Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Weird thoughts/questions about Aladdin
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird thoughts/questions about Aladdin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Rose
Goth Genie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Weird thoughts/questions about Aladdin Reply with quote

I have a few weird thoughts about Aladdin and I'm wondering if anyone else has any, as well as answers to mine:
1. Why are Genie and Carpet named after their own species? It's kind of like calling Abu "Monkey" or Iago "Bird". I do like their names, I'm just wondering why Disney decided to keep them simple.
And 2. Speaking of Carpet, how was Aladdin and Genie able to tell he was male (or at least assumed he used he/him pronouns)? Maybe it's some sort of dirty joke?
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe anyone from the Cave of Wonders just doesn't get a name? Like it's something passed on to your from your master or something? Also, I can't imagine Genie named like....Jamal or Hamed or something Laughing

As for Carpet being a dude, I'm guessing Genie asked since they have a history together ("Haven't seen you in a few millennia!") or, what I always kinda assumed, it's the color/pattern scheme that gives him away to anyone who knows about magic carpets.
Dark Rose
Goth Genie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Maybe anyone from the Cave of Wonders just doesn't get a name? Like it's something passed on to your from your master or something? Also, I can't imagine Genie named like....Jamal or Hamed or something Laughing

As for Carpet being a dude, I'm guessing Genie asked since they have a history together ("Haven't seen you in a few millennia!") or, what I always kinda assumed, it's the color/pattern scheme that gives him away to anyone who knows about magic carpets.

That would be cool if Carpets had markings to tell their gender, just like actual animals
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I thought that Genie wasn't given a name, in order to reinforce the fact that he was born a slave.
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it was just easier for the creators to not really giving them real names plus if I really want to be honest I did thought Genie had a name, as for us the word genie is "dzsinn" and he was called "Dzsini" in our dub.

As for Carpet, I only got the idea he's male based on some of his gestures, like when he kisses Jasmine's hand.
Dark Rose
Goth Genie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thought I had that I posted in a Youtube comment:
"Am I the only one who used to find it a little strange that Genie is shown bathing with his earring and cuffs on? The cuffs I can understand since I don't think he could remove them at the time but still, the earring?"
Everyone here probably knows what I am talking about but here's what I mean anyway:

However, I also realized that he can remove his cuffs. In some forms he doesn't have them on, like his left arm in this one:

What are your thoughts on this? Was this intentional? It probably was because I know there is a similar situation with Jasmine in a spinoff
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha i never really paid attention to those sexy genie posters on the changing room screen.
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The small funny details still give me a chuckle.

Not gonna lie, but when I first saw the movie I thought Genie was bathing because the sudden water that got into his lamp (not sure if this is considered dark humor given the situation), so it didn't bother me him having his earring and such up.

As for the cuff thing. I might say it's an oversight with what we know about the whole imprisonment for genies. Plus they might have just found this looking much better without cuffs. Not trying to sell them short, just simply know sometimes people can forget about a few details, especially when you are in hurry.
Dark Rose
Goth Genie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Haha i never really paid attention to those sexy genie posters on the changing room screen.

You're not a furry for Genie are you? Shocked Confused
Dark Rose
Goth Genie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zitagirl wrote:
The small funny details still give me a chuckle.

Not gonna lie, but when I first saw the movie I thought Genie was bathing because the sudden water that got into his lamp (not sure if this is considered dark humor given the situation), so it didn't bother me him having his earring and such up.

As for the cuff thing. I might say it's an oversight with what we know about the whole imprisonment for genies. Plus they might have just found this looking much better without cuffs. Not trying to sell them short, just simply know sometimes people can forget about a few details, especially when you are in hurry.

I can actually agree with the water getting into the lamp thing, sometimes I imagine him becoming this form whenever he touches any body of water
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Genie even be considered a furry material? I have some furry friends and never heard them ref to Genie as such.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Rose wrote:
Meesh wrote:

Haha, no. I should rephrase:

"I never really noticed the model shots of Genie on the changing room screen."

That being said - we have had people on the board who are attracted to Genie, and I'm not here to kink shame Smile
Goth Genie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zitagirl wrote:
Can Genie even be considered a furry material? I have some furry friends and never heard them ref to Genie as such.

Hmmm, he doesn't seem too much of a genie with a human design and has some features of some sort of animal, I guess it's up to whoever is looking at him that makes sense
Dark Rose
Goth Genie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Dark Rose wrote:
Meesh wrote:

Haha, no. I should rephrase:

"I never really noticed the model shots of Genie on the changing room screen."

That being said - we have had people on the board who are attracted to Genie, and I'm not here to kink shame Smile

That's cool, I pair both myself and my geniesona (my username's origin) to Carpet. Laughing
Dark Rose
Goth Genie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unrelated to the movie but does anyone know why this is the most overused Genie clipart and that it's on every piece of merchandise where he is involved?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum