Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Disney+ Reportedly Developing Prince Anders Spinoff
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney+ Reportedly Developing Prince Anders Spinoff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Disney+ Reportedly Developing Prince Anders Spinoff Reply with quote

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/12/06/disney-plus-aladdin-prince-anders-spinoff/

Who the hell asked for this? If I wanted content of an eccentric European-esque Aladdinverse character, I'll go watch the Odiferians from the tv series Laughing

He had like seven lines. Are they joking?

Meanwhile, Mena can't get an audition. Hollywood and its biases are incredible.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Gretchen Wieners right now. "Disney, stop trying to make Billy Magnessun the breakout star of Aladdin. It's not going to happen."
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the possibilities they have, all the interesting stuff they could do with Aladdin, or even just use already established stuff from the franchise and further expand them... and they chose that prince guy that even the characters wanted to avoid...

I'm sorry, but this just baffles me hard. Prince Anders as a whole was at best just filler and honestly I wouldn't be able to stand his character in the long run (they really made him annoying) let alone in his own spinoff.

Nothing against the actor for real, but I wasn't exactly fond of his character. Confused

I feel like Disney is seriously out of touch with why people like Aladdin actually. :/

Well, there goes my hopes for Disney actually using and further expanding the Aladdin canon. Guess I will just do it myself like I planned for months now. *goes back to finalizing character designs*
Robo4900
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean... I liked Aladdin 2019, and Prince Anders was... A character... Who was... Fine...

... Who asked for this?

I remember seeing a few critics say Anders was amazing, best thing in it... I don't see it. I dunno what they were talking about, and I dunno what Disney are thinking with this...

I'm just baffled by this.
AladdinsGenie, your second post here perfectly sums up my feelings on this. Laughing
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robo4900 wrote:
I mean... I liked Aladdin 2019, and Prince Anders was... A character... Who was... Fine...

... Who asked for this?

I remember seeing a few critics say Anders was amazing, best thing in it... I don't see it. I dunno what they were talking about, and I dunno what Disney are thinking with this...

I'm just baffled by this.
AladdinsGenie, your second post here perfectly sums up my feelings on this. Laughing

I saw maybe 1 critic or 2 saying that, most people otherwise forgot the character or at best said it was well-acted, but not exactly needed to the plot. Nothing more nothing less.

Apparently it was the actor himself asking for it, and Disney+ greenlighted it, as they need content there now. So technically it wasn't the company coming up with this, but rather they just find the actor's suggestion as good enough for Disney+.

Sadly the reason this blew up on social media is the timing. With Mena's interview and this, people really say some not so nice stuff about both the company and Hollywood in general atm and can understand why they do that, even if I disagree on it, especially now looking into stuff a bit deeper.

Disney's best possible option atm is the announcement of the sequel. People want that anyway and with that Mena also would be back in acting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum