Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - My Japan Aladdin Photos
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Japan Aladdin Photos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I'll be right here when you retuuuuurn

......Your father's a man/Who taught you who you are/Mine was never thereeeeee Laughing

Yes exactlyyyyy Laughing Laughing

Some pictures from Tokyo at the end of 2016~

I was intrigued by this bag that I found in the Disney Store because to me it looks more like series animation than movie animation, particularly in the shape of Aladdin's face.

The other side.

These next four pics are of merchandise I found not in DisneySea, but in shops in World Bazaar in Disneyland. This is Genie's float in the Electrical Parade!

A Jasmine display in the window of the toy store.

A Jasmine notebook. The plastic cover makes it look kinda bleh in the photo, but in person I loved the style of the artwork.

Princess calendars.

Bon Voyage is a huge store between Tokyo Disneyland and the train station. The whole store is themed like it's a giant suitcase ready for a trip. If you look up as you pass the main entrance, you'll see these souvenir stickers and snapshots. There's an Arabian Coast stamp and, up in the corner, Iago and Zazu have visited Tokyo Disneyland's version of the Enchanted Tiki Room and been terrorized by Stitch, who stars in it. I feel like this must be some kind of joke referencing how Iago and Zazu were once part of the Tiki Room in Florida ...

Hanging out in Arabian Coast again. This is the fountain in the courtyard with the entrance to the Magic Lamp Theater behind it.

During the Christmas season, DisneySea puts a HUUUUGE Christmas tree up in American Waterfront, and underneath are gifts from each area of the park. The Arabian Coast gifts this year included the lamp (with Genie's face on it in case you're confused I guess), a plate engraved with an image of Aladdin and Jasmine, and a variety of riches~

I spent a weekend in the city of Nagoya and found these guys in a Disney Store there. Although I'm pretty sure I've seen this exact same display in another Disney Store elsewhere.
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halloween 2016 at Tokyo DisneySea was all about villains, and Jafar was one of the main villains featured. Here he is on a banner in DisneySea's entrance area.

A display in the DisneySea store Emporio. Look at it from this side, and it's the villains ...

Look at it from this side, and it's Mickey and friends dressed as the villains. I'm not sure Jafar would be impressed to know that Goofy was the one chosen to dress up as him.

Jafar's silhouette in a monorail station photo spot.

Jafar float is second in line as the villains' floats arrive in Mediterranean Harbor for the afternoon show. Jafar and Goofy-dressed-as-Jafar both made appearances in this show.

They made these overlapping characters T-shirts for several different movies, and I really like them! The patterns remind me of the Disney clothing I used to wear as a kid in the '90s.

Cute Jasmine and Rajah washcloth.

A wall of musical promotion in the shopping centre where the theatre is located.

A poster in the same general area.
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

July and August 2016!

Tokyo DisneySea:

Arabian Coast as seen from the boat you can ride around DisneySea.

Windows in Arabian Coast.

The Casbah Food Court and the Magic Lamp Theater, with fountain in the middle.

Peeking through the entrance to the Magic Lamp Theater when it was temporarily closed. The waiting area inside is another little city street area and the entrance into the preshow is through a tent.

I like the objects on top of the Magic Lamp Theater Fastpass machines.

The Magic Lamp Theater exit.

The two-story Caravan Carousel.

Looking across the courtyard area of Arabian Coast from right beside the Magic Lamp Theater. Cut off on the left is the land's main entrance, in the middle is Agrabah Marketplace, and to the right of that is the way to the city streets area.

The gang's all here! Very Happy Jasmine's Flying Carpets in the background.

Looking towards Arabian Coast's main entrance from the side. I took this picture because I genuinely love when people sit in those windows.

Tokyo Disneyland:

These next pictures are from the 30th anniversary parade, which I LOVED. First in the Aladdin section is Genie arriving on a camel.

Three more genies appear after him. This picture is a time capsule since neither this parade nor either of the attractions in the background exist anymore.

GIANT Abu float.

Aladdin!

A picture of Jasmine's side of the float that I took on a different day but in the same part of the park.

Dancers at the end of the Aladdin section.

The Disney Gallery is another attraction that no longer exists, but for some years they had a nice exhibit with a nice Aladdin section.

Genie's float in the Electrical Parade is constantly changing its lights to zany patterns or to patterns that mimic characters from other movies, like Nemo or Peter Pan.

The side of the Aladdin and Jasmine float in the Electrical Parade. You can kinda see that Abu is teasing Rajah on the back of it.

The musical:

There's a lamp on display on the second floor of the theater. Smile

I love this shirt that I got at the musical. On the bottom is the palace of Agrabah but on the top is a variety of Tokyo landmarks, such as Tokyo Tower, the Tokyo Skytree, and the Rainbow Bridge (with Mt. Fuji in the background, of course). I am ALL ABOUT souvenirs that combine Japan and Disney like this.

Other:

Jasmine spoon in the Disney Store.

I went to karaoke and found the Japanese version of "High Adventure" in their catalogue. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arisha wrote:

I went to karaoke and found the Japanese version of "High Adventure" in their catalogue. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Video or it didn't happen Laughing
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I studied middle eastern architecture in college so i'm just...quietly drooling at the design choices on the buildings. there's so much thought put in to them.

and wtf abu is out for meet and greets all the time over there? i met abu once and i was insanely lucky Laughing

i want that aladdin display with the concept art in my house!
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Video or it didn't happen Laughing

Ha! I didn't take a video unfortunately! Actually I think I was less interested in singing properly and more interested in basking in the glow of this song that I for so many years thought was doomed to forever be little known and underappreciated now being an option for karaoke in Japan!!

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I studied middle eastern architecture in college so i'm just...quietly drooling at the design choices on the buildings. there's so much thought put in to them.

On the flip side, I know absolutely nothing about Middle Eastern architecture, so I am glad to hear the creators of Arabian Coast knew what they were doing. Very Happy

(Not that I ever doubted them! But I just have zero knowledge.)

What's one design choice that stands out to you?

AladdinsGenie wrote:
and wtf abu is out for meet and greets all the time over there? i met abu once and i was insanely lucky Laughing

Yeah, I think I saw him fairly often? More often than Aladdin or Jasmine anyway. Seeing all three of them together like this was just total chance though, they were only together for a minute before Aladdin and Abu, who had been doing meet and greets, left and Jasmine took over.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abu is SUPER rare in the states. Sometimes he comes out for Halloween but that's it. I hear they have Sultan over there, too, which I'm insanely jealous about cause he's the only one I'm missing Laughing

The Arabian Coast takes A LOT of influence from Persian architecture, in particular the buildings from Naqsh-e Jahan Square in Isfahan, Iran.

http://stockholm360.net/list.php?id=esfahan

My eye keeps getting drawn back to the carousel, though, I think because they managed to work in the scrolling vine and flower motif on the cupola (dome). It's funny because that design typically denotes religious architecture Laughing
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the link! I will definitely take a look.

Sadly I never saw the sultan at Tokyo Disney and when I tried to google (in English and Japanese) to see whether he does meet and greets I could only find information about previous shows that he used to appear in. (And Tokyo Disney has some VERY obsessive bloggers so I would think if he regularly did meet and greets there would be SOMETHING.)

Anyway I just watched this video https://youtu.be/8fVgngILLFA which is a visit to Tokyo DisneySea on June 29th. Arabian Coast shows up at about 8:15 and again at about 24:30 but the amazing thing about it is that the standby line for the Magic Lamp Theatre is 130 minutes and wraps around the whole courtyard!! And the FastPass line extends out of the courtyard into the city streets area. I only saw it this busy during long stretches of national holidays but this weekend is just a regular weekend in Japan so people in the comments are wondering if the remake is boosting Arabian Coast’s popularity. Interesting!!
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a cute official blog post featuring the characters you can see in Arabian Coast: https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/blog/190314/

Apparently those new outfits for Al and Jas have made it to Tokyo now too!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked and he was last seen at Disneyland Paris for a show in 2013

http://www.charactercentral.net/C338_DisneyCharacters_DisneyClassics_Sultan.aspx

But he was definitely at Tokyo at some point:

I posted that around 2015 so idk

But uuuuuugh those ugly outfits Laughing
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have more information about that photo? The background looks the same as the background of the Paris pictures (on page 2) at the link you included.

Also his signature is on that page and I kind of love it hahaha
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, maybe I've been mistaken all these years. There use to be a message board on that site and it's gone now, but it was part of someone's trip to Tokyo and what I'm guessing is Disneyland Paris now (there was a hilarious story about Jasmine not knowing who Genie was when someone gave her a drawing of the gang Laughing). I might have mixed up the locations cause looking again the only sultan that shows up at Tokyo that I can confirm is a face character from the Bon Fire show under the Tokyo tag on that page Confused
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bored with going through my pictures in order, so let's jump back to the end of 2011, the year Christmas came to Arabian Coast!

Oh I'm sorry ... The year ~Magic Season~ came to Arabian Coast!

Just ignore the red and the green and the snowflakes because this is definitely not Christmas.

The courtyard fountain was all dressed up.

I only JUST NOW noticed the dancing Genies inside whaaat

The usual tiger heads were replaced with Genie heads.

I would've sworn that they changed the presents under the American Waterfront Christmas tree regularly, but apparently they put the same presents out at least six years in a row. Well here's a better look at them than the one I posted before.

I love themed "Cast Members Only" signs.

It PAINS me that the English is themed but the Japanese just says "Employees Only."

Some of the attractions at the Tokyo Disney Resort have these English explanations for cast members to hand to people who look like they don't speak Japanese. But I've ridden Sindbad's Storybook Voyage A LOT and have only been offered this paper a few times so I think you have to either look really confused or run into a particularly gung-ho cast member.

The back of the explanatory paper.

Abu's Bazaar is a little shop where you can play a game to win a prize. I've never done it because the prizes are always huge stuffed animals of non-Aladdin characters (what's up with that), but it must do fairly well because it always has a line!

The queue for Abu's Bazaar seems to be in different places depending on the day, but in this picture the shop is on the left (just out of frame) and the queue is on the right. The cast members are really good at managing this slightly awkward set up.

And now some pictures of Arabian Coast looking good:

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing says "holiday season" more than Genie spitting water in a fountain Laughing

And I can't believe Aladdin and the gang are giving the same presents every year. Don't be cheap, guys!! I know you got money! Laughing

I like how non-denominational it is though yet still festive.
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some hours after I made this post I came to the belated realization that the Genie heads on the fountain might have been a DisneySea 10th anniversary thing and not a winter holiday thing ... because they were still there when I went again for the springtime stuff ... but anyway I really liked them! I wish they'd bring them back once in a while. It's cool that the expressions are all different. The tigers are so boring in comparison!

AladdinsGenie wrote:
And I can't believe Aladdin and the gang are giving the same presents every year. Don't be cheap, guys!! I know you got money! Laughing

Ha! I never thought of it like that. Imagine being friends with the prince and princess of Agrabah and every year they give you the same present and it's a decorative plate with their picture on it. And you're like, thanks ... guys ... I guess I'll put this ... with the others ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum