Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Immersive Disney Animation Experience
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Immersive Disney Animation Experience
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject: Immersive Disney Animation Experience Reply with quote

Have any of you heard about this? https://lighthouseimmersive.com/disney/

My parents saw a post for it on Facebook, saw a picture of Aladdin and Jasmine flying during "A Whole New World", and thought of me! Very Happy

Apparently, there are different sections of the exhibit. There is a historical section that shows some of the older Walt Disney company animation, as well as old concept art for different movies. And then there is the wall to wall projections of iconic Disney scenes from different movies.

Would any of you go to something like this?
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of this! There was a Van Gogh version that was really popular that Disney stole the idea from Laughing https://vangoghexpo.com/

It's basically just being in a giant room and feeling like you're 'inside' certain scenes. If you've done Mickey Philharmagic at Walt Disney World, it's a fancier version of that which combines sights, smells, etc. while watching Disney movies. Some people hang out on the floor or walk around. It's a chill exhibit.
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I have heard of this! There was a Van Gogh version that was really popular that Disney stole the idea from Laughing https://vangoghexpo.com/

"Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat, tell you all about when I've got the time" Laughing

I ADORE Mickey's Philarmagic show in Magic Kingdom (it's literally my favourite attraction in all four Florida parks), so this sounds right up my alley. It's coming to my hometown in the next month and will be there throughout the summer. Maybe I will look into it because it sure looks cool based on the photos and videos I have seen advertising it.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could be That Person and bring a Magic Carpet towel to sit on and start flying along with Aladdin and Jasmine during their part Laughing
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
You could be That Person and bring a Magic Carpet towel to sit on and start flying along with Aladdin and Jasmine during their part Laughing

I mean... my cousin did say I looked like Aladdin when we were kids and wanted to sing "A Whole New World" together, but I think that was just because she wanted to sing Jasmine's part Laughing

I'm not saying I would do it, but I'm not saying I wouldn't do it either.
I could always justify it and say I am doing it for the Aladdin Central fans.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No! You should have done both! Laughing

Honestly, if you were around other Disney fans, they wouldn't care. They would encourage it actually Laughing

Last edited by AladdinsGenie on Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Oh my goodness, that picture is pure brilliance!

And I ended up doing just that because my cousin didn't know the actual words. It was like when I tried to teach myself the song on acoustic guitar, did really well with the first part, and then promptly remembered that I would need a second guitar to do Jasmine's part. Laughing

I think you're right. Maybe some cute guy will come up to me and ask if I trust him. One can dream...
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have taught your cousin guitar Laughing

Listen, you say you're dreaming, but that actually does happen in Disney spaces Laughing
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:

Listen, you say you're dreaming, but that actually does happen in Disney spaces Laughing

If I meet my future Aladdin while sitting on a carpet towel amongst other Disney fans, I think my life would actually be complete!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchase the towel, change your fate ....Laughing
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm just picturing the words "Purchase the towel, change your fate" as a sign in Agrabah's marketplace above the Merchant from the beginning of the movie's stall. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, this story is centered around oil lamps and carpets - why not add a magic towel in to the mix? Laughing
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I mean, this story is centered around oil lamps and carpets - why not add a magic towel in to the mix? Laughing

"Never fails, you get in the bath and there's a rub at the lamp"

Maybe towels were already in the mix? Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But are they magic towels or just some random pieces of cloth the merchant is saying is magic? Laughing
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
But are they magic towels or just some random pieces of cloth the merchant is saying is magic? Laughing

Agrabah’s marketplace is pretty sus, if the movies and TV show are anything to go by. A lot of sketchy stuff tends to go down there, now that I think about it Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum