Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - I hate Doug Walker
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I hate Doug Walker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLN001
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: I hate Doug Walker Reply with quote

And his latest review of live action Aladdin is just another reminder of WHY I hate him. I wish his career would be destroyed by some scandal like Vic Mignogna’s was back in January. That’s how much I can’t stand Doug or TGWTG.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah woah woah Laughing Hating somebody for having different tastes as you is pretty extreme!

The only reason I feel a little weird watching his videos is because of some of the shady things that went down with Channel Awesome and Lindsay Ellis. I still watch him once in a while though.

I enjoyed his Nostalgia Critic review of Aladdin 2019. It was very critical, but he did at least admit some good aspects, and his presentation was entertaining. His review as Doug Walker was pretty annoying though. Like I get it you hate the remakes.

The reviews in question:

Nostalgia Critic In-Character Review (more thought-out, well-edited review with jokes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eokFQt_GL4

and

Stream of consciousness review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Zkhkv6ilk
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's his opinion. Everyone has their right to say it and honestly he had some fair criticism in there, even though it was obvious some were played up just for entertainment.

About Vic Mignogna... you realise none of the allegations against him have been proven true yet, right? And he still gets roles and invitations to cons, so...

Now pls let's not start wishing people's lives being ruined. You don't like Doug? Don't watch his videos then. Being vile does no good.
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Woah woah woah Laughing Hating somebody for having different tastes as you is pretty extreme!

The only reason I feel a little weird watching his videos is because of some of the shady things that went down with Channel Awesome and Lindsay Ellis. I still watch him once in a while though.

I enjoyed his Nostalgia Critic review of Aladdin 2019. It was very critical, but he did at least admit some good aspects, and his presentation was entertaining. His review as Doug Walker was pretty annoying though. Like I get it you hate the remakes.

The reviews in question:

Nostalgia Critic In-Character Review (more thought-out, well-edited review with jokes)

and

I honestly not too informed in what happened with that, so I rather not judge him falsely. I simply just watches his videos as I do think he has some fair criticism about things he watched. Yes, he does go a bit extreme at times just for entertainment, but guy still gives solid criticism.

I'm fine with his Doug review on it. He had points and I do understand why he dislikes the remakes. Then again I view movies with a more critical eye as well, so I have a bit more insight why he thinks on them the way he does.
DLN001
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:

The reviews in question:

and

The only reason he even got famous to begin with is because of his “feud” with James Rolfe (The Angry Video Game Nerd). If it wasn’t for that, he wouldn’t have gone anywhere.

zitagirl wrote:

About Vic Mignogna... you realise none of the allegations against him have been proven true yet, right?.

Then why did the judge dismiss his joke of a lawsuit earlier this month? And the cons he is being invited to are only ones that are run by sex pests like him that aren’t worth the time of anyone who knows right from wrong.
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both AVGN and NC are good in their own ways. I fairly enjoy their contents even today and wouldn't say NC is only famous because of AVGN.

Alright, claiming people being sex pests with no actual evidence or proof is just bad, so pls stop it.

As for that, the case is not over. Everyone is in mediation now and last time I checked the case was not about weather Vic is a monster as some like to claim. I still wait for the actual truth to come out, not just hearsays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum