Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - My Japan Aladdin Photos
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Japan Aladdin Photos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else want to go to the Arabian Coast and just sleep there? Like man, if they had a themed hotel that looked like this I would DIE. It's so beautiful there at night Crying or Very sad

And Aladdin's outfit is horrible, but their outfits have been a sore spot for a lot of people in entertainment who work in the parks because the American versions look a bit like that now, too:

I can at least tell that's Aladdin, though, compared to that Fairytale Fanfare version. The Fairytale Fanfare version of Jasmine looks better than the American parks version, but that's not saying a lot cause the only thing letting me know it's her is the hair and the teal coloring Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Anyone else want to go to the Arabian Coast and just sleep there? Like man, if they had a themed hotel that looked like this I would DIE. It's so beautiful there at night Crying or Very sad

Stay in a hostel in actual Marrakech! If you're feelin adventurous, also take a camel tour that includes sleeping in a tent in the desert!! Airfare will probably be pricy, but it's otherwise an inexpensive and amazing trip!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to go SO BAD, you have no idea.

I'm this close to taking courses in teaching English in Dubai if I get the right opening in my schedule.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds amazing - keep us posted if that happens!
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
In LA (and I think Orange County too) it was a Dodgers cap, and in NYC I think it was a "I Love New York" tee or something?

Wow his pockets must be huge! Or perhaps I am just used to useless women's pockets. Laughing

AladdinsGenie wrote:

It's really is~ One nice thing about Arabian Coast is that it usually empties out quite a bit in the evening when everyone goes to watch the nighttime shows in the other areas of the park. I have spent many lovely evenings there just eating popcorn and watching the carousel go round.

This is my first time seeing the new American park outfits! Having the usual colours does make them more recognizable at least.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I'm this close to taking courses in teaching English in Dubai if I get the right opening in my schedule.

Ooh, are you in a TESL program? I know next to nothing about Dubai, but I've been volunteering/working/studying in TESL for nine years now. Smile
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just looks so calm and peaceful, and I don't know if that's just the Aladdin fan in me or my love of Mediterranean art/architecture or what. I'd have to go with other Aladdin fans cause no one else is gonna wanna sit there and soak up the atmosphere.

Trying to! If I can get certified. Not having much luck as a rater for the tests, so maybe teaching will be easier.
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One non-photo Arabian Coast thing that I want to talk about before I forget! If you have been to a Disney park, you know that each land has its own unique background music. My favourite thing about the Arabian Coast background music is that it remembers that King of Thieves exists!!!

You can listen to the loop here: https://youtu.be/GhV2oi1hijU The whole thing is about an hour long. It's been a while since I watched KoT, but here are the bits that stand out to me as definitely being from its soundtrack:

- The song that starts at 4:08 and really gets going at 4:30 is perhaps a piece of Vanishing Isle music?

- The song that starts at 25:00 is an instrumental "Out of Thin Air" Very Happy Very Happy I LOVE LOVE LOVE that this is in here and I'm always so pleased when I get to hear it playing in the park. (Also I Shazamed it once and it actually recognized it hahaha)

- The song that starts at 31:58 is the wedding music Very Happy

- The song that starts at 37:33

... also there may well KoT music in between those but I'm just failing to recognize it as such right now. (And the "pon~" sound effect you sometimes hear in that video is the sound of Jasmine's Flying Carpets taking flight hahaha)

I don't know of any other DTV Disney sequels making it into the parks in such a big way and I love KoT so yeah. This is one of my favourite parts of DisneySea. Very Happy
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Trying to! If I can get certified. Not having much luck as a rater for the tests, so maybe teaching will be easier.

Ugh yeah, getting certified can be such a pain. I haven't tried to become a rater for any of the big tests yet but it definitely looks like it requires a lot of work. Best of luck!!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More music for my collection, yay!!

I think I only have the Tokyo water show from years ago on file, "A Whole New World"?
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arisha wrote:
AladdinsGenie wrote:

Ugh yeah, getting certified can be such a pain. I haven't tried to become a rater for any of the big tests yet but it definitely looks like it requires a lot of work. Best of luck!!

So wait, what do you do then? Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just got to "Out of Thin Air" and I'm so happy omg Laughing This is so soothing.
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have teaching certification, but no testing certifications. I'm between jobs right now because I just finished my Master's, but the last time I was in Japan I taught English conversation at a university. Starting next month I'll be teaching a language and culture course at a university here in Canada. Smile

And if you liked the Arabian Coast background music, I'll also share this: https://youtu.be/7LpGVH7hAY4 It's some kind of theme song they made for the land for some reason?? With English lyrics and everything hahaha. It's on a CD called the Tokyo DisneySea Music Album which has songs like this for each of the lands.

I don't know about that water show ... I have tunnel vision and only know about shows I saw in person. Laughing But I should try to find out more about past Tokyo Disney stuff!!
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
It just got to "Out of Thin Air" and I'm so happy omg Laughing This is so soothing.

It's great, right??

The only thing is it's longer than the actual song is, so whenever I try to sing along in my head I run out of lyrics halfway through. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your father's a man
Who taught you who you are
Mine was never there
So how can you say
I don't come out of thin aiiiiiiir?

There's so much I want to know
You've got the chance to learn
If it means I'd have to go
I'll be right here when you retuuuuurn

......Your father's a man/Who taught you who you are/Mine was never thereeeeee Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arisha wrote:
I don't know about that water show ... I have tunnel vision and only know about shows I saw in person. Laughing But I should try to find out more about past Tokyo Disney stuff!!

It's the only thing I did know about from there Laughing There's also some stage show from years and years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum