Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Baby/Kids Stuff
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby/Kids Stuff
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject: Baby/Kids Stuff Reply with quote

Okay y'all... I'M PREGNANT!!! Time to start planning the indoctrination...

The little Agrabanian princess is due November 5 Smile What am I putting on the registry and/or purchasing immediately? How am I decorating the nursery?

So far, my dad has gifted us a crocheted Princess Jasmine outfit for infant pictures, and my sister has gifted us a Genie onesie.

P.S. I'm not a hard-ass with gender norms, so feel free to suggest "boy" stuff. Giving this its own thread in case more stuff pops up along the way Smile

P.P.S. If she isn't a week early, I'll be suuuper pregnant on Halloween so bump costumes are welcome too Smile Doesn't have to be Aladdin-related.
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha - did not mean to put this in News/Updates. Sorry!
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Baby/Kids Stuff Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Okay y'all... I'M PREGNANT!!! Time to start planning the indoctrination...

Oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting for you and your husband. I love that you are already planning to indoctrinate this kid with Aladdin stuff! Very Happy

How hardcore about Aladdin do you want to go for the baby's nursery? Like, if someone were to walk into the room, do you want them to think "Yep, I have literally stepped foot into Agrabah" or more along the lines of slight odes to the film. Either would be amazing as a nursery!

All I know is that there needs to be a baby mobile above the crib with flying carpets and some cute art like this:
https://us.yislamoo.com/products/nursery-wall-art-girl-aladdin-lamp?variant=19649145471062

If I do come across specific things that fit your preferred esthetic, I am happy to send them your way Very Happy
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU!!!

I think not stepping into Agrabah, although don't let that deter you from sending me stuff!

I love the idea of an Aladdin mobile!! How cute would that be <3

Side note: We are trying to buy a house rn with an enclosed porch that I 100% intend on making Agrabah.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But this IS news!! omg congrats!! We can't wait to meet little miss Aladdincentrala Laughing

Purchase immediately:
Car seat. You'll need that to take her home so that's a day 1 must. And if the budget allows, preferably one of those growing car seats that goes all the way up to a booster seat so that way you don't have to keep purchasing a new one every time she outgrows it. I would also think about if you have more than one car and don't feel like bouncing The One Good Car Seat back and forth. And especially if siblings or grandparents will be driving her around when she's dropped off for visits, maybe having an extra one for them would be helpful? And that one doesn't necessarily need to be a fancy one, but you know just an extra one for convenience whenever a situation like that arises.

You'll want a stroller. There's so many different kinds and you can do your research on what works for you and your life style. But I see a lot of parents that carry their newborn babies around when they go to the store with just a blanket covering them because they didn't have a stroller yet thinking they wouldn't need it for a few more weeks. You don't necessarily anticipate bringing them in to that kind of environment so soon, but it might happen and I just find everyone (mom, dad, the baby) is a lot less stressed when it's an option and not something you have to think about in the midst of dealing with a week old baby. I know it takes a minute to load in and out of the car and then make sure the baby is comfortable, but that's your life now Laughing

I would definitely start stock piling diapers and wipes now. Start with size 1 and go up from there. As you get closer to your due date and everything is looking to be on track, then you can pick up a few boxes of Newborn diapers. She won't be in those longer than she will a size 1, but long enough that you'll need some depending on her weight and when she comes out. Also, consider the possibility she might be premie and just make note of where some premie items are located. I'm saying this because I had a friend (the one I bullied into naming her daughter Aurora Laughing) who had her baby a month early and therefore had zero premie items on hand and they're not easy to find in stores, so we had to hurry up and amazon prime some diapers, clothing, etc. to her.

For the registry, everything else Laughing. Doesn't matter what it is, just put it on there. You'll be surprised what people will buy. Some items mothers I know found to be life savers, though, are a baby monitor for the nursery, a noise machine (portable and stationary), postpartum kit for you, body pillows for you and the baby, swaddlers, and mini fridge for bottles. I'll come back to this part later, though, cause there's a lot of cute Aladdin (well mostly Jasmine) stuff I've seen for babies.

For the nursery, "Aladdin themed" - to me - means bright colors, popped with some gold accents and then maybe a sneaky direct reference here and there like Carpet on the ground or rolled up in the corner, Genie's lamp high up on a shelf somewhere, a fake apple on the dresser, Jasmine's flower and vase nearby, an Abu plush hanging out, that kind of thing. And especially if you keep the crib in there, you can add a canopy around it and then echo that with the window curtains to mimic the drapery around the palace/Jasmine's room. Lots of pillows and blankets in the seating areas. Maybe do some glow in the dark stars on the wall for night time and some light-up Arabic lanterns for the evening to give a warm glow to the room (kinda like this: https://www.disneytouristblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/arabian-coast-buildings-stairs.jpg). If you can find like an old wooden trunk, you can load it with diapers and babies supplies, but make it look like a treasure chest. There's so many things you can do. Ugh, I wish I was an interior decorator for real Laughing

And you can always go as Chicha from The Emperor's New Groove for Halloween! You might wanna think about something for your daughter too, though, as it's a huge possibility she'll be out before then.
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party, but congrats Meesh! Very Happy Hope the little rascal will bring joy to your life! Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, back with some items I've seen floating around!

Itty Bitty Security blanket by Hallmark

The only Jasmine pacifier I've seen :\

Teething sets

Rattles

A bib shirt...thing Laughing

This romper set starts at 0-3 months and goes up to like 4T so it's perfect for any time you want one.

I deeply regret not grabbing a few of these when they were at boxlunch for whenever someone has a baby to hand out as a gift from me Mad

Anything with Genie one it is gonna be funny because it's like Genie IS the onesie Laughing

Jasmine onesie sold on ShopDisney and the parks last year-ish

Abu onesie also sold in the parks (there's another one that says Walt Disney World at the bottom)
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everybody for the warm wishes and awesome recommendations!! <333

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Aladdin-Genie-Carrier-Costume/dp/B0BWKB8SLJ

It's a Halloween costume/carrier, but that would be used year round tbh Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! Maybe her 1-year Halloween costume Laughing
Goth Genie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% the Genie plush doll if they still make one
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clover was born at 5:04am on November 12, coming in at 6lb 11oz and 20.5 inches. Smile

After a brief stint in the NICU, she is home and thriving! She’s a very happy and snuggly little bean, and we’re so in love with her <3 She was definitely born looking like her daddy’s little clone, but she looks a *little* more like me every day.

I've got a few more Aladdin-y pics and a nursery tour to take when I catch up on sleep and emails!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gonna say "please tell me you had the baby by now" Laughing

She is so precious!! And Clover is such a nice name. I'm so happy for you guys ❤️

And don't worry, my friend's baby looked like her father's clone for the first six months. Then her genes kicked his to the curb after and they haven't been seen since Laughing
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, she's so cute! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Congrats on her and hope you will bbe happy with her.
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I was gonna say "please tell me you had the baby by now" Laughing

Same, girl Laughing

Congratulations Meesh to you and your husband!

Clover is so adorable and that Genie shirt is *chef's kiss! This kid is definitely getting indoctrinated into the Aladdin fandom Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum