Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Together Forever by Sindie
[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: All Aladdin characters are property of Disney and were used without permission, but they were used with love and respect. Anna, Troy, and Clara are all my creations, and I own the rights and priviliges to using them. Please do not use any of my characters without my permission.

This story was completed between Nov. 1998 and Jan. 1999 by Sindie.
~Together Forever~

I bring to you a story of life and death, fear and courage, melancholia and ecstacy, and truth. To all out there whose souls let them believe...

The human mind
Is a thin glass membrane,
Hollow inside
And shatters easily.

The human spirit
Is a solid glass sphere,
Whole inside
And unbreakable.

Chapter One


"I now pronounce you man and wife," said Sultan.
The two young lovers kissed and were married. Married...wow, it's hard to believe. Three years had gone by since they first met. Whoever would have thought it could have turned out this way for him. Born and raised in poverty, living on the streets, stealing to prevent starvation for seventeen years, and alone for that matter...until he met her.
She was born and raised in riches. Her life seemed so opposite of his. She had her loving father, a warm bed, and meals every day, but what a strange paradox life held for them, because she, too, was alone.
They were so fortunate to have each other. Together forever. But that was their life, not mine. As I looked on upon the joyous celebration, I knew I did not belong in their world. With nothing to prevent me from doing otherwise, I decided to leave.
"Goodbye, Aladdin," I said.
"Goodbye? Where are you going?"
"I'm not sure. I think I'll go with your father when he leaves."
"But why?" he questioned.
"Please," I whispered, "trust me, it's better this way. Tell Jasmine 'goodbye' for me, and good luck with your marriage."
"What? That's all you have to say? After all we've been through the last couple of years, you're just going to walk out on me? I don't understand..."
"Aladdin, please don't keep me here. You know very well who and how I am. If you delay my departure, I will only become angry. You know my temper is short."
"Very well," he replied, with a dissatisfied look on his face.
What could he possibly understand about my life, my inner self? I had hidden my true feelings away from my friends. I couldn't tell them. Not now. That is exactly why I had to leave.
I was on my way out when Abu, Aladdin's monkey, stopped me. He looked at me through his huge, innocent eyes, and although he couldn't talk, I know he knew something was happening. He always seemed an annoyance, because he got in the way when I usually wanted to be left alone. For some reason, though, I accepted him. Like with all my friends, though, I acted somewhat indifferent to their presence. It's not that I didn't care; it's just in my nature to act as though I don't care about them. I am not pleased with such a trait, but that is part of who I am. Anyway, this time it was different. I almost felt like crying...
"I'm leaving here," I replied, somewhat choking on my words. "I already said goodbye to Al. Well, goodbye."
He burst into thousands of tears and hugged me tightly. I know he was saying, "Don't go."
"Hey, it's okay. I'll be back. Don't worry."
I couldn't hold it in any longer. I, too, cried.
I eventually was out of the palace. I spotted Cassim, Aladdin's dad, standing behind the crowd.
"So, have you come to say 'goodbye', you little turkey?" he asked me.
"No, I already said my 'goodbyes'. Of course, the monkey had to cry, and that got me going..."
"You mean, you're not going to live in the palace?"
I didn't want to sound sad, so I merely made up an excuse and said, "With the newly-weds?! It'll be all lovy-dovy! I'd just as soon keep my will to live."
"Well," he began, "I don't know where I'm going, but you're welcome to come along for the ride."
"You're a good guy, Cassim."
He mounted his horse, and together we rode off into the desert.
"Where should we go?"
"It's up to you. Do you want to search for treasure?"
"As much as I like gold, I don't think so. I've been doing some thinking. Ever since Aladdin found you after twenty years, I have wanted to find my family. I never knew my dad, and I barely remember my mom. I was taken from my home when I was very young, and I haven't seen her since. I want to find her."
"Where?"
"Go south of here until you come to the rainforest. I know she is there."