Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
A Friend in Need by Michelle Bowen
[Reviews - 1] Printer

- Text Size +
A Friend In Need

by Michelle Bowen


The three friends were walking along through Agrabah laughing and enjoying each others company. Yesenia and her sister had been friends with Merkal for seven years and still they never grew tired of being with him. "Merkal what do you think about everything that has happened lately?" Yesenia asked her friend, Agrabah had been rather busy lately lots of new and different things had been happening. Jasmine and Aladdin had just become parents and since then many people of high stature had been coming in to see the new prince and princess Jasmine had given birth to twins. "I think business has been great lately and the city has been blessed with two heirs" Merkal said while walking along, suddenly they heard some commotion and the crowd parted a young man on a horse came through it was obvious that he was a prince but she didn't know who it was had she ever seen him before Yesenia knew she had but couldn't figure out who it was until someone whispered to her "that's Achmed he came when Jasmine was sixteen but she turned him down in fact I believe he lost a good pair of pants for offending her" the man next to her chuckled she also laughed at the statement. "So Prince Achmed has returned" Merkal said flatly he didn't like this guy and had no respect for him either. "You know him?" Crystal asked while smirking at the all to proud looking prince. "Yes unfortunately I have met him once well not really met he came parading in and almost whipped two children if Aladdin hadn't interfered he would have hurt the two easily, he is a coward in my eyes" Merkal said turning away from the direction the prince was, Yesenia and Crystal turned and followed him. "Okay let's see what Dad is up to" Crystal said taking the two by the wrist and walking in the direction of the market. As the three approached a stand where fruit was being sold a man looked up and smiled "So what have you three been up to" Abdul asked them smiling at his daughters and Merkal. "Not much mostly talking and we saw Prince Achmed enter the city" Yesenia said with a wry look on her face. "Oh Achmed is back" Abdul said agreeing with his daughter by making the same face, "Dad who is Achmed I don't remember him" Crystal asked her father she had heard Merkal's brief comment about the prince but she wanted to know more than just one side of the story on him. "He came when you were just thirteen and you weren't in the market place at the time he entered so that is why you've never seen him or heard about him I am sure what Merkal told you is right because everyone knows that Achmed is just a stuck up young man whom thinks of no one but himself" Abdul said to his youngest, "Oh that kind" Crystal said scrunching her face in disgust. The rest of the day was spent in relaxing and talking, around nightfall Merkal's mother came out "Merkal I have just found out that your cousin Fazaal is coming he should be here tomorrow morning sometime" she smiled at the girls and her son and then turned and left. "Who is Fazaal?" Yesenia asked her best friend, "He is my cousin and can be quiet mischievous" Merkal said remembering some of the times his cousin had come. "Well hopefully he won't get into to much trouble" Crystal said "How old is he?" "He is 14 years old a little younger than you" Merkal said smiling. "So what does he do where is he from" Crystal asked she had the same curiosity as Yesenia except it was more about knowing and understanding someone not seeing something and wondering what it was. "Well he loves to have fun he tends to go a bit over board at times, he is funny, he took over my stand for a time while I was hurt" Merkal said. "He sounds like a nice guy" Crystal commented, "Yes he does" Yesenia agreed. The three of them said goodnight after a little while and Yesenia and Crystal turned and left.

The next morning Merkal was up with the sun and was preparing breakfast when Yesenia and Crystal walked through the door. "Salaam my friends, are you hungry?" he asked them looking up from what he was cooking, "No thanks I ate before I left" Yesenia said smiling at him. "I ate too but that looks great" Crystal commented, "would you like some" Merkal asked "Yes" Crystal said while sitting down. Aadab entered the room after a few minutes, just as Merkal brought breakfast to the table "Here you go Crystal and here you go Mom" he said handing them their breakfast and then sitting down. "So when will Fazaal be here?" Yesenia asked as the three ate, Merkal swallowed "Soon about an hour or so." Crystal finished first since she only had a little she got up and took her plate to the sink. "Someone is coming," she said while looking out the window. "Do you know who it is?" Merkal asked her no he looks about my age but I don't know him, Merkal and Aadab got up with Yesenia trailing after them they all looked to see who it was. "Fazaal, he is rather early" Aadab said smiling, she turned and walked out to meet her nephew. "Hello Aunt Aadab" the young man said smiling and hugging his aunt, "So where is Merkal?" he asked looking around. "I am right here" Merkal said walking out to meet his cousin, Yesenia and Crystal walked out behind him and waited to be introduced. "How have you been?" Fazaal asked his cousin, "Great business has been great these past two years" Merkal said smiling at his cousin. Fazaal looked over towards Yesenia and Crystal, he smiled at Crystal "so are you going to introduce me to this lovely lady" Fazaal asked only to receive a slightly confused look from Crystal. Merkal shook his head at his cousin he was always trying to charm the girls "This is Crystal and her sister Yesenia." Yesenia smiled and tried not to laugh at the face her sister was making "Pleased to meet you Fazaal we have heard much about you" Yesenia said shaking his hand, "What have you heard" he said looking from Yesenia to Merkal, "only good things" Yesenia said. Crystal's facial expression turned to normal and she nodded her head in agreement with her sister, "So do you always address everyone like that?" she asked Fazaal. "Just you" Fazaal stated quickly smiling at Crystal as she blushed, "your sure" Crystal asked him. "Okay you got me, I do that a lot but I mean it when I say it" Fazaal said continuing to smile. "Well thank you" Crystal again blushed and smiled at him, "your welcome" Fazaal said while picking up his horses reigns. Merkal, Yesenia, and Aadab followed the two and managed to keep from laughing.

That night Yesenia and Crystal ate dinner with Merkal, Aadab, and Fazaal, Crystal sat across from Fazaal and next to Yesenia, who was across from Merkal and his mother was at the head of the table. "So I got my horse at the market in Getzistan, so I could come see you both" Fazaal said looking at Merkal and Aadab, "who knew I would meet Crystal and Yesenia" he said quickly smiling at Crystal she was so beautiful he couldn't take his eyes off of her but knew he had to. Crystal felt her stomach become quite fluttery like there were butterflies in it every time he looked at her. Yesenia smiled at her sister and Fazaal she knew what Crystal was thinking by the look on her face, she could tell that Crystal was totally nervous. Merkal also saw what the expression and quickly nudged his cousin with his foot and gave him a look that said stop it your making her nervous. Fazaal quickly stopped looking at Crystal and tried to act as normal as possible. That night as Crystal and Yesenia went to leave Fazaal spoke up "Merkal don't you think we should walk them home it is dark" he said hopeful, "If its okay with them then sure, Yesenia and Crystal are you both okay with this" Merkal asked he knew his cousin was going over board in his actions. "I guess so its okay with me" Yesenia said with no real disliking of the idea, Crystal shifted slightly on her feet "Okay I guess," she says slowly looking around at the group making her eyes quickly dart away from Fazaal who was again staring at her.

As they walked Fazaal and Crystal walked next to each other and Yesenia and Merkal were in front of them talking, Crystal and Fazaal walked in silence for a few minutes then Fazaal spoke "Am I making you uncomfortable Crystal?" he asked cautiously, "A little but its not really your fault its just that well I don't know its to new to explain" she said in exasperation. The two began to lag behind Yesenia and Merkal, "Well I am sorry if I do that I can't help it you just so beautiful and well its hard to not look at you" Fazaal said looking at Crystal who blushed immediately "thank you I think your handsome" she said it was Fazaal's turn to blush. After a few minutes they arrive at Crystal and Yesenia's home and Merkal took Yesenia's hand and bent his head slightly, and kissed her hand "Sleep well" Merkal said to Yesenia and walked away. Fazaal took Crystal's hand and quickly kissed her hand rather shyly Crystal turned beet red "Sweet dreams" Fazaal said walking towards Merkal, the two walked off into the darkness.

The next morning there was a knock on the door of the girls house, Yesenia walked over to the door and answered it. "Hello Merkal and Fazaal, Crystal we have visitors, come on in" Yesenia said opening the door wider. The two walked in, once in the house they waited a minute or two for Crystal to come. "Hi everyone" Crystal said as everyone turned to look at her, "So what are we going to do today" she asked them. "I am going to introduce Fazaal to Sadira" Merkal said, "I remember her she is really nice" Yesenia said remembering having seen here at Aladdin's and Jasmine's wedding. "Hey I don't know her and you never introduced us" Crystal exclaimed, "Oh we didn't are you sure" Yesenia asked her sister. "Positive" Crystal said standing next to Fazaal, both seemed a bit more comfortable than the night before, Fazaal smiled at her "Well we can meet her together" Crystal smiled back at him. "Well let's go find her" Merkal said giving the two a sideways glance while grinning, as the night before Yesenia and Merkal walked ahead talking to each other. Suddenly a girl walked by them and Merkal and Yesenia turned "Sadira we want to introduce you to someone" Sadira turned around "Hi Merkal, Hi Yesenia its been about a month since I have seen you two" she said smiling brightly at them. "We would like you to meet Yesenia's sister and my cousin, Crystal and Fazaal"Merkal said motioning towards the two. "Hi Sadira I am happy we have finally met" Crystal said smiling, "Nice to meet you to Crystal" she smiled at her. "Hello Sadira" Fazaal said stretching his hand towards hers they shook hands, "So where are you from?" Sadira asked him "Getzistan" he said then turned his attention back to Crystal. The five friends start to walk down the street, then suddenly from behind them Yesenia and Merkal heard laughter and screams they turned quickly as Sadira and Crystal ran from Fazaal dy guards pulled him out of the water. "I did not" Crystal said angrily to Achmed, "I don't believe you" Achmed said, suddenly Fazaal and Sadira were at her side. "What happened" Fazaal asked looking from an offended prince to Crystal who looked ready to rip Achmed's face off. "I accidentally bumped into him he fell into the water and thinks I did it on purpose, but I didn't" she said looking from Fazaal to Achmed. "Prince...what is your name anyway?" Fazaal asked him, "I am Prince Achmed," he stated flatly, "I know that Crystal didn't mean to do that to you, I think you owe her an apology" Fazaal said glaring at Achmed. "I don't apologize to stupid peasants" Achmed said, "Maybe you should learn how to" Fazaal said glaring at him, "and for your information oh mighty Achmed she isn't stupid, unlike you" Fazaal stated to Achmed. Achmed's eyes narrowed "don't call me stupid you do realize I am a prince you can't talk to me that way" he said with arrogance. "Oh is the little prince offended" Fazaal mocked, Crystal tugged his arm as she saw the body guards lifting their swords and looking at Fazaal unhappily. "What is it Crystal" he asked turning away from Achmed, "Their getting ready to kill you I think anyway" she said taking his arm, "Lets go now the stupid Prince can be offended all he wants" Crystal said pulling his arm while smirking at Achmed. Suddenly the body guards jumped at them, the three friends turned and ran, Sadira slowed down after a few minutes with out telling the others. She lifted her hands and Sand surrounded the two guards. She turned around and the others were out of sight, "where did they go now?" she walked a little ways and suddenly the earth began to shake, Sadira screamed as she fell to the ground after a minute it stopped and she got back up and walked looking for them.

At the same time as Sadira was imprisoning the two guards, Fazaal and Crystal walked into a cave. "Where did she go?" Crystal asked looking around, just then the earth shook and there was a crumbling sound. Crystal and Fazaal were screaming but couldn't be heard above the noise, after a few minutes the earth quieted and the two found themselves trapped. "What are we going to do" Crystal asked turning to Fazaal who looked equally as scared, he quickly covered up the fear. "I don't know but someone will find us soon just stay calm" he said squeezing her hand gently, I don't like this at all he thought to himself. "Everything will be fine Crystal don't worry" Fazaal said he knew that he was worrying but he didn't want her to freak out or anything. "I know, Yesenia and Merkal will be here soon" Crystal said giving Fazaal a tiny smile she knew he was trying to be brave. "Okay in the meantime we could try to find a way out" Crystal offered, "sounds like a plan to me" Fazaal said smiling at her the two of them walked hand in hand towards the back of the cave.

Sadira walked around the city looking for the two but bumped into a very worried look Yesenia and Merkal "Sadira where are Crystal and Fazaal?" Yesenia asked walking up to the exhausted woman, "I don't know we had a run in with Prince Achmed they chased us and then I stopped them I turned around and they were gone, then the earth shook and I haven't been able to find them since" Sadira said throwing her arms into the air in exasperation. "Where were you last when you saw them take us there and then we will go from there calm down Yesenia we will find them" Merkal said taking her hand lets go. Sadira led them to where the three had parted ways "this is it" Sadira said, the three began calling for Crystal and Fazaal. After a few minutes they came to a cave it was blocked by rocks, when they called their names the three didn't hear any response. They turned and walked on, "I hope they are okay and aren't in that cave something just tells me they are" Yesenia said worriedly. "We heard no voices" Merkal and Sadira said trying to calm her. "Lets try again please." Merkal and the girls headed back to the cave "Crystal, Fazaal are you there, are you in there" Yesenia and the others hollered as loudly as possible, suddenly they heard a small set of voices they were very muffled "We're in here hurry up and get us out" the two said together.

The three friends began to work at removing the rocks a couple of the villagers joined in. Meanwhile inside the cave Crystal was pacing back and forth and was starting to drive Fazaal crazy, "would you stop that they are unburying us now" he stated, he could tell they were getting closer because the voices were getting louder. Fazaal reached over and grabbed Crystal's elbow to stop her from pacing, Crystal for one moment thought of pulling away but didn't she backed up a little so that she could see Fazaal's face. Suddenly without warning and not really knowing what they were doing they moved towards each other and kissed each other on the cheek then moving over a little they kissed each other on the lips. The feelings that flooded through Crystal and Fazaal were unlike any other feelings felt by the two before it was pure magic.

As the last rock was moved Yesenia walked into the cave with Merkal right behind her. Yesenia had a shocked look on her face then smiled at Merkal who was also watching the two kissing "They are so cute together aren't they" Yesenia said, Merkal nodded in agreement. Crystal and Fazaal looked over at the same time and saw them standing there watching them "um I guess we have an audience" Fazaal said he was beet red as was Crystal. "Oh don't let us bother you any" Merkal said winking at the two, "it took long enough" Yesenia added smiling at her sister. "Lets get out of here" Crystal said taking Fazaal's hand and motioning for her sister and Merkal to follow them. Yesenia took Merkal's hand and followed her sister "Okay tell us exactly what happened" Yesenia said turning to her sister. "Well dad was right about Achmed I really don't like him" Crystal said wrinkling her nose in disgust, "We were running around playing tag and he was walking down the road, Crystal accidentally knocked him off of his horse and in to a horse trough full of water" Fazaal said. "He thought she did it on purpose she tried to tell him she didn't but he wouldn't believe her" Sadira explained, "Then I did what I always do I got carried away I insulted him then he sent his bodyguards after us" Fazaal said. "We ran off, but we didn't know that Sadira was way behind us so we ran into a cave" Crystal said "what were you doing any way Sadira?" Sadira smiled "well I encased the guards in sand and then I turned around and you two were gone then the earth shook," Sadira said, "that's what caused the cave in" Fazaal stated quickly. "Well now that we know the story, I think we should let Mom and Dad know your okay Crystal and I am sure Aadab will want to see you Fazaal" Yesenia said looking at the two. "Okay your right, thanks everyone" Crystal said to everyone who had helped them out, the friendly people nodded their welcome. The five friends turned and walked down the street, the city of Agrabah had very little damage and everyone looked like they were fine. It was a warm Arabian night, the stars were shining brightly in the sky and there was a cool breeze blowing. The five friends walked home, then they came to where Sadira lived "Goodnight Sadira thanks for your help" Crystal said to her new friend, Sadira smiled at her "goodnight and your welcome see everyone later." The four waved at their friend, then turned and walked off into the night. When they got to Yesenia and Crystal's house Merkal hugged Yesenia "Sleep well" he said smiling at his best friend "you too" Yesenia said smiling back at him, Fazaal turned to Crystal and smiled at her. He then pulled her close to him and kissed her softly on the lips.

(Until another Arabian Night)