Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
The Past of Future Days by Soraya Summers
[Reviews - 4] Printer

- Text Size +

The Past of Future Days

“Dinner, your Highness. Get up!” one of the servants cried to the sleeping prince. She closed the drapes by the balcony. The little boy mumbled and went back under his covers.

“I don't see how you could possibly be tired after such a long nap! Your parents are waiting.” The woman said, lifting up the bed sheet to find a lump of pillows. “I know you are here somewhere.”

She pulled the sheets off and threw the pillows on the ground. From underneath the bed the servant felt something grab her leg and knock her to the ground. Screaming loudly, she tumbled to the ground. The little boy ran out from the opposite side of the bed, laughing.

“That was a good one!” he said proudly to himself. He got dressed and strode into the dinning room to see his parents and sister already eating.

“Ali, what was that screaming all about?” his mother asked. “Nothing, mommy,” the boy said innocently. “One of the servants must have had an accident.”

“Did she really?” the boy’s father asked. Ali nodded and began to eat.

“Sure!” his twin sister teased.

“Well, they are buying it!” he whispered, sticking his tongue out.

“Knock it off, you two,” their mother shouted.

While his parents were talking, Ali took out a small frog he found in the garden earlier that day. He hid it his mother’s food and, just as she turned back, he pulled away. Snickering, his sister glared at him.

“What?”

“Nothing, Aliyyah. Eat!” he ordered. Their mother picked up her fork when a large croak came from her food. She screamed and jumped away from the table.

“What’s wrong, Jasmine?” Aladdin asked, looking at her food. “Ali!” she yelled.

“Ali did this?” he asked.

“Yes, Aladdin. Who else would!?” she yelled, trembling.

“This isn't the first time you've done something like this this week. Go... go to your room.” Aladdin yelled, standing up.

“Told ya!” Aliyyah laughed, pointing to him.

“Brat!” he whispered to her. Ali turned quickly to his father. “Daddy! I didn't mean to. He slipped out of my hands.” Ali gave an innocent look.

“Liar! You always play tricks on people. I saw the frog fall on mommy’s plate!” Aliyyah said, crossing her arms and turning away. “This time I didn't mean it!” he said, almost in tears.

“Aliyyah, stay out of this.” Aladdin said. He sat back down and finished his dinner. Then Ali turned to his sister and gave her a smart look.

“That’s not fair! You would send me to my room!” Aliyyah cried. “It’s done with, Aliyyah,” Aladdin added and turned to Jasmine who had sat back down and pushed her breakfast away.

“Sorry, mommy!” Ali replied.

“Just be more careful next time, ok?” Jasmine answered hugging her son.

/\_,,_/\\ * * /

After breakfast, Ali ran into the garden and placed the frog back.

“Good job!” he said, putting the frog down and watching it hop away.

“One of these days you're going to be sorry,” Aliyyah said from behind him.

“No one catches the King of Pranksters!” Ali said, running inside the palace. “Now let’s see what else I can do today,” he smiled and walked into his room. Ali noticed his bed was still not made and he quickly shut the door. On the floor was a bucket of soapy water filled with rags. Smiling evilly he laughed. “He he he!” he piled up some pillows and chairs, but it wasn't high enough to reach the top of the door. Rajah was walking by and he called the tiger over. With Rajah’s help, the two pushed a large dresser near the door. On top of that, Ali piled the other things he had gathered until he reached the top. The little prince left the door open a crack and balanced the filled bucket on top.

“This is going to be real good!”

Quickly, he jumped down and pushed the pile aside with Rajah’s help. Standing on the inside of the door, he waited for one of the servants to come in. In due time, the door was pushed open and the servant walked in. Ali snickered and watched. Looking around for her bucket, the servant walked back out of the room. “Hey, what happened?!” he asked, opening the door to see why the bucket didn't fall. As he did so, it fell all over him and the servant came back into the room. She screamed and ran back out.

/\_,,_/\\ * * /

“Look at you! you're a mess. You could catch a cold!” Jasmine said, taking off his wet clothes as he slipped into a bath.

“Mommy, I'm five. I can take a bath,” Ali complained. Jasmine walked out of the bathroom and sat behind the door.

“What did I do to deserve this?” she asked herself. She walked back in and sat down next to the tub once more.

“You have someone to play with; your sister. Maybe you need friends, or perhaps we haven't given you enough attention.”

“No, mommy. It’s boring in the palace. I wanna go outside,” Ali protested and sank deeper into the bubble bath.

“You know what your father said about that. Not until you're seven.”

“Hmph,” Ali said,
crossing his arms over his chest.

“don't rush it,” Jasmine smiled to herself. The door to the bathroom opened and Ali walked out in a giant white robe that was tied three times around his waist.

“What are you doing with daddy’s robe?” Jasmine smiled. Without a word Ali climbed up onto his bed and stood up with his arms across his chest.

“By order of the royal daddy, finish your peas!” Ali ordered pointing at Jasmine.

“Very funny, little Mr.!” Jasmine said, standing up and knocking Ali to the bed. She tickled him until he surrendered and handed him his pajamas.

“But, mommy, I'm not tired.”

“No, but you should stay in your room and think about what you... were trying to do.” she said, tucking him into bed.

“Why? I didn't do anything.” The little Prince protested.

“So, all this stuff piled up by the door and the bucket that was filled with cold water just walked in here by itself?” Jasmine asked. Ali nodded and went under his covers.

“I don't think so,” Jasmine smiled. “Good night, Ali,” she sighed, closing the door behind her.

“Stupid sister, stupid parents,” he said turning on his side, looking out the window into the evening sky. A childish laugh came from the windowsill and Ali sat up. The giggle became louder and four tiny, colored paws appeared. Following them came four short legs that sprouted upwards until the figure was complete. Before the little prince stood a tiny kitten with solid green eyes that glowed with a red hint and a pair of small wings that were covered with feathers.

“A kitten with wings?! Wow! Where did you come from?” he asked the small creature who was balled over laughing. When the kitten finished laughing, he flew over to Ali.

“I'm not a kitten with wings. I am the son of Chaos,” the kitten said proudly.

“Who is Chaos?” Ali asked. The kitten looked shocked.

“You don't know my dad? He looks like me only...bigger!”

“Well, I'm the son of Aladdin, the crown Prince of Agrabah!” Ali said proudly.

“Never heard of him,” the kitten said.

“What are you doing here? What’s your name?” Ali asked.

“It’s Khaostak!” the kitten said, giggling.

“I'm Ali, and what was so funny?”

“You are...I was the one who dumped the bucket on you!” Khaostak laughed rolling on his back.

“That wasn't funny!” Ali said, pushing the small kitten away from him.

“Yes...It was!” the kitten laughed hysterically. “You didn't expect it to happen, did you?” Khaostak stopped laughing and turned to Ali.

“No, but--” Ali began.

“Ali, get to bed!” Jasmine yelled from outside the room.

“you're gonna get me in trouble! You better go back to where you came from.” Ali said, getting into his bed.

“No I...I can't. I promise I'll be quiet!” the kitten said, looking wide eyed at Ali.

“Fine. You can stay. Just don't let my parents know.” Ali answered, getting under his covers. The little kitten sprawled out onto Ali’s pillow and fell asleep.

/\_,,_/\\ * * /

Ali woke up at sunrise and found that Khaostak was gone. “Maybe it was a dream,” he yawned and jumped out of bed. After getting dressed, he ran out into the garden and saw his mom and dad picking apples from the trees. Like an angry bull, he scraped his feet on the marble and ran toward Aladdin. Knocking him to the ground, Ali laughed.

“Yes! The strongest kid in the world does it again!”

“You think you can get me that easily?” Aladdin laughed, turning over and pulling Ali down on the soft grass. They wrestled while Jasmine climbed back down the tree.

“Hey, you two, you are going to get your clothes all dirty,” Jasmine smiled. Aliyyah ran down the steps to the garden, laughing. She grabbed Aladdin’s fez and ran around one of the pools with it.

“Hey, you!” Aladdin laughed, playfully flipping Ali over his head.

“Watch it, Aladdin!” Jasmine warned. Ali laughed, watching his father try to catch Aliyyah. Finally Aladdin got his fez back and went back to helping Jasmine.

“Oh come on, daddy!” the kids whined, “Mom can play too!”

“Not now,” Aladdin said out of breath. “Maybe when we are done picking apples. Run along and play, you two,” Aladdin smiled, placing some apples Jasmine handed him into a basket. “Too bad Genie, Carpet and Abu had to miss this!” Aladdin laughed.

“It’s better that they are with father, now that your duties are to the state and our family,” she smiled, climbing down the tree. “they'll be back soon. Be glad you have a break from those boring lectures,” Jasmine laughed and remembered the schooling she went though.

“I am!” Aladdin replied, pulling her closer.

Aliyyah pushed her brother toward the trees.

“I'll race you to the pool!” she laughed, pointing to the largest pool in the garden.

“you're on,” Ali smiled evilly and ran ahead of her.

“I didn't say go!” Aliyyah yelled, running after him. She ran to the pool and didn't see her brother nearby. Looking into the pool, she saw her own reflection and knelt closer to the water. “Ali! Ali? You in there?” she asked, looking to see if he jumped in
the pool. From above, Ali climbed down a giant birdcage on the side of the pool and pushed Aliyyah closer to the water. She grabbed his hand and pulled him off the cage sending him into the water instead. He swam up coughing and splashing water at her.

“That wasn't fair!” Ali yelled.

“Nice try,” Aliyyah laughed, running with Rajah, who was lying by the pool in the nice, cool shade.

Ali climbed out of the pool, mumbling, and looked angrily in his sister’s direction.

“You'll wish you'd never done that, brat!” he yelled running inside the palace.

“Where is Ali?” Jasmine asked her daughter who was putting Rajah’s fur in clips from her hair.

“He had an accident, mommy,” Aliyyah smiled.

“Is he ok?!” Jasmine asked. Aliyyah nodded and finished Rajah’s hair.

/\_,,_/\\ * * /

Ali got changed for the second time and went out onto his balcony.

“I'm tired of this boring old palace! I wanna get out just once!” Ali complained, kneeling below the rail of the balcony and acting as though he was in a dungeon.

“Want to?” a strange voice said from behind him. Ali quickly turned around and saw Khaostak.

“So, you are real? Where were you today?” Ali asked.

“I was hungry and decided to get a couple of laughs from the locals,” the kitten smiled. Ali laughed, petting the kitten. “You should have been here! I almost pushed my sister into the pool.” Ali said.

“I saw. Of course, if I were you... I'd make sure she'd got pulled in with me.”

“I was going to, but when she cries, I get blamed,” Ali smirked. “Are you going to stay here?” He asked, wiping the wet hair away from his face.

“Yeah, until I can leave and go home,” Khaostak replied.

“Why can't you go home?” Ali asked as Khaostak disappeared.

“you're lucky I like you,” Khaostak purred, reappearing next to Ali’s head and curling into a ball.

“Really?!” Ali smirked.

“You and I are going to have tons of fun,” Khaostak yawned.

“I can't let my mom and dad see you,” Ali sighed, trying to look up at Khaostak.

“Why not?”

“Rajah, our pet tiger, will swallow you in one gulp and besides, we've got enough animals in the palace. I'll have to keep you a secret.”

“What is that?!” Aliyyah screamed from the doorway to the balcony. Ali jumped up knocking Khaostak off his head.

“how'd you get in?!” he yelled.

“I opened the door. I came to apologize,” Aliyyah said in a normal tone. “When mommy and daddy see that they will never let you keep it,” Aliyyah said.

“He’s not a that...he’s a kitten–“

“Am not!” Khaostak replied, stretching his paws.

“don't tell mommy and daddy, please! I want him to stay,” Ali begged.

“Only if you come to my tea party,” Aliyyah smiled. The little prince looked back at Khaostak with a nauseated look on his face.

“Well?”

“Fine.”

“Then it’s a deal!” Aliyyah said, running out of the room. “Tea is at 6:30,” she yelled back before closing the door behind her. Ali slumped to the ground,

“Great!” he sighed, looking at Khaostak who was giggling. “you're coming with me!” Khaostak stopped laughing and looked straight at Ali.

/\_,,_/\\ * * /

“Tickets! Tickets, please,” Aliyyah said, holding her hand out to Ali and Khaostak. Ali placed the paper-made ticket in Aliyyah’s hand and closed the door.

“If anyone sees–“ Ali warned.

“don't worry,” Aliyyah smiled. She took her dolls off of her bed and placed them around a small end table.

“I'm lucky!” she smiled. “I get mommy’s old room when she was a beautiful princess like me.”

“Yeah...right,” Ali mumbled.

“Let’s have the tea already,” Khaostak said. Aliyyah grabbed him from the air and placed a doll dress on him.

“Royal guests must dress appropriately!” Aliyyah ordered, placing a veil on Ali’s head. Ali whined and struggled to get away, but he remembered the deal. He gave Khaostak an I'm doing this for you! look. Aliyyah took out her little china teapot and poured the contents inside into a small cup.

“Mommy said we couldn't have tea because it’s too hot, so she said to use water,” Aliyyah smiled.

“You told mommy?!” Ali gasped again.

“Now, dear, you must tell me how your children are!” Aliyyah cried, sitting down and holding her 'tea’ up to Khaostak. He mumbled and licked the water inside the cup.

“I got rid of them,” Khaostak said.

“don't be so modest!” Aliyyah laughed not quite sure of the meaning of the word. A half an hour passed and Ali was getting inpatient.

“Can we go now?” he begged.

“Fine,” Aliyyah sighed. “You two are no fun anyway!”

Ali rose, threw off the veil, and called for Khaostak to follow. He and Khaostak pulled the silk sheet off the end table, causing everything to fall off of it and ran out the door. The companions laughed and noticed a figure coming down the hall. “Uh oh, my daddy’s coming. Hide!” Ali whispered. Ali ran to the closest window in the hallway as his father came closer.

“Okay, what have you been up to?” Aladdin asked his son who was staring out the window.

“Just looking at all the lights in the
city,” Ali smiled. “They must use up a lot of oil!”

Aladdin smiled and rubbed Ali’s hair. “Stay out of trouble, you. We'll be eating soon, so get ready for dinner,” Aladdin said, walking down the hall. Ali ran into his room and placed Khaostak on his bed.

“I'll bring you back something good to eat. The chef always makes the best food!” he said, running out the door.

“Okay. It had better be warm!” Khaostak yelled after him. Down the hallway, Ali saw his sister who finished cleaning up the mess.

“You are lucky nothing broke, mister!” she scolded. “Where is the kitty?”

“He’s in my room. Remember not to tell mommy and daddy anything!”

“I won't,” Aliyyah replied.

After dinner, Ali brought back a huge dish of food for Khaostak. “Your mom didn't say anything?” Khaostak asked.

“I told her it’s for later and then she gave me a talk about not wasting food for foolish things like pranks,” Ali explained collapsing on the bed.

“My sister is so annoying. I wish she'd just go away! She’s always there, ever since I can remember,” Ali said.

“Yeah, I know how that is. I have a couple of sisters too!” Khaostak said, eating the room temperature food. “I thought I said warm,” Khaostak snapped.

“Beggars can't be choosers,” Ali said patting the kitten on its head.

“Who said I was begging?” When Khaostak had finished, Ali put the plate on the floor and climbed in bed.

“I didn't take a nap today,” he yawned lying on his pillow.

“Me either!” Khaostak yawned. He curled up on Ali’s pillow and fell asleep. The howling of jackals from a far off dune awoke Khaostak. He jumped up and clung to the drapes hanging from the wall.

“Dad?!” he said looking around. He dropped back down onto Ali’s pillow and looked at the sleeping boy.

“You up?” Khaostak asked. Ali smacked him away from his face throwing him to the ground. The kitten got up, shaking the imaginary dirt off and flying out the balcony window. “Hey! I'll never get back to sleep now.” The winged kitten smiled evilly. “Let’s see what trouble I can cause instead,” he smiled, stopping in front of Aliyyah’s balcony. “Your wish is granted!” Khaostak said remembering Ali’s wish.

/\_,,_/\\ * * /

The balcony doors to Aliyyah’s room swung open, letting the cold air in. She pulled her blankets tighter around herself and kicked one of her dolls off her bed. Three faintly glowing balls of light entered the room and circled around Aliyyah’s head. Lulling music came from the organ center of the light. “Stop, Ali. I'm tired!” she yelled, pulling the covers over her head. The light changed shape and color as it circled around her head. Finally fed up, she awoke to the bright light by her eyes. Blinking twice, she focused on them and reached out to touch the lights. They backed away and changed their color and tune. “What pretty fireflies,” Aliyyah laughed. She said finally waking up, trying to grab at one she fell out of bed.

“Come on. I won't hurt you!” she said sweetly, lunging at another one. She followed them to the balcony and the door shut behind her. “Beautiful bugs, it’s okay. I just want to hold you!” she laughed, following them.

/\_,,_/\\ * * /

“No, I don't want any more tea!” Ali said in his sleep. “I'm full. Stop!”

The image of the horrible tea party quickly changed in Ali’s dreams. He saw his sister following weird musical balls of light out onto the balcony. She touched the railing and Ali awoke in a cold sweat.

“Aliyyah!” he yelled, running out of his room.

“I just want to check and make sure,” he said to himself knocking on the door. With no answer he opened her door. Sure enough, she wasn't in her bed. She was out on the balcony. Balancing on the railing, she reached out to grab the light that stood in front of her and flew away from her fingertips.

“No!” Ali yelled, running to the balcony. He watched his sister fall before his eyes and grabbed her sleeve. The light faded and the music stopped. Aliyyah looked up at her brother then down at the ground far below her.

“don't let me fall, I'm sorry! I'll never make you have tea again!” she cried. Ali used both hands to grab her sleeve, but it started to rip.

“I have to pull her up!” he yelled trying the best he could to hang on to her. Khaostak appeared before Ali with an odd look on his face.

“What are you doing? You wished to get rid of her and I thought I'd help you out,” Khaostak said.

“No, I take it back. Without her I have no one to blame things on and no one to tease!” Ali said, losing his grip. “I don't care anymore about her pulling me into the water or dressing us up for a tea party...I want my sister!” he cried as her hand slipped from his.

He gasped in fear and reached back over to grab her other arm. She cried falling closer to the ground. “You humans are weird. First you want something, and then you take it back. Fine, but you owe me!” Khaostak replied, making Aliyyah appear on the balcony next to him. Ali turned to her and hugged her as she cried.


“Are you ok?” he asked, helping her up. She shook her head and put her arms out hoping to be picked up.

“I want to go to bed!” she sobbed.

“I can't hold you,” Ali smirked he bent down and tried to pick her up. Nearly falling down, he carried her to her bed.

“don't cry, Aliyyah,” her brother shushed, putting the covers over her.

“Read me a story,” she sniffled, pointing to a book by her bed. Ali picked it up and sat with Khaostak on her bed. He opened the book and looked at the pages of words. Since he could only slightly read, he began making up stories from the pictures. When the little princess had finally fallen asleep, he climbed out of her bed and picked up Khaostak.

“I'm scared,” Aliyyah cried waking up. “don't leave, please!” she sniffed.

“Okay, I'll sleep in here tonight,” Ali smiled, climbing onto the large armchair with Khaostak and falling asleep.

/\_,,_/\\ * * /

Late in the morning, Jasmine awoke and walked to her son’s room to see if he was okay. She opened the door and noticed he was gone.

“He’s never up this early!” she said, walking to Aliyyah’s room. Sure enough, on the armchair she saw Ali and Khaostak. When she looked over at the bed she saw Aliyyah sleeping peacefully. “Aw!” she whispered, covering Ali with a blanket. She walked back to the door and paused. Turning around she looked at Ali and saw a small kitten curled up with him.

“Ali!” she yelled. The little boy jumped up at looked at his mom. “There is a stray cat by you. It might have diseases. Move slowly,” Jasmine ordered.

“Mommy no...this is Khaostak,” Ali began as his father came in the room.

“What was all the yelling–“ Aladdin said seeing Khaostak jumping onto Ali’s lap.. “Where did he come from?” Aladdin asked.

“I don't care who he is, he’s got to go! Jasmine said.

“No mommy, please. can't I keep him? Aliyyah likes him too, don't you?” Ali asked turning to his startled sister. She nodded and closed her eyes. “He won't cause any harm, I promise! I'll watch him.” Aladdin smiled remembering when he stood up and took charge of Iago.

“Nope. I promise too!” Khaostak replied purring.

“You can talk?!” Aladdin asked. “Why am I not surprised? Why not Ali, but he’s your responsibility,” Aladdin said.

“don't I have any say?” Jasmine asked. “We have Rajah and all the birds in the Menagerie.”

“But Rajah’s yours, mommy. Khaostak has nowhere to go and we have a lot in common!” Ali replied holding Khaostak in his arms. Khaostak in return acted like a cute innocent kitten.

“I don't know Ali. Having a pet is a big responsibility!” Jasmine said.

“Please?!” Aliyyah begged rubbing her big golden colored eyes. Jasmine picked her up and kissed her on the head.

“Oh, very well,” she sighed, kissing Ali on the head.

“Ew, mommy!” Ali said rubbing his head as if sand were stuck in his hair.

“Come on. Let’s get some breakfast,” Jasmine smiled motioning for Ali to follow. She walked out of Aliyyah’s room with her daughter in her arms and her husband by her side. Ali threw Khaostak in the air and caught him.

“Yes!” he yelled happily.

“Hey what happened to your wings?” Ali wondered, noticing the strange looking cat.

“I got rid of them for now. I didn't think your parents would approve of a flying cat,” Khaostak smirked.

“you're probably right. We already have a Genie and a Magic Carpet.”

“Time for breakfast. Let’s go!” Ali said, running out of the room.

Khaostak licked his paw. “That was easy enough.“

“Coming?” Ali asked poking his head into the room.

“Meow,” Khaostak replied and scampered out of the room.

To be continued.....