Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - The Little Mermaid (Live Action)
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Little Mermaid (Live Action)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are they still doing sneak peaks when the movie is out in May? We had a full trailer by this time when Aladdin came out.

I had a lot of this spoiler already from some sneak peeks on merchandise that surfaced a few months ago, but it wasn't anything new to me but it still looks fun so far.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/DisneyStudios/status/1635082980199903234

Full trailer and poster!
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot express how happy I am they got an actual singer for Ariel, like it makes SUCH a difference from the autotuned-to-death songs we've been getting. We've heard about 15 seconds of Part Of Your World and its reprise and I'm already weeping Laughing

That's a really good looking shipwreck Laughing It must have been done in a studio instead of being computer generated.

Also, Ursula is looking better than I thought she would! Looks like they didn't CGI her to death either.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed - In a film where the main protagonist's like big schtick is her voice, I think it was extra important Smile

Javier Bardem looked CGI'd to death, at least here. But I did enjoy Ursula!
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched it yet because I'm busy haha. But apparently there are 3 new songs, and we get to hear a snippet of them here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoaF0PP7Fzs
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New teaser!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CrLciVwIQDG/
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of Your World released on Disney's VEVO YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu-RcFv50Sc

Mattan and I are over here tearing up. It's sooo good. It has to be the best Disney remake remade song so far.
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teaser/trailer/thing with dialogue!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cri7CCgIziP/
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day, I showed my mom this new version of "Part of Your World" because The Little Mermaid is one of her favourites. We both really enjoyed it!

I agree, Meesh: I think this is definitely one of the better Disney song remakes. I like that Halle Bailey was able to put her own spin on the song while still retaining elements of the original, plus her voice is GORGEOUS! It has so much vibrancy and shows how little life some of the live-action songs have been these last couple of years.

I really hope that this live-action movie is good. Most of them have been pretty meh for me.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend who works for Disney who saw an early screening of it, and she said (in her opinion) that it was fun but it was good not great. Kind of like the Aladdin remake?

We'll have to see for ourselves Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
I have a friend who works for Disney who saw an early screening of it, and she said (in her opinion) that it was fun but it was good not great. Kind of like the Aladdin remake?

We'll have to see for ourselves Smile

First of all, I am super jealous of your friend for working for Disney because that is an amazing perk to get. If you don't mind my asking, what is her role in the company?

I appreciate her honesty and like the description of "good, not great." I feel that about a few of them, especially the Aladdin live action, so it will be interesting to see what happens. It's crazy how many people are so rude about her race and with the live action Lilo and Stitch coming too, it seems the race card is the only one people want to talk about.
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm simply just not excited for it really. From trailers it just doesn't look that great to me even with the nostlagia factor definitely in it. Then there was this article from the creators how they changed some of the songs' lyrics which on its own isn't a bad thing, just when you read what they actually change on them... you kinda start to question if they actually know the context.

Plus I'm not gonna say any spoiler, but the ending got leaked via the book adaptation and well... I know why they did it and partially it could make sense, but it's still just very dumb imo.

Halle's singing is definitely really good, I admit, and I did find her version of Part of your world good actually, but I also get why some people are not too fond of it, when you think about what the song is supposed to be and the context behind it.

As for the whole race thing... I would be foolish to label everyone who criticizes the raceswap as racit. Sorry, but many many people just tired of raceswaps for numerous reasons.

Still, if the movie turns out to be actually good cool, more good stuff the better.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've talked the race topic to death and can probably let that one go at this point...

Dreamsounds did a nice video on their thoughts on the changed lyrics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EG54kUo5PU&list=WL&index=4

I don't want to out my friend but they work in tech, I think for the website?

Re: the book. I'm going to avoid the spoilers I think Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, I didn't mean to bring up the race topic if it makes people uncomfortable. In my original post, I just wanted to say that I think it is pretty sad that people aren't very open minded to Ariel being portrayed by a black actress. I personally have no issue with this change because I see it as a new take on the character, but I do apologize if my statement has made anyone uncomfortable. That was not my intention at all, so I am sorry.

Thanks for letting me know about your friend's role, Meesh. I agree: you don't need to say her exact role to protect her privacy, so your answer is a perfect one for me.

I also will be avoiding that book. Strange that Disney decided to release the book before the movie, especially with the knowledge of the ending. I wonder what made them decide to that?
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are fine, Fez, do not worry. I probably should have just not say anything on it really.

I only saw that book ending via Twitter tbh, but yeah, I have no idea why they released it so early.

I partially agree and disagree with that take on the lyrics change (just don't think what ain1t broke needs fixing) but it was nice to hear her thoughts out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum