Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - My Japan Aladdin Photos
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Japan Aladdin Photos
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: My Japan Aladdin Photos Reply with quote

So I'm lucky enough to have spent several years living in Japan, and on top of that I've taken a couple vacations there as well. I thought I would take this opportunity to share some of the photos of Aladdin-related things I took while I was there. Since I'm still a newbie here Smile I'm hesitating a little bit in posting this, so please let me know if I've messed up in some way! Please also let me know if you want more information about any of the pictures or bigger versions of any of the pictures. I'm decently knowledgeable about the Tokyo Disney Resort, Tokyo/Japan in general, and I speak Japanese at a more or less advanced level, so I'm open to questions about any of those as well!

I figure it will be easiest for me if I go back in time through my photo folders, so I'm starting with 24 pictures from my most recent trip to Tokyo which was in August, 2018.

The Tokyo Disney Resort was celebrating its 35th anniversary when I was there, and this was one of the walls in Maihama Station, the Japan Rail train station that serves the resort. Genie is on the far right, Jafar and Iago are below him, and Aladdin and Jasmine are flying on Carpet beside the castle.

I took this batch of pictures in the Disney Store in Ikspiari, the large shopping mall right outside Maihama Station. I was blown away by the amount of Aladdin stuff they had this time! They usually have a few things, but it was unusual to see an entire wall of it!!

I'm not sure if I should post pictures of merchandise here or in The Marketplace ... I really have no idea if any of this is still for sale or whether you might be able to buy it from outside of Japan - I think a lot of you know a lot more about Aladdin merchandise than I do, honestly for all I know maybe none of this is even unique to Japan at all - so I'm putting these pictures here for now, but let me know if I should move them.

More Disney Store photos:

Elsewhere in the store:

Aladdin's pose here is so weird?!

Jafar on the top left and an AWNW-themed light on the right. The sign says that it flickers in reaction to sound?

Closer looks at two of the above items:

Many Japanese people carry small washcloths with them when they go out (e.g. to dry their hands after washing them in public washrooms, which usually lack paper towels or hand dryers), so it's not uncommon to see cute ones for sale. Genie on the top, Jasmine's shoe(??) on the bottom.

I love his expression here. So cute!!

Next are some pictures I took inside Tokyo DisneySea. This is just outside Arabian Coast, the area based on the world of Aladdin. Smile Summer in Japan can be super hot, so Tokyo Disney has a number of props that spray water on passing guests, but it was my first time seeing this one!

Look closer and you'll see a familiar carpet and a familiar lamp.

There was a golden Mickey or two in every land as part of the 35th anniversary decorations. This was the one in the port section of Arabian Coast.

The store inside Arabian Coast is called Agrabah Marketplace. <3 There I found another Aladdin with a cute expression.

A set of post-it notes inspired by the Magic Lamp Theater attraction. The Japanese inside Genie's speech bubble says "What's your first wish?"

Arabian Coast magnet. The building in the back is the two-story carousel.

The golden Mickey in the courtyard section of Arabian Coast.

A slightly different angle, with the two-story carousel slightly visible in the back left.

Let me know what you think! If no one is opposed, I'll post more pictures soon. Smile
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so cool! Thanks for sharing! I’ve always wanted to visit Tokyo.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would lose my mind if I ever went there omg. The parks in the states don't have this much stuff combined.

Next time you go let us know so we can give you money and you can buy us things!! Laughing
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Tries to find her words* WOW!Tthese are just magnificent! Some of these stuff are fantastic (really like that Mickey statues and the first pic).

And all the other stuff... GIVE ME THOSE FIGURES! Laughing

Thank you for sharing these! It's wonderful to look at them!

Edit: Welp, one more reason to save up and go to Japan for vacation. Laughing *reminds herself that she also wants Bleach stuff* oh great...
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of stuff I want in those photos, but I just realized you're not even IN the Arabian Coast yet. You're still just outside it, wow Laughing
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when I posted the pictures I was genuinely worried you all would have seen these things already. I'm really happy to be able to show you something new. Smile

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Next time you go let us know so we can give you money and you can buy us things!! Laughing

Yeah I'll have to let you know!! Very Happy I have no idea when my next trip will be ... hopefully sooner rather than later? Although I would also love to visit WDW and Disneyland Paris, the two Disney resorts I haven't been to yet!

zitagirl wrote:
*reminds herself that she also wants Bleach stuff* oh great...

Hahaha, unfortunately I won't be of much help there, but Bleach does seem to be pretty popular!
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arisha wrote:
Hahaha, unfortunately I won't be of much help there, but Bleach does seem to be pretty popular!

I'm well aware Laughing Since the live-action movie Bleach merchandise became big again plus the series is still popular, despite manga ended few years ago.

I can already see my wallet crying when I get to Japan, trying to get both Aladdin and Bleach stuff XD
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arisha wrote:
So when I posted the pictures I was genuinely worried you all would have seen these things already. I'm really happy to be able to show you something new. Smile

Not at all. Trying to find people who make it over there is hard. I think the last time I saw pictures from the Tokyo resort was like....2010 Laughing

I haven't been to WDW in a while, but if I do go I'll let you guys know.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THAT'S an Aladdin section!! I especially like that Genie travel neck pillow.

Feel free to post more, and never worry about "messing up." Post what you want! We're chill Smile

I went to DisneyLand a year or 2 ago and didn't see much. I got a Genie mug, but I didn't see anything I haven't already seen elsewhere.

I did get a caricature of my bf and me as Aladdin and Jasmine which turned out super cute. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually do have a Genie neck pillow from Japan, but that one seems to be updated:
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg you have a KoT poster too... Why haven't I thought of that??

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salukfan and I schemed to get a pair of those when we were 17. She had the $10 and I had the ebay account/bidding skills to win it for us Laughing. They're easy to get now, though, so treat yourself!
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Feel free to post more, and never worry about "messing up." Post what you want! We're chill Smile

Awww, thank you! Smile

I've honestly been EXHAUSTED by all the negativity on the Internet lately, so this place is a breath of fresh air.

Meesh wrote:
I went to DisneyLand a year or 2 ago and didn't see much. I got a Genie mug, but I didn't see anything I haven't already seen elsewhere.

A friend got me a Genie mug at Disneyland once! I love how it looks like Genie turned himself into a mug. I guess a lot of Genie merchandise is like that, but I had never really thought about it before!

Also that caricature sounds fantastic!

And AladdinsGenie, I think I like the neck pillow you have better than the updated one ... He's making a weeeird face in the updated one ...
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bring you 12 more pictures from August 2018!

First, a few more pictures from Arabian Coast in Tokyo DisneySea. I got this 35th anniversary purple churro from Open Sesame, the food stall in the background.

In the city streets area of Arabian Coast.

The same area but to the left. I think I was trying to be artistic with this one hahaha. One of the Agrabah Marketplace entrances is at the bottom left.

A Tokyo Disney Resort t-shirt. Genie is on the bottom left with Chandu, the tiger character from the Arabian Coast attraction Sindbad's Storybook Voyage. Below Chandu's head is one of the tiger tail snacks you can buy in Arabian Coast.

This is in Tokyo Disneyland. The current version of the Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade has two Aladdin floats - one is Genie by himself, one is Aladdin and Jasmine. On this trip it seems I only took pictures of the latter. It is definitely my favourite float in the parade, but I might be a little biased. Laughing

The float is accompanied by a peppy instrumental version of "Prince Ali."

They added Disney characters into Tokyo Disneyland's version of It's a Small World, like they've been doing in the other parks around the world. I have mixed feelings about the idea, but from what I've seen the execution has always been good. This is my first attempt to take a picture of Aladdin and Jasmine (up in the air on the right). Mowgli and Baloo are on the left. Smile

I really like the style of the art on this box of chocolates! Al and Jas on the top left.

A different variation. This might have been released to go along with the renewed It's a Small World.

Jasmine lamp necklace.

Genie and Abu on keychains. Most of the merchandise I'm showing is stuff I saw for the first time on this trip, but these I had seen before. There are a bunch of keychains in this style with different Disney characters and they've been selling them for years.

Jasmine as a purse hahahaha
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW

Having been to (I'm assuming) the entirety of the park, would you say the amount of Aladdin merch and theming is more than, less than, or equal to the representation of other movies?

(Wow that wording sounds like it's from a textbook)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum