Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Disney's Aladdin (2019) Digital and Blu-ray
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney's Aladdin (2019) Digital and Blu-ray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Disney's Aladdin (2019) Digital and Blu-ray Reply with quote

Disney has announced the Aladdin Digital and Blu-ray release dates and also announced that the original classic will be available on 4K Ultra HD for the first time as well. The live-action movie will be available on Digital August 27th and then on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray on September 10th.

Likewise, the original animated film will be available on Digital August 27th and on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray on September 10th.

The Aladdin Digital release will include special features such as: A Friend Like Genie; Aladdin’s Video Journal: A New Fantastic Point Of View; Deleted Song – “Desert Moon”; Exclusive – “Speechless”: Creating A New Song For Jasmine; Guy Ritchie: A Cinematic Genie; deleted scenes; and bloopers.

The 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Digital edition includes: A Friend Like Genie; Aladdin’s Video Journal: A New Fantastic Point Of View; Deleted Song – “Desert Moon”; Guy Ritchie: A Cinematic Genie; Exclusive Included With Digital Code – “Speechless”: Creating A New Song For Jasmine; deleted scenes; and bloopers. The Blu-ray, DVD and Digital edition includes these same features.

Be sure to shop around because the Disney Store is giving away lithographs with pre-order and places like Target have special edition copies as well!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOOPERS, YES!!! Laughing

And I didn't expect them to re-release the 1992 version. They JUST put it on blu-ray in 2015.
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
BLOOPERS, YES!!! Laughing

And I didn't expect them to re-release the 1992 version. They JUST put it on blu-ray in 2015.

Didn’t see that either, but I’m not complaining. Hopefully there will be an exclusive steel book version of it available at a certain retailer like there was with the Signature Edition of The Little Mermaid.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused with the steelbook situation because there was one out a long time ago and I didn't know what it was: https://www.fye.com/aladdin-limited-edition-blu-ray-mondo-x-steelbook-fye.000008717418543525.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3oTi-KrQ4wIVkIrICh028QUyEAkYAiABEgIcqfD_BwE

But I know I've seen a few places mentions steelbooks for the 2019 version: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/aladdin-includes-digital-copy-steelbook-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-only--best-buy-2019/6350571.p?skuId=6350571

And I guess a re-release for the 1992 version: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/aladdin-signature-collectionsteelbookdig-copy4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-rayonly--best-buy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-1992/6360044.p?skuId=6360044
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m trying to preorder both versions they have at Target right now, and they’re preorder regulations suck! You need to have the exact amount you need in order to make the purchase so they can put an “authorization hold” which they claim isn’t an actual charge. Why can’t they just not give you any charge at all until the item ships like, you know, most other places that do preorders?
genieownsmyheart
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONE MORE MONTH. ONE. MORE. MONTH.

Oh my god finally. I'm so excited it's not funny.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I a bad fan if I don't want a physical copy? I just want to see the bloopers and deleted song, and they'll probably make their way onto the internet right? Embarassed
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Am I a bad fan if I don't want a physical copy? I just want to see the bloopers and deleted song, and they'll probably make their way onto the internet right? Embarassed

Well I think the Target Exclusive editions of the 1992 original look like they are worth getting, but then again, I don’t know how I will be able to get a free lithograph from preordering it at Disneymovieclub.com
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:

This announcement comes right as I have been coming to realization that I want to severely declutter my belongings, so my reaction is less excitement and more "... Well. There it is." Laughing

I definitely want to see the bloopers and the deleted song/scenes! But perhaps I'll wait to get the physical copy until I'm interested in watching the movie again. I saw it multiple times in theatres so I think I'll be okay with that for a while.

Edit to add that I definitely don't think you are a bad fan if you don't get a physical copy. Owning things is not what determines whether or not one is a fan of something or how "good" a fan they are!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little glimpse at what special features there will be on the Blu-Ray:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1eOE-KlNIG/
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:

I have zero space left so I’m with you there Laughing
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess of Agrabah wrote:
Meesh wrote:

I have zero space left so I’m with you there Laughing

I have space (and my mother actually wants to buy the new movie), but I'm really only interested in watching the behind the scenes stuff (plus watch the movie in English once).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum