Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Coronavirus has hit New York and I am frightened
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coronavirus has hit New York and I am frightened
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing fine for the most part, even though I get worried whenever I have to go outside as if I caught it my mom could as well and for her it would be lethal.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I'm essential personnel so I'm doing as well as one can be on the front lines despite your job being decorating

Stay safe while you're pimpin out your essential business! Smile

zitagirl wrote:
Doing fine for the most part, even though I get worried whenever I have to go outside as if I caught it my mom could as well and for her it would be lethal.

Sounds like you're being reasonably cautious. I'm gonna look up some DIY face mask tutorials for if I ever leave my apartment. We wanna look out for people like your mom <3

---

I'm not essential personnel and never leave my household, but it turns out most of my job can be done online, so I'm still chillin'!

Sorry to everybody for downplaying it in the beginning. I was trying to be comforting and didn't realize how serious this would be! I still hope that you're choosing to be smart and cautious instead of living with fear. I'm here if anybody needs to talk to somebody Smile
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's alright, Meesh. I think most of us at the beginning wouldn't have thought it would turn out to be that serious. No panicking here, just being cautious and only go out when it's necessary (once a week at best). Just gonna be weird how things will be done for a good while.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is everybody doing? <3
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second lockdown here now with the rest of Europe.

hat about you, Meesh? Hope you and everyone else is fine also.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing well. The US is kind of a circus right now, but I'm fortunate enough to have health and good company.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are starting to get rationed again where I live (toilet paper, napkins, hand sanitizer, etc.) in part because things are worse than before since we didn't do this right the first time, but also because of Thanksgiving travel which is going to make things way worse going in to December. I'm great, though, everyone I know is in great health.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I canceled my flight home for Christmas today Sad Was supposed to have my wedding tasting, go wedding dress shopping, and see my family for the first time since last Christmas. But I just didn't feel right about traveling during the holidays. Super bummed about it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, that sucks Sad

Have you pushed your wedding back, too, or has an official date never been set yet?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our original venue canceled all of their events due to COVID, so we did need to find a new venue. Our new venue didn't have our original date, but they had the next day. So our date got pushed back one day, which I didn't see as a big deal. It's not until next October, so if all goes well with the vaccine, it looks like we'll be in good shape!
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, it happened everybody. I got the 'rona. My symptoms have been few and really mild. My fiance has had every symptom in the book, but the severity has been that of a man-cold. Looks like we're riding it out pretty well.

Super glad I cancelled my trip home! Symptoms started the day before what would have been our flight! We cancelled Hanukkah with his (local) parents too, as soon as we had a hint of symptoms.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, I'm glad you guys aren't doing too bad cause I've heard it varies from person to person.

Do you have any idea where you picked it up from?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only place we went during the possible time period was to get food. We're thinking it was a local taco stand.

My symptoms came and went really quickly. My fiance is just really tired now. And can't smell, which he has found very amusing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Meesh, how are you guys holding up?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All better! Fiance says his smell is ~70% back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum