Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Untold Stories: Future Shock by Sindie
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Part Two


Everyone was gathered around the dining room table and ready for breakfast. Everyone but Anna, that was. Aladdin couldn't understand why she hadn't come yet. Troy was the one who had to stay in his room without breakfast. That's it, he thought. Anna must be bothering her brother because of that little incident earlier.
"Where do you suppose Anna is?" asked Jasmine. "I'm sure she would have come by now."
"Something tells me she's is Troy's bedroom," muttered Aladdin.
"Anna wouldn't do something like that," said Genie.
"You'd be surprised what children will do," Aladdin smiled. "I was one what seems not so long ago."
While Aladdin was speaking, he stood up and pushed in his chair. The others got up as well and followed him to Troy's room. When they arrived, the door was wide open, and no one was inside. Anger began to flow through Aladdin's veins as he clentched his fists tightly, trying to control his limited patience.
"Why did he disobey me?!" he suddenly barked. "I specifically told him to remain in his room until lunch! And where is Anna?!"
"They wouldn't leave the palace," Jasmine assured. "They must be around here somewhere."
"You're right, Jasmine."
A long search began. While Aladdin was looking in one of the many guest rooms, one of the guards approached him.
"Your Highness!" he gasped. "I've been looking all over for you! The children, they--"
"What? What is it?"
"They were in the dungeon. I saw them. Then a man with a skeletal right arm approached them and led them away."
"Oh, no!" cried Aladdin.
He had definite fear in his eyes. His normally tan skin turned white, and he stopped breathing for a few seconds.
"Your Highness? What is it?"
"Mozenrath."
Aladdin couldn't believe it. He hadn't seen Mozenrath in nearly a decade. He could be more dangerous than ever, and he had Anna and Troy.
"My children!" yelled Aladdin.
A combination of rage and worries aroused in Aladdin's mind. He was not only worried about his children, but he wondered why Mozenrath had to subject innocent children to his evil. Mozenrath's quarrel was with Aladdin, not his children.
Everyone else heard Aladdin's shout and came running into the room.
"Why did you say Mozenrath's name, Al?" questioned Genie.
"Because," stammered Aladdin, "he, he has my children."
"He what?" Jasmine gasped. "No!"
"I'm afraid so..."
"No..."
Jasmine, instantly overcome with grief, sunk into a slumped-over sitting position on the bed. She put her hand over her heart and then placed it so her fingertips were touching her lips.
"Aladdin--"
I know, Jasmine," he whispered in fright.
"What do we do?" she asked, her voice trembling on each word.
"What choice do we have?" Aladdin asked.
"None but to go to the Land of the Black Sand," she replied.
Aladdin slowly nodded and turned around to his friends. Genie floated in mid-air with a frown spread across his face, and Cassim looked his son directly in the eyes. Iago and Abu sat on Carpet without the slightest movement, looking at their feet.
"Dad," Aladdin said.
"Yes, Aladdin?" Cassim quietly asked and stepped forward toward his son.
"Jasmine and I, we must go to the Land of the Black Sand. Someone needs to look over the kingdom. Can you?"
"Of course. I'll do anything. Is there anything else you need?"
"My children," Aladdin frowned. "They are a part of me."
"I understand completely. After all, I am a father."
"Yes, that you are. Thank you, Dad."
Aladdin smiled the best he could manage in the circumstance and hugged his father. Cassim placed his arms around Aladdin and seemed to renew Aladdin's faith.
"I must find them," Aladdin said in a determined voice.
"We will, Al," Genie reassured his friend. "Don't worry. We will find them."
Aladdin climbed onto Carpet, where Abu and Iago waited. Jasmine quietly seated herself beside her love, and Carpet took off as Genie followed closely behind. Abu climbed onto Aladdin's shoulder and gently hugged him. Iago remained silent, which was quite unusual for him, and he never looked up. Aladdin turned his head to Jasmine to see her staring back with empty eyes and tear-stained cheeks.