Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Disney Short 'Once Upon A Studio' featuring Robin Williams
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney Short 'Once Upon A Studio' featuring Robin Williams
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:52 pm    Post subject: Disney Short 'Once Upon A Studio' featuring Robin Williams Reply with quote

Link to the article is here:

Quote:
...the nine-minute short reportedly brings more than four hundred characters from Disney’s century-long history back to life.

Some who saw the film firsthand at the festival described it as “Night at the Museum with Disney characters.”

Josh Gad confirmed they're using old archival audio for Genie on his instagram:

Quote:
Now that it’s premiered at Annecy, I’m so excited to finally have the world see what @DisneyAnimation has created to celebrate the incredible 100 year legacy of the studio. I nearly cried when I was told Olaf would appear alongside the Genie, utilizing previously unheard audio from my idol #RobinWilliams
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This also likely means Scott, Linda, etc. will be part of the project, too! Very Happy
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised they can actually use old recordings of Robin Williams. Weren't those not allowed for another 16 years?

Still... I can't deny. I'm actually excited for this 1, even if it's short.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They got special permission from his estate. Josh Gad weighed in on fans being upset Disney was doing this:

Quote:
"Won’t say more but this was not done to my knowledge without the consent of [his] family. Please don’t spread misinformation before getting facts. I knew Robin personally, and would never agree to do anything unless I knew that it had consent. In fact, I know for a fact, Disney did not do this without reaching out to the Estate. They had the blessing before ever committing to doing this beautiful tribute to my hero.”

https://twitter.com/joshgad/status/1668309717817651200?s=20
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
They got special permission from his estate. Josh Gad weighed in on fans being upset Disney was doing this:

Quote:
"Won’t say more but this was not done to my knowledge without the consent of [his] family. Please don’t spread misinformation before getting facts. I knew Robin personally, and would never agree to do anything unless I knew that it had consent. In fact, I know for a fact, Disney did not do this without reaching out to the Estate. They had the blessing before ever committing to doing this beautiful tribute to my hero.”

https://twitter.com/joshgad/status/1668309717817651200?s=20

Ah alright, that's reassuring to hear. Good on him clarifying this to the fans! Very Happy
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuQrVla3TTk

The full-length short will premiere on ABC on October 15th as part of ABC’s “The Wonderful World of Disney: Disney’s 100th Anniversary Celebration!” hosted by Kelly Ripa.
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw the trailer and it looks pretty adorable, especially since we are able to see a few obscure Disney characters in the background of the video. I love that Genie is being given some spotlight (even if he has to share it with Olaf who I find to be a tad annoying), but I am curious how Disney is planning to use Robin Williams' archival audio files. I would assume that they are quite specific to scenes from the original movie (or King of Thieves), so it will be interesting to see how that will be done.

If anything, that just means the other Aladdin characters might have more than just a quick appearance in this short. Nothing wrong with that... Wink
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the biggest draw for me is the 'archival' footage because I'm absolutely going to try and piece together where that could have been used in the movies Laughing
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I am also curious to see what the audio sounds like and try to figure out where it could have been used in the original movie.

I am really looking forward to seeing this full short as soon as I can. Very Happy
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder this airs tonight (10/15 @ 8PM Eastern Standard Time)!

Quote:
In honor of Disney's 100th anniversary, ABC is celebrating the iconic moment with an evening of magical programming hosted by Kelly Ripa. ABC will begin the evening with an episode of "America's Funniest Home Videos," followed by a lineup that will include exclusive moments featuring Ripa and sneak peeks of upcoming Disney projects.

The special program will also feature the world broadcast premieres of Walt Disney Animation Studios' new animated short film, "Once Upon a Studio," and the beloved Oscar®-winning feature "Encanto."

"The Wonderful World of Disney: Disney's 100th Anniversary Celebration!" airs SUNDAY, OCT. 15 (8:00-10:30 p.m. EDT). Be sure to watch on the ABC app from your smartphone and tablet (iOS and Android), computer on ABC.com and connected devices (Roku, AppleTV and Amazon Fire TV). Disney will mark its official 100th anniversary on Oct. 16 with additional programming across Disney+ and its networks.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oOo thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this goes online in HD, but right now it's a print for cast members I believe. Either way I just wanted to let you all know Aladdin and Jasmine are still dedicated to touching even in a group photo Laughing

The gang's all here!
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness, that picture is so amazing and I wish I had worked at Disney at some point to get my hands on it. I wonder if they will be selling said picture at the Disney Parks after this event because I am going in March 2024.

Aladdin and Jasmine are just doing what they can for their fans. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the gang had quick cameos:

Genie's part I'm assuming is left over from his intro at the Cave of Wonders. He just knocks over Olaf instead of Aladdin when he comes out the paper. "I ain't seen a fall like that since Rome" Laughing

Aladdin's "Okay, see yah there!" line sounds not pieced together/new even if his animation isn't? (and he's as clumsy as always <3)

Carpet flying Mr. Toad out the door and around the sorcerer hat on top of the studio was cute (and I'm sure some kind of cheeky reference to old Mr. Toad's Wild Ride attraction at the parks)

Iago and Jafar knowing this wasn't going to work out the moment they gave Goofy the camera Laughing

Jasmine solemnly heading to the door when the camera breaks is so funny to me. Girl, you should have been like "All this magic across 100 years of movies and NONE of us can fix it?? Genie can give you a digital camera instead - whatever that is" Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, also! Everyone who spoke briefly (Genie, Aladdin, Abu) has the same voice actor except Iago. It's now Piotr Michael Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum