Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
He first came to her when she was fourteen, sneaking in her room like a shadow. They didn't do anything, just talked; he asked about her parents and she gave him vague answers, not knowing if the man was an enemy or an ally. He'd smile at her answers, dark eyes glinting–as the sun would begin its ascension in the sky he would give her a promise to return when the shadows ruled. For the longest time she had a silly notion he was a vampire, but that was quickly disproved when she saw him in the market place just days later, holding a pear and giving her a smirk.
At sixteen he seemed to change; his demeanor anyway, he never seemed to age even while she had grown into a woman. His eyes were darker, holding a hunger in them that made her frightened. But she never told him that, didn't want to lose her only real friend. His touches tended to linger longer than was appropriate and he would sit close enough that she could feel the heat radiating off his body; another sure sign that he wasn't one of those fanged beasts her father was warring against. He'd taken her first kiss; gentler than she had ever imagined and it sent sparks shooting through her entire being. He reminded her of an old villain her parents used to tell her about–ruler of a distant land that not even the slightest ray of sun could reach, a place where the dead were free to walk. The villain, Mozenrath, was a dark sorcerer, capable of many terrifying things beyond her imagination.
She was engaged at eighteen, to a man her parents had approved of but she'd only met on one occasion. Apparently they'd been planning this since she'd turned nine. Her friend didn't approve, stating that only uncaring fools would marry off their daughter to someone she couldn't even remember. He'd done the same to his daughter, though, and held no guilt about it. His visits became more and more frequent and he would stay longer, disappearing only when her dress maid knocked at her door with breakfast.
The night before her wedding he crept in with only one thing on his mind. He wouldn't let that other man have her, not when he'd worked so hard to gain her trust in the first place. He looks down on her sleeping form, taking in the wild, untamable blonde hair she'd gotten from her grandmother and the small nose and full lips of her father. They were night and day; she so innocent and pure, he evil and corrupted–never aging. What's so wrong with him destroying just one more thing of Aladdin's?
Her dark eyes slowly opened, lips parting in question; before she could voice anything, he swooped down and claimed her lips in a bruising kiss. He would be her first and he would take her as many times as was possible in their limited timeframe, then he would disappear back to his lands, waiting for the girl's daughter to turn fourteen. Mozenrath was born to corrupt and he intended to enjoy every minute of his unlimited lifetime preying on Aladdin's family, starting with his only child, his baby.