not just run in like a hothead like SOMEONE ELSE in that episode.

---------------

Chronology... Okay my first thought was, "Oh Aladdin isn't getting all butthurt and emasculated by letting the Sultan lose. This must be later in the series." Also Jasmine is a skilled enough adventurer that the Themyscirans Galifems want her. But then again they're still babying the sultan, and Rajah is scared of Jasmine going on a Carpet date. Maybe it's hot off the heels of a long vacation, and he missed her and doesn't want her to leave so soon? I'm 100% overthinking this.

I wish Rajah got more love in the series. Also, is this still Frank Welker? It doesn't sound as good in this episode.

Galafem queen: You are in very select company, Princess. My warriors are chosen by the path of the golden arrow. Only the worthy are spared.
Jasmine: And what if I had been unworthy?
(implied death)
Me: I don't understand how this works. Does the golden arrow just fly around willy-nilly killing people until it finds someone worthy? Or do they pick of people they've heard of and shoot the arrow at them and cross their fingers? ?? ??

Jasmine is using these bars as an anchor, presumably the same bars that Aladdin basically pushed out of the way in FHWL Laughing

I swear she makes this face in Garden of Evil too. It must be her escaping-from-kidnap face.

Carpet's rip is like the "sexy arm wound" that heroes always get to infer danger without actually getting mortally wounded Laughing Like he's still rides a MF'ING PEGASUS FIVE MINUTES LATER LIKE THE LEGEND THAT HE IS

Okay so now we're straight up killing someone for walking through your property? That's some hardcore NIMBY

Jasmine: Father!
Aladdin: Sultan?!
Abu: (chirps)
Me: LOOK AT ALL THESE PRESENTS

Genie calling Al out for not taking the sultan seriously like he wasn't just doing the SAME THING five minutes ago

STAND ASIDE LIAM NEESON SULTAN IS HERE TO SAVE HIS DAUGHTER

Sultan: Splendid to hear you say so, my boy. 'Cause I heard about about a sunken treasure. It's guarded by sea serpents.
Me: No it's eels, and I've seen that episode. You don't want to touch that one.
Abis Mal: No it's the sunken treasure ship of Coeur du Mer, and it's MINE
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Genie Hunt

AladdinsGenie wrote:
This must be an early episode if Iago and Abu still fooling around at the Thieves' Den

Is there an ep where it's clear that it's their first time there? I forget.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I forgot about this character entirely

I'm usually with you when you say this, but I actually find this character memorable, but only because of the second ep he is in.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I don't understand what the Muktaars' goal of exterminate all genies was going to achieve. It obviously didn't help them given they're all extinct themselves.

I feel like it was an evil-ish moral crusade to prevent Jafars. But now there's just one left, and he's gotta make a buck.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Jasmine is so shady having Aladdin bathe Rajah knowing he's going to make it hard

I make my fiance bathe the cat too. Albeit our current foster is slightly less ferocious than Rajah Smile <3

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I always remembered as a kid how poignant this moment was cause it's always in the back of your mind, but it was never voiced until this moment that Genie is going to outlive them all.

same

-----------------------

oOoOo Genie Hunt - this is a serious boi

Me: *hears a voice that sounds like Amin Damoola* Oh God please no.

This Genie insecurity thing seems early Genie. (/not Genie at all, but whatever it's here GET USED TO IT). Hasn't Genie shown very shameless trepidation before? Yeah like with the Thirdac. What else?

I kinda feel like this is after Night of the Living Mud because Aladdin can sense that Genie is being weird because of danger.

I like how calmly Aladdin is speaking with Genie after the Muktar confrontation. This whole episode feels like late Aladdin.

I have this theory where the sorcerer Al Gebraic sold Genie to was the one who locked him up in the cave.

Instrument collection:

Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:

Do you think this is the first time Aladdin has seen her thighs? Laughing

Absolutely not. Don't you remember they were left alone in a room and then re-emerged in completely different clothing in Night Of The Living Mud? Laughing I guarantee Genie's put them in anachronistic beach clothing at some point, too.

Quote:
Also, either the galifems manhandled Jasmine into this outfit, or they told her to wear it and she was like, "You know what f*** it looks breathable and I'm gonna rock it."

The Galifems: You might want to put this on. It's more suitable for your new home.
Jasmine: Never!
*runs outside and feels the humidity*
Jasmine: ....>_> *goes back in and changes*

Quote:
Or do they pick of people they've heard of and shoot the arrow at them and cross their fingers? ?? ??

That's always been my understanding of it. It makes about as much sense as the water test for the salem witch trials Laughing

Quote:
Is there an ep where it's clear that it's their first time there? I forget.

It feels like To Cure A Thief is their first time in there cause Iago says "That's the Skull and Dagger, headquarters of the Thieves Guild!" like its our first time at home seeing this place (that obviously becomes reoccuring) and Amin whips out his membership card after he says they can't go in. But after this he and Abu are in there all the time for one reason or another.

Quote:
I'm usually with you when you say this, but I actually find this character memorable, but only because of the second ep he is in.

He's memorable when I remember him Laughing But so many people and magical entities was after Genie in this second half of the series that he gets lost in the mix.

Quote:
Hasn't Genie shown very shameless trepidation before? Yeah like with the Thirdac. What else?

He wasn't too fond of Mirage when she first showed up but was kissing her on the cheek by the end of the series Laughing. He wasn't a fan of the Cystal of Ix either.

Quote:
I make my fiance bathe the cat too. Albeit our current foster is slightly less ferocious than Rajah <3

What a cutie! Do you have it just during the pandemic?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Agrees and/or laughs at your comments without quoting them one by one*

No, I foster kittens every kitten season. She's my second pandemic foster.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just occurred to me like 3 in the morning that I forgot to include a very important episode on this rewatch as it's the only post-KOT material we have

Hercules and the Arabian Night

Damn, why did it take so long for Jafar to get processed in the underworld if it's been like five years since he died? The line can't be THAT long.

Jafar being "a real complainer" somehow fits Laughing

Jafar in the afterlife is a mood

Jafar: I was even an all-powerful immortal genie!
Hades: Something must have gone way wrong, don't you think pal?
Laughing

I could watch a whole series about villains ranting about their heroes

Literally chillin' like a villain

"What is that, like a bronchial thing?" Laughing Laughing Laughing

I could also watch a show where the villains just drag each other

Where did Jafar get these monsters from? I mean I guess there were variations of them in the Aladdin series, but maybe he learned about them from his travels?

I mean, would a sorcerer even be that big a deal in the Hercules canon when you're dealing with GODS? It's like "yeah magic is cool but my dad's the ruler of all gods in the universe so..."

You know, it literally only just occurred to me that Jafar turns people in to puns the same way Genie does Laughing

...did Hercules just murder Jafar with Phil's house?! Laughing

"This is my home. I'm the one that does the voice raising" Laughing

Iago would be really pissed to know he was called a pet

The difference a couple years of animation makes, wow

"He wears a vest - no shirt - and a rakish fez." If he's still in that outfit after all these years....

Okay good Laughing. I love that Aladdin used his little KOT outfit. I wish Jasmine changed her outfit after getting married to signify her growth, too, or whatever.

Look at this precision and teamwork!! Yeah boy!!! They're so intuitive with each other now. They don't even have to say anything other than each other's names.

okay Aladdin with the slightly longer hair looks really good though

They really out here tossing Genie's lamp like it's a football Laughing

I like that they kept the music from the series, too. This is the music that plays during Eden and Genie's date.

Me: Aladdin and Jasmine haven't touched yet?!
Aladdin and Jasmine:

Me: Ah there we go Laughing

Genie is taking some time off I see Laughing

Hades: *tries to defeat Aladdin* *fails* *goes back to what he was doing before cause this isn't his canon* Laughing

"What's with the laughing? What, what is that? Who does that help?" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Abu has learned nothing. Iago really was his other brain cell.

Has it been that long that no one recognizes Jafar? I suppose he could have worn a disguise to lay the banana trail but not wearing one at all is risky.

Jafar: This is Hercules' best friend?
Hades: Hey, at least he doesn't spend his days picking fleas out of his fur.
Icarus: That's true. As far as you know.
Laughing

Oh, I see you've put Abu in chains. I see where this is headed...

I am dying Laughing

Oh, NOW he wants to wear a disguise (and that one on top of it)

"What is this, a budget-cut? Hey, if you need some petty cash, just ask, okay?" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Look at this husband and wife team!! yeah!!! I miss when Disney remembered Jasmine can do more than look pretty

Jasmine has been waiting a very long time to say "I'm married" to dudes who keep trying to pick her up.

"The Alley of a Thousand Sheets" They kept all the dumb names from the series, thanks guys Laughing

Are they the only two heroes that fly? I think so. (I also think it's funny Aladdin isn't phased by Pegasus cause he's already been exposed to flying horses. Pain and Panic were the only thing to throw him off Laughing)

mmmmm slightly distinguished and more confident Aladdin :9

This fight isn't fair because Aladdin has been doing this since he was Hercules' age now. Of course he's going to be better at assessing the situation, finding strengths and weaknesses, coming up with plans on the spot, etc. even if Aladdin is the more 'logical' out of the two of them.

"Jerkules" that's not nice Laughing

"yo it's simple - tell me where Abu is or you're going to die" the gang is cutthroat now. no prisoners.

Hades enjoying the laughing now and joining in Laughing

every opportunity, every time (I also like that the writers watched the Aladdin series and made sure to bring this element over. 'touch obsessively - got it')

they're so annoying I hate them Laughing

"this is my husband's boob cause he is my husband now so I have joint-custody of this boob"

Hercules: They must of thought we'd crush each other.
Aladdin, to himself: No, you would have just crushed yourself but okay

~friendship~

Team Transportation

"Jafar is dead" - oh we can say "dead" now on tv shows instead of "gone"

Phil: Abu is in the underworld
Aladdin and Jasmine, who have fought undead monsters, ghosts, ghouls, and devil incarnates in and out of the afterlife with Jasmine having actually died once: okay, let's go, what's the problem?

"He can be taught!" I see what you did there

finally

Jafar: May I redecorate?
Hades: Yeah, sure, what do I care, throw up some drapes.
Laughing

That is CLEARLY Aladdin and Hercules having switched clothes but okay

Aladdin hasn't shown that much skin since before he was married

He died AGAIN and Aladdin's just like "oh that jafar" Laughing

this is definitely post-KOT if Abu is trying to fight THE LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD when you couldn't even get him to fight a snake before

they're so cute Laughing

Yes, Aladdin supporting the youth is very on brand

You know, it was kinda nice to see how they handle things without Genie around (although why they didn't use Genie is curious. Maybe he was just too much to have in an episode with Jafar AND Hades. That would be a lot of talking and jokes and puns)
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I just did a BINGE, so stay tuned Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suuuuure Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: THE LOST ONES

AladdinsGenie wrote:
The Lost OnesWe're at the final ten episodes, wow. I don't know what I'll do when this is over Sad

Don't worry. I can probably stretch it out another year Laughing

AladdinsGenie wrote:
It has always been SO WEIRD to me that Aladdin called Wahid a street rat, even in a semi-affectionate way.

Same

AladdinsGenie wrote:
The implication that Aladdin has been stealing the exact same outfit for himself but just in different sizes for years is so funny to me

Came here to say this haha. What a dad move.

Quote:
This is a pretty dark episode with all these kids going missing at night...

And spending eternity in a shadowland. And some of them die at the end.

AladdinsGenie wrote:

Me in 2006 listening to Evanescence

Laughing OMG Laughing

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Are the el Katib something Mirage controls or something she started?

Was wondering the same thing. Generally unclear what the point of them is besides kidnapping children and vague servant duties? They aren't even in Morbia. They're in the Shadow Realm.

Also wondering what this implies about the palace's involvement/lackthereof both this time and the last. Did Jafar know about this? Was it Mirage then too? Did Mirage wait until Jafar was gone to start messing with Agrabah again?

Aladdin: Carpet, take Waheed! Go! (Carpet flies away)
Iago: How about me?
^^ Okay somebody needs to seriously start reminding Iago that he can fly.

Aladdin: Waheed’s gone, and it’s all my fault.

Genie: Oh, Al, it’s not.
Aladdin: It is! I let it happen, just like I let it happen to Amal.
Genie: Al, I’m gonna smack you upside the head! Hard! Snap out of it, buddy! You’re not doing yourself any good like this.
^^ I love how consistent Genie's pet peeve of Aladdin melodramatically blaming himself for things is. *nods to The Spice is Right.

There are a lot of times in this episode where Aladdin looks like he is smiling when he is angry, but I was doing the dishes and didn't feel like drying my hands every time to take a screenshot.

Aladdin: Return Waheed to normal. Take me in his place. Even trade. Him for me.
"Even trade." Wow.

Quote:
Mirage:
You’re too pure of heart to ever be El Katib, Aladdin. Ooh, but I’ll relish having you, my greatest enemy, as my personal manservant. Ha ha ha ha ha
Me: minds her own business, doesn't interpret this sexually at all

Ahh yes the old Genie-poses-as-another-character-and-surprises-both-the-villain-and-the-audience trick. *nods again to The Spice is Right.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I love the gang, but Aladdin needs more friends that isn't just them.

Agreed

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Also, it's a tragedy we didn't get a follow up with Amal to see him fully human

I actually like the ambiguity/mystery of this ending. I need to know what happens with Fasir and Mirage though STAT

AladdinsGenie wrote:
(maybe he's at the wedding and we just don't know)

*mind blown*

Chronology: I'm cool with putting this early, for the reasons you mentioned. Aladdin can't be much older than 10 in the flashback too.

Last edited by Meesh on Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm typing up my response to "Eye of the Beholder," and now I'm wondering if it was actually Fasir keeping Mirage away from totally messing with Agrabah, but he's getting old, so he let's Aladdin do most of it and steps in when he can.
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: EYE OF THE BEHOLDER

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I will say it is nice to see Jasmine doesn't have too many insecure moments in the series that are related to her looks. They touched on it in the series, but it wasn't a constant theme we had to watch as little girls watching the series if that makes sense.

Same. I also appreciate that they didn't write her to spend the whole episode being melodramatic. She braves it pretty well, all things considered.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
"Jasmine, you've poisoned Aladdin!" Do you have to say it like that Genie? She's got enough problems right now.

Always bugged me too.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Fasir could have fixed that tree at any time but was hoping this lesson in love would soften Mirage's heart so he can get his girlfriend back at Aladdin and Jasmine's expense is what I'm hearing

Yeah I was getting some Job from the Bible vibes here. Except I guess it strengthened Al x Jas' relationship too. Cut out any insecurities that may have been there.

-------------

My other notes:

Iago: No way! I touch one date and, wham! I'm bloated for a day! Besides I’d much rather much be here with you.
Jasmine: Love you too, Iago.
^^ I love them.

Mirage: It's a fact of life, my dear. The pretty face of youth just doesn't stay with us and then the man we love wants another pretty face.
Iago: She's right. I've seen guys do it. Heck, I’ve done it... several times!
Jasmine: Iago!
Iago: What? I got a problem with commitment. I admit it.
^^ I'm gonna need the TEA on this

Aladdin: Oh, Jasmine. -appears with flower- For you, my darling. I've loved you from the moment I first set eyes on your beautiful face.
Jasmine in any other episode: When you lay it on this thick I know you're up to something.

Genie: You have summoned the almighty genie of the -sees Jasmine- la... Whoa! Never mind
^^Haha Genie for once realizing that a joke is inapropriate.

Iago: Boy, Princess, that was some fancy tail work you used back there on those mugger jerks! Boom! Whack! You sure ya wanna lose that tail? It comes in handy in tense situations.
Jasmine: -grabs Iago by body with her tail- Good point, Iago. It is handy. In fact there's some lotion left. You could have a handy tail, too.
^^ I love their banter in general, but the fact that she is still bantering with him when she woke up half snake that morning is pretty badass.

Iago: Sunlight! Enough of this spelunking! I'm outta here!
This might be my first viewing with me actually knowing what spelunking is.

Genie covering the tunnel of wind hole... Does this mean that dog thing is just gonna spend its life going up and down, constantly getting its heads smacked into metal? Sounds kinda dark. Also what about people in the future who need to get to the tree?

Aladdin realizing that Jasmine needs her space and sending Abu to keep her company is goals. Her time with Abu is pretty sweet too.

Jasmine: I hope you're right. I can live as a snake but I can't live without Aladdin
This episode gives the hopeless romantic in me life.

Why is Aladdin suddenly not poisoned anymore?

Mirage: -watching from Morbia- Not so sure of your love now, are you Aladdin? Not so sure you can love her like this?
(The gang does literally nothing except find the last marker)
Mirage: -watching from Morbia- Blast! You've come further than I’ve thought!

Genie: Lady, I’m taking you out, and I’m not talking dinner and a movie!
This is a series quote I use

Aladdin taking the lotion to become like Jasmine is the most romantic thing to ever happen in fiction. @me

Chronology: It feels kind of early? Jasmine trusting that merchant and not recognizing her voice. Shallow relationship insecurity displayed in the beginning there. Aladdin's unprovoked gushy love for her, and Jasmine's quickness/excitement to tell the merchant that she found an awesome guy - reads like that new-relationship stage to me.

Last edited by Meesh on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: THE HUNTED

I feel like mixing my notes in with yours this time. Chronologically. See how it goes.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I really feel like Iago and Abu's stealing is a way to tell the chronology of the series, but I'm not sure it always agrees with me

Yeah idk if I'm gonna have the energy to try to make it work tbh

AladdinsGenie wrote:
And them playing games seems earlier in the series, too, because they sort of stopped after The Game

Yeah but Genie says in The Game that he has never won, so I was placing this later.

GENIE: So, my good fellow, how does it feel to be the...loser! Loser, loser, loser!
Carpet sticks out a tassel to shake hands.
GENIE: That’s it? Not even a pout? At least act disappointed! You’re ruining my gloat, here! If there’s anything I hate, it’s a smug rug.
Carpet walks over to Genie and pats him on the shoulder
^^ Oh Carpet. A gentleman and a scholar.

Genie: Here's the plan - run!
Iago: Hey that plan is my intellectual property
Tenth Doctor: I'm sorry?

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Wait, I'm sorry, why are we going to the Land of the Black Sand? To tell Mozenrath to stop hunting the Muktaar for its magic sensing abilities?

I was wondering this too, even though I remembered this ep well enough to remember that it was a trap. I feel like the reason Muktaar gave for going there wasn't really clear.

MUKTAAR: I smell something magical... Something powerful...
GENIE: I bet it’s teen potentate with a megalomaniacal disposition!
Laughing

Have you ever seen Disney's Three Musketeers with Tim Rice, Charlie Sheen etc.? The Muktaar's voice reminds me of Rochefort - the guy with the eye patch.

The music cue at 18:55 is kind of an odd choice...

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Jasmine kicking Mozenrath is always so satisfying

I think this move, plus him immediately removing her as a threat, places this after Dagger Rock.

AladdinsGenie wrote:

Again with this reference too

Did you watch The Pagemaster as a kid? Genie kind of reminds me of Fairy Tale here. idk
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: RIDERS REDUX

MY #1 FAV EPISODE WOOO

I'm going back to your notes, then my notes. It was easier for me.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
So here's something I don't understand - if these ambassadors want their money and they're in Agrabah, why not just take a chest with them when they go back home?

I just figured that the marauders would attack them on their way home.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
This antagonism from Rasoul feels early series, along with Aladdin not immediately being suggested or thought of to bring the shipment through cause they were still use to the palace staff handling official duties. I get the feeling that's why we see Aladdin do more trade route scouting and clearing danger spots later in the series.

Agreed.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
"Um, how come we don't fire that guy?" I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS ALL SERIES:lol:

RIGHT

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Aladdin trying to be evil is so funny:lol:

The way he says, "those FOOLS" Laughing

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Aladdin with a cape is a good look

I am 100% on board.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I like how the ambassadors are taking Rasoul at his word that he heard Aladdin defect, but Aladdin needs "credible witnesses" and a corroborated story to prove he's working undercover

Classism. Do the neighboring lands not know who he is yet?

AladdinsGenie wrote:

naomi-scott_-_speechless.mp3 Laughing

Dying

--------------------------------

Is this the same Zorasto from Sands of Fate?

Which Riders of Ramond ep are we saying comes first?

Yo when they send the guards back to tell Agrabah what happened, I kept expecting Zorasto to go, "How many men does it take to deliver a message?"

Rasoul -shouts back- I’ll tell the princess what you've done, Aladdin!
Aladdin -through laughing he whispers- I’m counting on it, Rasoul
^^I love him.

Iago: Six thousand twenty eight, six thousand twenty nine, six thousand and thirty drachmas! I love this outfit!
^^ Apparently this is like twenty bucks.

Fazal: (sees Aladdin flying) Marauder attack! Defend the palace!
Aladdin: (Wearing a marauder costume) Marauder attack? But I dOn'T sEe AnY mAraUdErS

Aladdin agreeing to go to the dungeon for Jasmine/Agrabah. I love him.

Ambassador #2: Good leadership quality.
Ambassador #1: Your father would have done the same. -they leave-
Jasmine: Maybe.... But I’m not my father! leaves for dungeon
QUEEN

The whole exchange where Jasmine goes to rescue Aladdin while also being annoyed at men. <3

OMG Zorasto, a guy who hasn't ever met Jasmine, recognizes her in her brown robes and literally not Rasoul in 1992.

Yo Aladdin disarming Zorasto, Abu throwing the hourglass, Aladdin flipping the hourglass, then racing down the mountain to catch Jasmine might be my favorite rescue in the series.

I just love this episode. Jasmine's arc being a queen while facing sexism in the workplace, Aladdin being so brave and cool, Aladdin and Jasmine being goals, good character writing, the intricate-ish plot, the mystery of how the marauders win, the battle and rescue, etc... it's perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:

AladdinsGenie wrote:
The implication that Aladdin has been stealing the exact same outfit for himself but just in different sizes for years is so funny to me

Came here to say this haha. What a dad move.

Do you know how hard it was to make purple back then let alone wear it? He was stealing the equivalent of the same Gucci shirt every few years Laughing

Meesh wrote:

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Are the el Katib something Mirage controls or something she started?

Was wondering the same thing. Generally unclear what the point of them is besides kidnapping children and vague servant duties? They aren't even in Morbia. They're in the Shadow Realm.

Also wondering what this implies about the palace's involvement/lackthereof both this time and the last. Did Jafar know about this? Was it Mirage then too? Did Mirage wait until Jafar was gone to start messing with Agrabah again?

Doesn't a shadow walker have massive amounts of power in exchange for an eternity for servitude - where have I heard that before? Laughing I dunno, that whole "only walk the earth three nights every seven years" thing would count me out.

Jafar more than likely knew but didn't care because El Katib were targeting poor and struggling kids anyway, and that was just one less drain on their economy he had to worry about. I dragged sultan for not knowing there were poor people in his city, but Jafar probably skewed the numbers heavily when he reported back to him about how the people were doing or what he's done to assist if they came to the palace mentioning children in the city were going missing.

This does make me curious to know if the other villains knew of Jafar and if he knew of them....

Meesh wrote:

Aladdin: Waheed’s gone, and it’s all my fault.
Genie: Oh, Al, it’s not.
Aladdin: It is! I let it happen, just like I let it happen to Amal.
Genie: Al, I’m gonna smack you upside the head! Hard! Snap out of it, buddy! You’re not doing yourself any good like this.
^^ I love how consistent Genie's pet peeve of Aladdin melodramatically blaming himself for things is. *nods to The Spice is Right.

I also love how honest he is when Aladdin rightfully blames himself for things:

"I screwed everything up"
"yeah you did. now what are you gonna do to fix it?"
Laughing

Meesh wrote:

Aladdin: Return Waheed to normal. Take me in his place. Even trade. Him for me.
"Even trade." Wow.

I think he's gonna see himself as a street urchin until the day he dies and that's just *chef's kiss*. I don't think Disney allows their characters to look at themselves from a negative turned to a positive point of view like that anymore.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
I'm typing up my response to "Eye of the Beholder," and now I'm wondering if it was actually Fasir keeping Mirage away from totally messing with Agrabah, but he's getting old, so he let's Aladdin do most of it and steps in when he can.

I wonder why he's getting "older' and she's not. Even Mozenrath gave his right hand for power and it was literally killing him in his early 20s. I wonder if Mirage was human once and gave up her "humanity" to become an evil cat Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum