The Midnight Vigilante by Mariposa79



Summary: What if Aladdin really left Jasmine in the King of Thieves? What if they actually had the Hand of Midas? Will there be a wedding? A new hero comes to town called the Midnight Vigilante.
Rating: PG starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Original Characters
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 04/19/05
Updated: 11/24/05


Index

Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: Keeping the Hand of Midas.
Chapter 3: The beginning of the Midnight Vigilante
Chapter 4: Testing Lexie's Abilities
Chapter 5: A New Phenomenon
Chapter 6: Chasing after A Myth
Chapter 7: Only you..
Chapter 8: The Escape
Chapter 9: A Decision was made
Chapter 10: A premonition foretold.
Chapter 11: I Work Alone!!!
Chapter 12: Haleel
Chapter 13: Hands to Heaven
Chapter 14: The Art of Confusion


Chapter 1: Prologue

The Midnight Vigilante

Warning: All Aladdin characters are associated with the Walt Disney Co. Some of the dialogue are used from the "Aladdin and the King of Thieves." which also associated with Walt Disney. They were also posted in the transcripts section in www. aladdincentral.org. I just had to use this dialogue to tie along with the idea and the title I have. All other characters are fictional.

The Prologue


There was peace and tranquility through out the night sky into the city of Agrabah. The silence was broken by a pack of palace guards running from the palace. They were yelling, screaming, and running after two men that were escaping on horseback. The two horsemen were running swiftly on top speeds. They past the city's gates and the palace guards stopped cursing at them. The escapees kept on going without looking back. They galloped over sand dunes. They stopped at the canyon that had the view of Agrabah’s palace in the background.
Aladdin looks around on his horse, " Did we lose 'em?"
Iago hangs off the side of Cassim's horse, " I don't know but I did lose my lunch back there."
Cassim informed, " They won't be able to pick up our trail until daylight. By then we'll be long gone form Agrabah." Aladdin looks back at the city of Agrabah and he was standing at a fork in the road. One side of the road is his future and go back to be with the love of his life and the other side of the road is to ride on with his father. Someone that can provide the answers to Aladdin’s forgotten past. He thought to himself," You don't know who you are. Until you fully understand where you come from." Cassim spoke again, " I'm sorry for what you lost. But you can't come back now, you know that." Aladdin came down from his horse without giving a second thought. " What are you doing?" exclaimed Cassim
" I'm not going with you. I can't" said Aladdin
" Well, you can't go back. The moment you show your face in Agrabah your life was over." reasoned Cassim.
" I have to go back. Jasmine is there."
Iago tried to help Aladdin realize that the consequences are severe, " Kid, it's over. You're a criminal now. If you go back they'll lock you up then you'll never be with your princess.
" Aladdin." Cassim interrupted, " We'll find a way to get you back into Agrabah's city limits. I promise." Aladdin got back onto his horse pulled on the reigns and galloped with his father.
Not very long, they returned to the lair of the Forty Thieves. Cassim’s remaining forty thieves were not happy. They surrounded Aladdin, Cassim, and Iago into a corner. Sa'luk came forward. They were shocked to see Sa’luk still alive.
Iago looked at the anger into the thieves faces, " I don't think the welcoming committee is happy to see us.."
Sa'luk approaching to Cassim grabbing his shirt, " All of us here voted on a new leader. You've been replaced by a better man."
Cassim sneered back, " What? Our votes don't count?" Sa'luk swung Cassim to the side to punch him. The oracle fell out of his coat. Cassim stood brave without an ounce of fear.
Sa’luk was about to cut him with his brass knuckles. He saw the oracle sparkle on to the ground. " Well, well look what we have here. The oracle. Thanks for the present. " He turned and ordered his men. " Tie the loving family together. We're going on a vacation."

Back in Agrabah, it has been an hour after Cassim's jailbreak. There was a large knock into the huge doors of the throne room. The Sultan was awake from his slumber to attend an emergency meeting downstairs. Jasmine curiously followed to know what's the commotion about. Rasoul bowed respectfully to the Sultan and Jasmine.
He looked at Jasmine with disappointment into his eyes. " The King of Thieves has escaped from the dungeon and Aladdin was his accomplice."
" What?! Please tell me that this isn't true. Rasoul, are you sure it's him? ." asked Jasmine.
" Yes, Princess. He posed as the King of Thieves until I ripped part of his cloak. Aladdin's face was revealed." he answered to her.
" Where are they now?" asked Sultan.
" They left Agrabah heading north."
Jasmine stood in shock. Her fiancée left town without telling her. Did he leave for good? Why he didn't say anything to her? No even a single word. The words rang ' They left Agrabah' went over and over through her head.
A decision was brought to the Sultan and he announced, " Gather ten of the royal guards and search for them. Look high and wide. Bring them back here. They can't be far. It's awfully late. They have to stop and rest somewhere."
" Father, what's going to happen to Aladdin?" asked Jasmine. Jasmine was afraid what's going to happen to her love if he's brought back or comes back.
" I'm so sorry, dearest. He's your fiancée and he's like a son to me. The law is the law and he broke it. Aladdin has to pay the consequences if he returns."
" I'm sorry, Princess Jasmine." said Rasoul. " The boy has obviously followed his father's footsteps. He's a criminal now. We have to follow the rules."
Jasmine took the news and wasn't sure how she would feel. It was looking at a disaster site of an explosion. Angry: That Aladdin left with no word or explanation of what he was going to do. Worry: for his life and the consequences that will be carried out if Aladdin is brought back or comes back. Shocked: that he left her after the promise that he wouldn't. Hope: Maybe he will return and things will work out for the better. Aladdin will fight for her. Sadness: Jasmine realized that the incident had already taken its place. Aladdin and her will never be together. Her fiancée had dug him into a deeper hole. How would a criminal and a princess live a life as one? There would be rumors and scandals. Jasmine would never bring shame into her family name. Even if the expense was her own. Suddenly there was denial: What if it was a joke or one of Genie's antics to prove how strong her love is to Aladdin. What if Aladdin is waiting for her at the old Hubble? The princess quickly called out for carpet and he appeared. " Carpet, take me to Aladdin's Hubble." she said as she hopped on board. Carpet flew out of the palace with her. Her heart was beating fast and the vision of him waiting there for Jasmine. She was happy and full of hope. Genie was there with Abu. They were both sound a sleep.
A familiar female voice called out from down below. " Aladdin!"
Genie pounced up all startled and Abu screamed in fright in Genie's reactions. " AH! AH! I don't know anything! You can't beat it out of me! I won't tell you anything!"
Jasmine stopped him from waking up the neighborhood. " Whoa! Genie! It's me."
"Jas! Why are you here so late?"
Jasmine found an empty Hubble and no sign of Aladdin. " I just thought that he would be here and that everything is one terrible nightmare. It's a practical joke right?
Genie? You love to kid around."
" Sorry, no joke. Princess. You know there was guards scouring all over place looking for Al? If they find Abu and I here then they'll interrogate and torture us. I've seen that dungeon room. There were so many gadgets and weapons to torture you. I rather run away than to go through that. "
Jasmine’s eyes widen and her mouth dropped. She thought that once Aladdin gets caught they are going to torture him to reveal where Cassim is and torture him again for helping a criminal escape.
" Okay, I will shut up now.” said Genie
" I'm sorry. He and his father breeze through this city like the wind." apologized Genie. He looked at Jasmine. She had a heartbreaking facial expression.
Jasmine had tears coming down her face, " How can Aladdin do this to me? How can he just leave?"
" Here." Genie handed her a handkerchief. " Al, did this out of love for his father. How can he tell you? Al felt responsible for bringing him here and he felt he had a duty to get him out. Al doesn't want you to get involved. He loves you. He'll find a way to contact you. If he doesn't I'll kick his butt to Timbuktu. mmm hmm." Genie snapped his fingers and moved his neck side to side like a soul sister. " Yeah girlfriend and believe me."
The next morning there were wanted posters plastered up all over town with a 100,000 dinare reward for each man. Some of the royal palace guards had return from their search for the two wanted men. They were nowhere to be found. Jasmine stood at the balcony looking at the desert beyond the city's walls. Thinking that Aladdin would return over that horizon. Sadira visited and found Jasmine looking out.
" I'm so sorry." said Sadira.
Jasmine sighed and looked out, " It's hard not to know what's going on with him. It worries me. Aladdin's out there and there's a million possibilities that anything could happen to him. What if he needs me and I can't be there? What if he’s hurt? Or if he’s held prisoner?" Her eyes were about to well up again.
" Aladdin's a smart guy. He has beaten every monster, disaster and evil incarnates. He' ll know what to do in a jam."
" If he loves then he'll find a way back here. But chances are slim that we will be together." Tears were coming down Jasmine's face.
" I think is the bad luck catching on."
" What? Bad luck? What do you mean?" asked Jasmine.
" I've been reading about wedding traditions that it's bad luck for the groom see his bride in her wedding dress. It's bad luck when ceremony is interrupted. It happened to you twice. "
" How do you know that we had a second ceremony?"
" Believe me Jasmine. Word travels fast from the palace to the streets. If this marriage were meant to be then the first ceremony would have been carried out its course. Maybe it wasn't meant to be."
Jasmine was appalled and shock to hear the words that came from her friend’s mouth. " Sadira! How can you say that? Aladdin left last night. The pain is still fresh. "
" I'm sorry. The facts are plain in sight. What can you believe?"
" My heart. Sadira. I truly believe that we're meant to be together. Why? I know so. You’re when you're in love when you see the lives of your children into their eyes. Or your whole future flashes in front of you being with them. Many suitors from all over the seven deserts came to court me. I try to imagine a future being with them and I see nothing. With Aladdin I see everything my children, us growing old together, the places we're going to see and the trials that we're going to go through."
" Please don't think that the reason I said all that because of my childish crush on your fiancée. I'm happy for the both of you. Really I am. I want Aladdin to be happy and he's happy being with you. He loves you."
Just before Jasmine said a word. The royal palace guard barged in, " Princess Jasmine! The sultan needs you in the throne room. They caught them."
Jasmine's heart jumped for joy.' He's back!' she thought. Jasmine and Sadira ran out of the room. " Maybe if I can talk to father to lighten the punishment and finally we can get this wedding into perspective." They went into the throne room and instead of finding her fiancé and his father. She found a circus. It seems the reward money was too high of a price. Instead of a manhunt it more became a treasure hunt. There were many look a likes of Aladdin and Cassim. But there was only one flaw that separated them from the real mcoy.
Genie was skimming through the crowd. " Al?" He tapped on one's shoulder. " No, you have blue eyes." He approached another. " Al? No, you're too ugly." He walked over to another. "Al?" There was an exact resemblance. " Monkey boy? What do you think?" Abu examined him and shook his head no. " Sorry man. You don't smell like him."
Jasmine saw the duplicate along with Sadira, " Aladdin?"
" Yes, your highness." the duplicated replied. It wasn't Aladdin because his voice was too deep.
" How can you tell? " Sadira smiled mischievously, " Can I keep one?" Jasmine glared at her. " What? You want one too? We can him have take Aladdin's place." Jasmine continued to glare. " I was just joking around. You know. Hardy har har."
The princess smiled and her spirits were enlightened only for a moment. " I don't know if my heart can take it anymore. I see him but it's not really him. Sadira, let's get out of here and get some air."
The sultan sat on his chair and the people who thought they had caught Aladdin and Cassim. They were demanding their reward money. It was getting overwhelming for the Sultan and Genie came to the rescue. " Sorry guys but the applicants for trying out for Aladdin and Cassim in the King of Thieves are not what we are looking for. " Genie turned into Faye Dunaway as a judge in the Starlet. " Don't call us. We'll call you."
The royal guards escorted all the men out of the palace. Sultan relaxed in relief, " Thank you. Genie for your help. This must have been hard for my daughter." The sultan looked for his daughter and she was out. " Where's Jasmine?"
Jasmine and Sadira were out in the marketplace. Sadira offered Jasmine a sweet treat. " Here have some. They say it boost your emotion into happiness."
" What is it? Asks Jasmine
" Chocolate. The vendor said it was from South America. It came from a Cacao tree."
" It is delicious." said Jasmine. She appreciated that Sadira helped to cheer her up but the sights of the marketplace reminded her of Aladdin. Jasmine sighed in sadness and looked out of the city," Where are you?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know what you think. Your reviews are greatly appreciated.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Keeping the Hand of Midas.

Chapter One - Keeping the Hand of Midas

Somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea, Aladdin, Cassim, and Iago were tied up against the mast of the boat. They can smell the sea air with the wind brushing against their faces. The boat rocked side to side. They were struggling to loosen the ropes.
" I can't believe you have the oracle." said Aladdin
" And leave Agrabah empty handed? What else can I do? " Replied Cassim.
" Sorry about interrupting a family quarrel. What are we going to do with this situation here?" squawked Iago.
" I don't know Iago. You should ask the King here." replied Aladdin.
Sa'luk interrupted the conversation, " I'm getting impatient Cassim. Ask the question."
" We must go further out to sea." replied Cassim.
Aladdin noticed one of the thieves, " Psst. Hey you come here." The thief ignored him
Cassim noticed the call made from his son, " Aladdin, what are you doing?"
" Doing what we street rats always does improvise." answered Aladdin. He called again.
The thief responded, " Shut your yap or I'll shut it for you."
" Do you think Sa'luk can be trusted once he has the treasure? How do you know that he'll betray you just like he betrayed Cassim?" The thief was about to raise his hand at Aladdin, thought about what Aladdin had said and stopped.
" How do I know that Cassim can't be trusted?"
" Has he ever betrayed you before?"
" Yes! He did! He revealed our secret location."
" How can he reveal the secret location? My father was with me the whole time." The word father brought a smile to Cassim's lips. " You were there when I beat Sa'luk to the challenge. How did he survive from that fall? Who else would reveal the secret location?" The thief had some light shedded onto him. Aladdin was right. Who else would reveal the secret location?"
" Stick with me and we'll be rich men. We'll be living like rich men and be kings." implied Cassim.
" Hey! What about my share huh? I'm not-" Iago's head was elbowed by Aladdin.
" Hear this." Cassim whispered into the thief's ear.
He agreed with Cassim and together they carried out a plan. Just like that, the news was spread like wildfire. The feeling of deception was much worse than the smell of fish in the sea.
" Ask it now! Cassim." ordered Sa'luk
Cassim asked his question to the Oracle. " Where can I find the hand of Midas?"
The Oracle appeared, " The Vanishing Isle will appear at dawn and I'll show you the way." A trail of light showed the way.
" There's your setting Captain." implied Cassim
Dawn had broke and the boat reached the light. The light was brighter than that morning sun and it glowed from miles to the end. " You have arrived."
" Where is it?" one thief commented
" I see nothing. Nothing but fog." another thief respond
Sa'luk raised his arm to strike, " I've had enough of your trickery!"
" No! This is it! The vanishing isle. Watch!"
The vanishing isle appeared on the back of the giant turtle. The giant palace stood tall in white marble, golden gargoyles and garden greenery. It's amazing architechury took everyone's breath away..
" You know Aladdin. Among all three wishes with the Genie you should've wished for that. It has a special treat inside. A rich treat!" commented Iago.
The men climbed on to the island. Without a warning, Cassim called out. " Now!" The thieves surrounded Sa'luk and ambushed him. Sa'luk was stronger and took out five me. He threw the five men like ragdolls. Aladdin separated from the group and climbed the highest column. Sa'luk grabbed Cassim and dragged him into the monument to retrieve the hand of Midas.
Aladdin spotted Sa'luk and jumped down knock him out of his feet " It took me years to find my father." Using both of his hands he hit Sa'luk knocking him out. " I'm not going to lose him again. The rest of the thieves gain consciousness and recieved orders from Cassim to get the boat ready. " C'mon Dad! Let's go get that treasure of yours."

Aladdin and Cassim found the hand of Midas. Sa'luk woke up and went after on Aladdin. Cassim threw the Hand of Midas to Sa'luk and Sa'luk grabbed the hand. He turned into gold. ( Authors note: If I wrote the whole thing, it would take forever to get to my point. You should read the transcript in the section in this website www.aladdincentral.org Or rent the movie " Aladdin and the King of Thieves". My point is that they actually get to keep the Hand of Midas. They live like Kings. Back to the story).

Aladdin and Cassim came out of the Isle and board onto the boat. Aladdin pulled out the Hand of Midas. " After all these years you finally have your treasure."
" No son. It's you. You are my treasure. Sorry I haven't realize it before. I owe it to you to get yours." Cassim turned to his men. " Guys, Our money troubles are over! We can finally can get back to the families we left behind and give them the life that they deserve."
Everybody cheered and clapped. The boat was set sail to Morocco. Just in a couple of months. They landed onto Morocco’s beach. The thieves gathered some rocks and other things they want to turn gold. They tore the boat into pieces and turn that into gold too. From there they parted their separate ways. Cassim assured his men that if they need more. They can always look for him in the neighboring city from Agra bah, Bastialan.
" Dad, why are we here in Morocco?" Aladdin wondered.
" Because it's has the finest casinos in the desert. We'll paint the town red! Wait! I mean gold!" said Iago
" Not yet bird! Aladdin, there's someone here that you should meet and she'll be living with us." answered Cassim.
" Why?" Aladdin asked
" Because I promised your mother."
Cassim and Aladdin went into a school for the talented and the gifted. There were people that had artistry talents, people with special disabilities, prodigies, and genius minds. The head of the household led them to a room that overlooked Morocco’s courtyard. Inside of the room there was a beautiful woman with wavy long black hair. Her olive skin glowed perfectly. She looked out of the window staring out and rocked her chair. The girl was the same age as Aladdin. She felt a presence into the room.
" Who's there?"
" It's me Alexandria. Uncle Cassim."
She jumped up into excitement. " Uncle! You've come for me! I knew it! Mena read to me your letters to me." She walked towards Cassim and greeted him with a hug and a kiss.
Aladdin noticed the color of her eyes and her pupils were white. She's blind.
" This person right next to me is your cousin. Aladdin and this little one here is Iago."
Alexandria smiled and Cassim guided her to Aladdin. "Finally! I have family! I'm Alexandria. I'm your mother's niece. Please call me Lexie."
Aladdin returned the hug, " I'm happy that I have relatives too."
Lexie took a step back and examined Aladdin, " He looks like you uncle. He has a heart too. I can tell that there's greatness in you."
Aladdin was surprised that she picked that up. He was confused.
" Aren't you blind?" asked Iago
Lexie smiled, " I maybe blind but my psychic abilities make me see."
" Let me sign some papers for your release Lexie. We'll be on our way." said Cassim
Aladdin and Lexie were left alone for a while. Lexie walked to her closet and packed her belongings. He was amazed that Lexie looked like his mother. She looked exactly like her before his mother passed on. " You look like my mother." he commented.
" Yeah, I get that all the time. Your mother and my mother are identical twins. Both of them have that telepathy with one another. Uncle Cassim promised my mother to take care of me when she passed on. When she did, I was already admitted at this school. Every so often, Uncle sends me money and gifts whenever he can. He said in his letters once he got his treasure he would come get me. And.. Here he is!"
" So, Lexie what's in my future?" asked Iago changing the subject
Lexie winked at Aladdin and answered Iago. She pretended to have a vision and dramatically acted upon it, " If you don't change your ways Iago then death shall be upon you in gold."
" What? Death? " squawked Iago
Aladdin laughed and pretended to play along with Lexie's joke, " She means that your small brain of yours will lead you to touch the hand of Midas by accident." Iago screamed and hid under the pillow. Lexie and Aladdin laughed hysterical,
" Very funny guys. It all fun and games until it actually happens." said Iago
" I thought my dad thinks nothing for himself. I was proven wrong when I met you."
" Uncle Cassim writes and sends money whenever he can. He promised me. Once, he got his treasure. He'll come for me. Oh! I can't wait to go on his adventures." She tried to brush her soft wavy hair and her locks were still out of place. " Wild hair runs in the family you know. I'm surprised that you don't have that trait. Hmm maybe it skips a generation."
Aladdin smiled and laughed, " I tried not to let my hair control me."
" Sit right next to me." She patted a section on her bed. Aladdin obeyed. " Give me you hands." Aladdin gave her his hands. Lexie closed her eyes and searched through Aladdin's warmth and energy. " So many people depend and look up to you. You risk everything to save your father. Your fiancé she's beautiful and a princess. I can see her. She's upset that you left. She misses you."
Aladdin responded, " I miss her too."
" I see so many people getting hurt because you're not there. You need to go back Aladdin. Save them. Same them all."
" How can I do that? Lexie. I'm a wanted criminal."
Lexie pulled her hands away from Aladdin and she smiled, " It's going to be fun! I want to play too."
Cassim entered the room, " You guys ready to go?"

Just before they left the school. Cassim left a huge donation for the school. The head of the house almost had a heart attack. " We've been blessed! Thank you! Now we can buy books and equipment!" Everybody smiled so happily. They gather up a caravan with supplies, food, water and equipment. They were heading to Bastailan a neighboring city from Agrabah. Even though they are criminals in Agrabah doesn't mean that they’re criminals in Bastailan. The Hand of Midas made them live like Kings. They had a large mansion, they wore the finest robes and every luxury that would fit for a King. Iago made a tub full of rice and turned that into gold. He was swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck. Yeah, Aladdin had everything he wanted but it didn't seem complete without Jasmine. In his room, Aladdin sat on his lazy Susan and looked out of his window staring at the stars. Cassim peered through his son's door.
He sighed, " I didn't ask him to risk his life away for me. He should have been married by now. I want to do something for him. But how?"
A voice called from behind, " Redemption."
" Alexandria, how's that possible?"
" I have an idea. With my psychic abilities, your inventions, and his physical attributes in fast legs with your smarts. I think that we could make a great team. Think about the good that we'll be putting into Agrabah. Giving money to the poor. Saving the innocent. We'll be heroes."
" Will Aladdin agree to do this?"
" Oh yes. I can sense it into my cousin. He craves for adventure."
That evening they had dinner and discuss Lexie's idea for getting Aladdin back into Agrabah.
" Gee, Kid. It seems that you and this heroic stuff are always stuck to each other. For me I had enough of evil and injustice in a lifetime.” commented Iago.
" That's fine. You can stay here if you want." said Lexie
" Son, Are you sure about this?" said Cassim.
Aladdin nodded his head yes." A promise is a promise."
" Let's make a toast." All three raised their wine glasses and toast. " For redemption, for Aladdin getting back the woman he loves and for Lexie having her first adventure."
" Here! Here!" Everyone said and their glasses clinked together.
And so the Midnight Vigilante is born.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know what you think. Your reviews are greatly appreciated.

Back to index


Chapter 3: The beginning of the Midnight Vigilante

Chapter Two- The beginning of the Midnight Vigilante

In a couple of weeks an old man from the Orient appeared at the doorstep into wee hours in the morning. He was wearing a blue kimono with black pants, his long white hair was in a bun, and his white beard hung on his chin. The old man stood with a strong poise and he had a medium built body structure. One of the servants opened the door and let him in.
Cassim was up to meet with him. " I'm glad that you agreed to take up on my offer. Mr.Yamymogo. I heard that you're the best."
" You said that you’d make worth my while." Cassim gave the pouch full of gold coins to Mr. Yamymogo. The old man examined the pieces, " The money has no mark."
" But it's real gold. I guarantee you that." replied Cassim
The old man chewed the coin, " Yep, it's the real deal. Where's my student?"
Cassim smiled deviously, " A sleep."
Cassim led Mr. Yamymogo to his son's quarters. Aladdin was fast asleep and dreaming away about his Jasmine. The old man from the Orient pulled a symbol from his bag and clanged it loudly. Aladdin sprung up from his slumber wide eyed, and alert, " AHHHH! What? Huh? It's early!"
" Son this is your trainer. Mr. Yamymogo." said Cassim
Lexie woke up wondering what's the noise is all about.
Aladdin pulled the covers over him to go back to sleep, " What's the difference? I've fought before."
" Yeah, you had help with you. You're a one man show." said Lexie
Everyone looked at Lexie questionably, " I know. I see things in the psyche remember." Suddenly she closed her robe. " Sir! Do you mind? I can read minds too."
Aladdin got dressed by the uniform was given by his sensei. He met Mr. Yamymogo for his first day of training.
The old man stood across from him in a battling stance and he motioned for Aladdin to come at him. " Show me what you got."
" Uh, I don't know. I might hurt you and-"
In an instant his sensei came charging at him. He swung at Aladdin with each arm. Aladdin ducked and dodged each punch fired. He had to do something to push back his sensei. Aladdin retaliated. He made a wrong move and the atmosphere was swirling in colors of blue, yellow, brown, and green. He found himself face down on the floor. Iago was watching from the window and was laughing hysterically. Mr. Yamymogo stood over him. " Never under estimate old age for weakness. You'll be surprised how wise we are." He helped him up. " You're too open. Your enemy might find a possible spot to take you out. Watch their body position and predict possible moves they will throw at you. Here follow me. Block every time I come at you." Mr. Yamymogo threw punches at him and Aladdin followed by blocking it." Switch positions." His moves sped up faster and faster. Aladdin's eyes got wider and was afraid that he going to get hit. Suddenly a punch went across his face. His head jerk to the side and holding his face in pain. " Again. You're too open." Iago laughed again. Mr. Yamymogo threw at rock at Iago and knocked him off his perch. He smiled and laughed husky, " I killed two birds with one stone."

Every morning Aladdin would get up and do exercises with Mr. Yamymogo. It was a form of a martial art mixed in with Yoga. This helped Aladdin to improve his agility, fighting skills and learning how to focus. His sensei taught him lessons in the elements of martial art.

Endurance: A note was left on Aladdin's bedside. It was instructions to meet Mr. Yamymogo. It was about an hour on horseback. When he had arrived, Aladdin found an old temple on top of a hill. There was a bunch of steps leading up to it. His sensei was already up top.
" Come on up! By the way can you carry these pails of water up for me?'' Aladdin noticed there were two pails of water on the bottom of the stairs that was connected on a pole. He looked at the objects and looked at the stairs. He groaned at the challenge. Aladdin picked up the two pails and carried upon his shoulders. It was like lifting dumbbells. " I'm going to time you. Your father says you're fast. I just want to see if he's bluffing." yelled Mr. Yamymogo from up above. Aladdin quickly climbed up the stairs within tenth step. He slipped and fell spilling the water all over the place. Mr. Yamymogo watched as Aladdin came tumbling down. " Ugh! That looks painful."


Balance: They were back at the compound in the garden. Mr. Yamymogo had Aladdin balanced small cups of green tea on his shoulders and head. The old man walked to the gazebo and sat down. " Serve me my tea without spilling a drop."
" Sensei. What's this exercise for?" Aladdin asked.
" Because! You're clumsy like a chicken! You need to be light on your feet and be graceful."
" It kind of burns."
" Good! You should learn to take pain without showing that you're hurt. Hurry! I need to take my medicine."
A large boom shook the compound. It scared the living daylights out Aladdin. He lost his balance the teacups got disarranged. Aladdin tried to gain control of them. The teacups spilled all over him and on the floor. Running around the garden, fanning his uniform and holding the pain within. His sensei laughed, " You funny! You make me laughed! Your face! It's a classic." Suddenly a change of face and mood, " Make me more tea! and do it again."

Aladdin gathered the cups and went inside to brew another. He stopped by Cassim's workshop. " Dad? Are you okay?" The room was filled with smoke. Cassim was coughing. Sudden an arrow fired at Aladdin and he moved to the side. " Wow. This stuff is neat." He picked up a small baton and pushed a button. It extended to a beu. " What happened?"
Cassim picked up small round objects about the size of marbles. " One accidentally exploded. How's the training?"
" Intense. But if this is what it takes for me to get back home and to Jasmine. I'll go through anything."
" One of my men told me about him. We've gave Mr. Yamymogo a second chance in life."
" Why?" asked Aladdin.
" His closest student and him fought in a war back in the Orient. His student was sent on a mission and he never came back."
" Why is he so close to him?"
" Because Aladdin. It's his son. When his son passed on. He was left with nothing. Your sensei says that you remind him of his son: clumsy, full of confidence, strong, fast runner and smart. So please respect him and cut him some slack."
" Yes dad." answered Aladdin as he left the room and continued with his training.

Mind over matter: Aladdin was doing his morning exercise with his sensei. They were moving in the same way in a peaceful manner. Being in tuned with the environment and the tranquility. Focusing the strength on each arm.
Mr. Yamymogo let out a loud yell, " HIIIIYAAA!" He was throwing out martial arts moves. Aladdin fought back and blocked. " Aladdin! Don't be too open! Don't let your opponent find a spot to hit you." Aladdin threw a high kick and hit his sensei. " Ow! My nose! You broke old man's nose." Mr. Yamymogo held his nose.
" Sensei! Are you okay?" asked Aladdin as he offered his hand. Mr. Yamymogo took his hand and flipped Aladdin. He was on the floor. Again
His sensei hovered over him. " Don't be such a nice guy anymore." He smiled as he picked a solid wooden board. " Here. Hold this." Aladdin held the wooden board and his sensei broke it with his bare hands. Mr. Yamymogo held another wooden board. " I believe your ready. Break this."
Aladdin examined the board, " There's a trick to this right? Like a weak middle or a hole somewhere?"
" No trick! Just break it!"
Aladdin threw a punch and hit it hard. He didn't break it through and his hand was throbbing.
" Do it again until the wooden board breaks. It's mind over matter. Don't lose concentration. Own the board! Think the board as paper."
Later in the afternoon, Aladdin came into the kitchen asking for ice from one of the servants.
( Yeah, ice from the mountains that are delivered in the cold night so it won't melt in the day. Delivered in horse drawn carts. Distributed in iceboxes to keep meat cold and lasts for days.) Lexie came in for a snack and saw his bruised hands. " They look swollen."
" I broke one today. After fifty tries on each hand." said Aladdin. The servant brought ice from the icebox. He placed his hands on them. Aladdin sighed in relief.

Knowing your surroundings: Mr. Yamymogo had tall logs set up about a foot apart. They were seven lined up across. " You must go across them without losing your balance and knowing when to dodge when your enemy comes at you. Cassim, Lexie, and me will throw pebbles at you. Here." The sensei offers Aladdin his beu. " Protect yourself with this. Remember. Don't fall." Aladdin remembers about his lesson about balance and gracefulness. He went across. Cassim and Lexie were throwing rocks. Iago decided to join in by yelling at Aladdin in which direction to swing. " Swing left! Swing right! Swing ahead of you!" Aladdin focus and diminished all distractions.
He flipped across and doing tricks with his beu. Aladdin was doing good. A little too good.
By the way of Aladdin's actions. Mr. Yamymogo thinks that he is showing off. He grabbed a bucket of water and threw it at him. Aladdin stood on the log soaking wet.
" You're fighting as a warrior not a clown in a circus. Be humble in what you do."
As weeks went on Mr. Yamymogo taught Aladdin the use of weapons. Whip, sword, beu, and archery for aiming. Soon enough, an obstacle course was set for Aladdin to go through. It had a combination of agility, endurance, speed, balance, knowing your surrounding, and gracefulness. " Ready, set, and go!" cried Mr. Yamymogo. Quickly like the wind. Aladdin dodged jumped, fought, ducked, and finished with time to spare. His sensei looked at him with impressiveness and approval. He joked, " Show Off!" He knuckled sandwich Aladdin's head. Aladdin play fought with him. His sensei laughed as he blocked his students playful punches. " You think you think you can master my art huh? " Mr. Yamymogo spoke in his thick accent.
" I learned from the best." Aladdin smirked.
" Here, I have something for your journey for redemption." Mr. Yamymogo gave Aladdin a tiny statue of a tiger. Aladdin smiled because it looked like Rajah. " A cat that hides, stalks his victims and attacks with a powerful blow. When you're out there. You're a phantom tiger that prowls in the night. Leaving fear into your victims eyes. Knowing that they will never do injustice again. Then you'll leave without a trace that can't be seen. You are ready. My friend."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please let me know what you think. Your reviews are greatly appreciated.

Back to index


Chapter 4: Testing Lexie's Abilities

Back to index


Chapter 5: A New Phenomenon

Back to index


Chapter 6: Chasing after A Myth

Back to index


Chapter 7: Only you..

Back to index


Chapter 8: The Escape

Back to index


Chapter 9: A Decision was made

Back to index


Chapter 10: A premonition foretold.

Back to index


Chapter 11: I Work Alone!!!

Back to index


Chapter 12: Haleel

Back to index


Chapter 13: Hands to Heaven

Back to index


Chapter 14: The Art of Confusion

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=540