Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Unraveled from Within by MysticMeg
[Reviews - 4] Printer

- Text Size +
Unraveled from Within
A Disney’s Aladdin “fan-fic”
by: MysticMeg


It was another hot Arabian day. The sun blazed high in the sky. High noon scorched the little city of Agrabah, and you could see the heat rising up off the streets. The merchants hid underneath the canopies of their shops, and children hid inside, napping until it was a healthier time for them to play. Women cleaned lazily, not wanting to exert themselves for the evening and night time chores ahead. A few brave people traveled the streets, sweating and their skin burning from the sun.
At the palace all the servants and guards hid inside, and slowly did their chores. Pacing back and forth became too much for the heavy guards, and they leaned against the walls, gently wiping the sweat from their brows.
Out in the menagerie, the birds hid in the trees near a little corner fountain, hoping to feel the spray of the water. Rajah was lying underneath them, but he was too lazy and hot to bother with them.
The sultan was in his toy room, playing with a new toy he had found, fixing it up hastily. He laughed and giggled any time the tiny metal contraption did something, all the while finding new ways to make it go faster.
Abu and Carpet sloshed in one of the palace’s many sitting rooms, hoping to find some sleep. They tossed and turned, but the heat just wouldn’t let sleep come. Abu tossed and turned on his pile of banana peels, and Carpet twirled his tassel around a half eaten apple.
In another large room, Jasmine lulled peacefully in Aladdin’s arms. She held onto his, and he smiled, never stirring.
“What is with this heat?” Jasmine asked suddenly, breaking the silence.
Aladdin jumped out of his doze, and rubbed his neck. “I don’t know, but don’t worry; the sun will go down in a few hours.”
Jasmine sighed, and lay back down on Aladdin’s chest. She could feel the sweat on his stomach, and looked back up on him. “Are you sure that you don’t want me to call the fanning servants again, you seem much to hot.”
Aladdin wiped the sweat off his brow, and sighed, “No Jasmine, they need their rest to.”
Jasmine nodded, and sat up. “I’m going to the bedroom; it’s much cooler in there by now. The curtains should be drawn.” She sat up and started making her way towards the exit. Aladdin went to follow her, when something big knocked him back. He flew into the pillows, and looked up at what had hit him.
Genie appeared, “Oh, sorry Al.” He apologized then helped Aladdin back up to his feet.
“Genie, it’s to hot for this right now,” Aladdin mumbled through gritted teeth.
“I know it Al,” Genie replied turning into a large thermometer. “The temperature is practically boiling the streets of Agrabah.” The red liquid inside the thermometer boiled for a short while, before the top blew. Red liquid flew everywhere, drenching Aladdin and Jasmine.
“Ouch!” Aladdin and Jasmine cried out in unison as the boiling water hit their skin.
Genie immediately turned into a large shower head, and sprayed the couple down. “Sorry guys.”
“Genie, please, it is way to hot for tricks!” Jasmine growled. She went to step, but slipped on a puddle of the water. Aladdin caught her before she hit the ground, and helped her to her feet.
He couldn’t help but laugh when he looked at them both in the mirror on the wall next to them. They were drenched in red liquid, which stained both their clothes. Jasmine giggled slightly, before turning back to the guys. “I’m going to sleep, this heat’s just way to much.” She kissed Aladdin on the cheek and then headed out the door, leaving Genie and Aladdin alone.
Aladdin turned back to Genie, “You do need to cool it for a little while.”
“Gotchya Al,” Genie replied turning into an icebox. He opened the door, and cold air flew out and swirled around Aladdin.
Aladdin laughed, “I can’t say that didn’t feel good.”
Genie laughed, “I hope I didn’t upset Jas.”
“I’m sure she’ll be fine after her nap, this heat’s getting on everyone’s last nerve,” Aladdin replied as he looked towards the doors Jasmine exited through.

*~*~*~*~*

Jasmine made her way up to her and Aladdin’s bedroom, and entered through the massive doors. She sighed with relief when the shade hit her due to the drawn curtains. “It must be ten degrees different in here,” she said quietly to herself.
A servant came quickly down the corridor, and Jasmine saw her pass by her open doors. She quickly ran out and stopped her young chambermaid. “Liana,” she called. The young girl stopped, and bowed towards the princess, “Yes Princess Jasmine, what can I do for you?”
“Bring me a cold drink please,” Jasmine requested, and then turned back into her room. Liana quickly headed towards the kitchen.
Jasmine closed her doors, and changed into her clean clothes. She then crawled into her bed. The sheets were nice and cool, and she brought them up around her shoulders. She sat there for a little while, dozing off in the shade, when the doors opened once again. Jasmine, turned to look at Liana. “Here you are your highness,” Liana whispered as she put the drink down on the bedside table.
Jasmine thanked the chambermaid, and then slipped back under the covers. Quickly forgetting about the drink, she dozed back to sleep.
A shady figure made its way out of the darkness of the room. It seemed to slither towards the sleeping princess’ bed. Jasmine didn’t stir at all, and the figure made no sound. The figure made its way to Jasmine’s bedside table, and stared into the goblet of cool water. It reached into its cloak, and pulled out a small vile. Slowly, not to spill a drop, the intruder poured the liquid into her drink. After it was finished, it put the vile back under its cloak, and laughed.
“After all my failures of beating that street-rat, I have finally found the key. You my princess are the one thing that will bring down Aladdin and all of his friends. You are the thread that holds Aladdin together, and you will be the one I use to unravel his very world,” the dark shadow whispered. Jasmine stirred slightly, but never awoke.
The shady figure made his way back to the shadows, and with a flash of light, disappeared.

*~*~*~*~*

A few hours later, Jasmine awoke. She sighed, and opened her eyes slowly. She peered towards the curtains of the balcony, and realized not as much sun was slithering through the thin seam lines. “How long did I sleep?” Jasmine wondered. She walked over to the curtains, and threw them open.
Dusk had settled on Agrabah. Purples and blues started to replace the scorching light that had once scorched the little city.
Jasmine sighed, thankful for the cool gusts that started coming through the air. She headed towards her bed, and realized that she had still not drunk her drink. She was about to grab it, when the doors opened.
Aladdin walked in, and smiled at her, “I was afraid something was wrong.”
Jasmine smiled, “No, I guess that heat just took more out of me than I had thought.”
“The dinner feast is almost ready,” Aladdin reported.
“Alright, let me just wash up,” Jasmine replied. She took the goblet back up, and took a large drink. She was surprised at how good the liquid was, and finished the whole goblet in one drink.
She turned to her vanity, “Aladdin, tell father I’ll be down in a minute.”
Aladdin turned out of the doors, and headed towards the hallway when he heard a large crash back in the bedroom. He quickly headed back, and peeked in. “Jasmine, are you al-.” He gasped. Jasmine was lying limp on the floor, the contents of the vanity sprawled out around her.
“JASMINE,” Aladdin cried, making his way to her. He threw the bottles and baskets off of her, and picked her up. “Jasmine, what’s wrong?”
Jasmine didn’t reply, and her eyes never opened. “Someone get help!” Aladdin ordered towards the servants in the hall. They quickly dashed towards the nearest physician.
“C’mon Jasmine, come back to me,” Aladdin pleaded. Jasmine just sat there in his arms, unmoving.

*~*~*~*~*

“Ah, Princess you made it,” a voice came out from the darkness. Jasmine looked around in worry.
“Who’s there,” she called to the darkness. “Aladdin, father?”
“You’re not with them anymore Jasmine,” the voice answered.
Jasmine peered, and concentrated on the voice. “Mozenrath?” she finally asked, taking a step forward. Suddenly, a hand came from behind her, and grabbed her wrists. Immediately she started to struggle, but to no avail.
“Ah ah ah, Princess, do not struggle with me. It will do little use,” Mozenrath replied. Jasmine saw a faint blue glow protrude from behind her, and she knew that his gauntlet was at work.
Mozenrath laughed cruelly, “Don’t worry Princess; this will not hurt you a bit.”
Jasmine again started to struggle, when she felt herself become increasingly heavier. She tried to keep herself standing, but instead found herself having a hard time just staying conscious. She heard Mozenrath whispering a few strange words, before her whole world went black.

*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin sat next to the bed, his head in his hands. He looked up at Jasmine, who was lying in almost a sleep-like state on the bed. He took her hand, and squeezed it slightly. Abu crept up on his shoulder, and patted his head softly to try and comfort his friend.
The doors opened, and the royal physician entered, followed by the sultan. Aladdin immediately rose, and stood before them. “What’s wrong with her?” he asked, looking over at Jasmine.
The physician looked from Jasmine back to Aladdin, “I-I’m not sure.”
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU’RE NOT SURE?” Aladdin retorted, surprised by the cruelty and anger in his voice.
“Aladdin, that’s enough!” the Sultan ordered from the bedside. “There is no evidence to anything being wrong with Jasmine at all, it’s not his fault.”
Aladdin was surprised by the sultan’s tone, and backed away. “Will she be alright?”
The physician regained his composure, and looked back towards the sleeping princess, “With luck, it was only a heat related problem. She may have just gotten overheated, and her body couldn’t take it.”
Aladdin went over to the side of the bed, and sat down, not answering. The sultan nodded towards the elderly physician and the physician left immediately, afraid of being scorned at again.
The sultan looked down on Aladdin, and sighed, “Everything will turn out alright my boy.” He turned on his heels, and left the room.
As soon as Aladdin heard the doors shut, he scoffed. He went back to his chair, and just stared at Jasmine. “C’mon Jasmine, come back to me,” he whispered.
The lamp on Aladdin’s bedside table began to tremble, and Genie slowly appeared. He looked down on Aladdin and Jasmine, and sighed.
“I’m sorry Al, but Jas will be okay, she’s a fighter.” Genie tried to comfort him. Aladdin just looked up at him with his coffee eyes, and sighed.
“They don’t even know what’s wrong with her!” Aladdin raised his voice. “What if this is something that I’ve done? What if she’s suffering-, what if-,” he stopped. He looked at Jasmine, whose eyes fluttered open.
“Jasmine?” Aladdin asked with hope. He went to the bed, and looked over her.
Jasmine’s eyes were steeled over, as if she wasn’t sure where she was. Her head ached horribly, and she trembled. Suddenly, everything hit her all at once, and her whole face cleared up. She directed her look on Aladdin, and smiled.
Aladdin let out a heavy breath of relief, “Oh Jasmine, I thought we were loosing you.”
Jasmine laughed, “Oh Aladdin, you should know me better than that.”
Aladdin grinned, and picked her up, and steadied her on his arm, “What happened to you?”
“I don’t know, the last thing I remember was going to sleep, and then… I woke up, with all of you staring down on me.”
“JAS YOU’RE BACK!!!” Genie exclaimed, scooping Jasmine up in a large hug. Aladdin laughed, and Jasmine laughed half-heartedly.
“Um, yes, I am,” Jasmine replied, pushing herself away from Genie. Genie was surprised at her gesture, but shrugged it off.
“Aladdin, I’m starved, let’s get something to eat,” Jasmine suggested. Aladdin nodded, and took her hand.
“Sure, and I’m sure your father would love to see that you’re alright,” Aladdin answered.
Jasmine rolled her eyes, “Yes, because everyone knows what a worry-wart he is.”
Aladdin looked at her in surprise, “Jasmine, you were just unconscious for nearly four hours, he needs to know you are alright.”
Jasmine sighed, “I guess you’re right.” Jasmine went to put her hand around her husband’s neck, when she felt Abu resting on his shoulder. She nudged him roughly, so that he fell off. Abu looked up with hurt in his eyes as Aladdin and Jasmine exited the room without looking back.
Genie floated over and picked the monkey up in his arms. “I don’t know about you monkey-boy,” the genie whispered, “but me-thinks that Jasmine isn’t acting herself at the moment.”
Abu nodded furiously in agreement, rubbing the sore spot on his head from where he hit the ground.

*~*~*~*~*

Jasmine and Aladdin entered the throne room, arm in arm. They walked up the large throne where the sultan was sitting.
“Dearest, you’re alright!” the sultan exclaimed, prancing down from his throne room. He threw his arms around his daughter. Jasmine looked disgusted for a moment, before she returned the embrace.
“How are you feeling?” Sultan asked after he released her.
“I’m fine now that I’ve gotten something to eat,” Jasmine replied, brushing herself off smugly.
The sultan noticed her attitude, and frowned, “Are you alright Jasmine?”
Almost too sugary Jasmine replied, “Why yes father, I’m just fine. Just a little tired.”
The sultan nodded, “Well then you should get some rest dearest. I’ll see you in the morning.”
Aladdin and Jasmine left the room, leaving an almost hurt sultan behind.

*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin slipped into the bed next to his wife, and placed his father’s dagger on his bedside table. He turned the lamp down, and went to throw his arm over Jasmine. He leaned in for a kiss, but Jasmine turned away quickly.
“Jasmine,” Aladdin started, “are you sure that everything’s okay?”
Jasmine quickly regained her composure, “I’m just really tired tonight Aladdin.”
Aladdin nodded, and turned to his side. Soon enough, his eyes started getting heavier and he fell asleep.
Jasmine hinted his heavy breathing, and turned to check on him. She laughed cruelly, before slipping silently from the bed.
She left the room, and started towards a long spiraling stairway. She headed to the top, where it seemed to hit a dead end. She pushed against a certain brick, and a secret door opened immediately. She crept in, making sure that no one followed her.
She made her way through the abandoned lab to a large chair sitting by a desk. Jasmine could make out a silhouette in the chair, and she quickly stood up straight, awaiting its attention.
“Ah princess, you made it,” Mozenrath teased from the chair. He turned to look at the beauty before him.
Jasmine nodded, “I’ve come for my orders… master.”
Xerxes swam around his master’s neck, and laughed evilly. “Princess ours.”
“Why yes Xerxes, the princess is ours. And soon, Agrabah will be too.”
Jasmine made no move to their words, just stared blankly at the wall in front of her. A small blue bug made its way across the stones, and stopped right in front of the small party.
“Jasmine,” Mozenrath started, “tomorrow you and Aladdin will go out on a date… just the two of you. No one else, do you understand me?”
Jasmine nodded, not taking her eyes off the wall.
Mozenrath hinted her understanding and continued, “You will then take this,” he reached out his hand and a sharp gold dagger appeared, “and drive it into the street-rat’s heart.”
Jasmine took the dagger in her hand, and showed no emotion. Just the same blank look, “Is that all master?”
“Yes, that is all.” Mozenrath motioned for her to leave. Jasmine obeyed quickly, walking out again from Jafar’s lab.
When he heard the door shut again, he turned his attention back to Xerxes, “Oh Xerxes,” he laughed, “this is too perfect! Aladdin will find his demise at the hands of his precious Princess Jasmine. What a way to go!” Xerxes and he laughed for a moment, before Mozenrath spoke again, “and then, I will take Jasmine as my own, and I will rule over Agrabah! Then the whole Seven Deserts will be mine!”
“Master marry princess?” Xerxes asked, swimming around a bottle.
“Well, yes, until she serves no more purpose to me of course, then I’ll dispose of her just like yesterday’s falafel.” The two again started in a laughing spell.
The tiny bug that had been crawling on the wall quickly made its way to the small crease under the hidden door. As soon as it had exited, it transformed. Genie emerged, and gasped, “I knew something wasn’t right with Jas! I have to warn Al!”
Genie went to fly towards Aladdin and Jasmine’s bed chambers, when something stopped him. He looked down at his wrists to find anti-magic manacles. He looked back towards the top of the staircase to see Mozenrath standing before him with his hands crossed on his chest.
“Uh oh,” Genie whimpered.
“Oh come on Genie, the fly on the wall routine? I thought you knew better than that!” Mozenrath sneered.
Genie mounted his courage together, “You won’t get away with this Mozenrath!”
Mozenrath laughed again, “and who’s going to stop me? You?”
Genie just scowled as again Xerxes and Mozenrath laughed cruelly at his expense.

*~*~*~*~*

The next morning Aladdin woke up early, just as the sun was beginning to rise. He sat up in his bed, and stretched. He looked over at Jasmine sleeping peacefully beside him, and brushed a stray piece of her hair from her face. He smiled, and got up.
While he was dressing, he felt a pair of tiny arms wrap around him. He smiled, and took Jasmine into his arms. “Good morning,” Jasmine whispered, kissing him on the cheek.
Aladdin laughed, and pulled on his vest, “Good morning. Are you feeling better?”
Jasmine smiled, “Oh yes, I’m feeling much better. So much that I want to go somewhere today.”
Aladdin looked at her in surprise, “where do you want to go?”
“Oh, I don’t know. Just out, and just you and me,” Jasmine flirted.
“Yeah, yeah, we’ll do that. In fact, let’s go now,” Aladdin whispered in her ear.
Jasmine giggled, “But it’s barely morning?”
“That doesn’t matter,” Aladdin replied, “by the time we get to where I want to go, it’ll be lunch time.” He let her go and headed towards the door.
Jasmine’s eyes widened, “So we’re going somewhere far away where no one can see or hear us?”
Aladdin looked back at her in surprise, “Yeah, I guess.” He continued out the door, and Jasmine began to follow.
“Perfect,” she growled.

*~*~*~*~*

Carpet soared out over the golden desert, swaying slightly in the breeze.
Aboard, Aladdin and Jasmine sat together, with a large basket as their only cargo. Aladdin stared down at Jasmine, and smiled. Jasmine looked back up at him, and returned the smile falsely. She then reached into her pouch and handled the sharp dagger.
“We’re almost at the oasis,” Aladdin said peering out over the dunes.
Jasmine sighed, “I still don’t see why we couldn’t of just rode horses.”
Aladdin looked down at her, and scowled, “Carpet gets us there in half the time. What’s wrong with him?”
“Oh nothing, it’s just horses are a little less nosey,” Jasmine returned. Carpet jerked a bit, showing his resentment.
“Jasmine, what’s wrong with you?” Aladdin asked.
Jasmine ignored his remark and pointed out over the desert, “There it is!”
Aladdin looked at what she was pointing at, and nodded his agreement. Carpet pulled up to the small oasis, and Aladdin helped Jasmine off. He grabbed the basket, and took Jasmine’s hand leading her through the tall palm trees to the tiny water hole.
The water sparkled like a million diamonds, and was so clear you could see the whole way to the bottom. The sun danced through the still water, creating a perfect reflection of the world above.
Aladdin looked over to Jasmine to see her reaction, but was more than hurt when she didn’t show any emotion at all.
“What’s the matter Jasmine, don’t you like it?” he asked, trying to coax her to say something positive.
Jasmine just looked around, and scoffed, “it’s nice. Can we eat?”
Aladdin pulled out the basket hastily, and set up the meal. Jasmine quickly started to eat, and silence sat between them.
After lunch, Aladdin grabbed Jasmine and pulled her into the water. The water was nice and cool, a gentle relief from the scorching heat above.
Jasmine came quickly back up from under the water and gasped. Aladdin came up after her, and smiled boyishly. Jasmine simply glared at him, which made Aladdin shiver.
“Aladdin, what do you think you’re doing? Did I say that I wanted to get wet?” Jasmine yelled at him.
Aladdin’s brow furrowed, and he stepped towards the beach. “Jasmine, I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” His back was turned to her so that she couldn’t see his anger and hurt. “I don’t know what’s gotten into you, I mean first you’re fine, and the next minute you’re like I did something wrong.”
Jasmine wasn’t listening to his rambling. She reached into her soaked pouch and pulled out the dagger that glistened in the sun along with the water. She started to creep up behind him, totally unaware of Carpet watching just a short distance away from behind the palm trees.
Carpet jerked when he saw Jasmine sneaking up behind Aladdin, and went to save him when he felt himself restrained. Looking up, he realized he was caught on one of the trees. He tore and tore, but couldn’t break the branch’s hold.
Jasmine gave a devilish smile, and got closer and closer to Aladdin. Aladdin finished with his rambling finally turned around, and gasped. “Jasmine, what-.” He didn’t have time to finish his sentence. Jasmine lunged at him, and Aladdin immediately sprung out the way.
Jasmine regained her composure and again headed for Aladdin. “Jasmine, what’s going on?” Aladdin asked, trying to hold her back. Jasmine didn’t answer, but again stabbed at him again. Aladdin dodged again, and headed towards the trees circling the water. Jasmine ran after him, smiling.
Aladdin turned around to see that Jasmine still pursued him, and stopped. He grabbed Jasmine’s wrists as she went after him again, “Jasmine,” he pleaded, “I don’t want to hurt you.”
“Funny,” Jasmine mocked, “Because all I want to do is hurt you.” She flung her wrists away from his grasp and grabbed a low slung branch above her. She twirled around a few times before she hit him hard in the chest with a kick.
Aladdin yelped in pain as he found himself on the ground at his wife’s mercy. He went to grab her foot to throw her off, but she was too quick and kicked his hand again. She grabbed for the dagger at his side, and brought it above her head.
Carpet jerked and jerked to try and help his friend. Finally a small piece of him tore off and he was free. He immediately soared over to Aladdin and scooped him out from under Jasmine.
Up in the air, Aladdin looked down to see Jasmine lying on the ground, glaring at him.
“Carpet, we have to go back!” Aladdin ordered, “I need to find out what is wrong with Jasmine.”
For once, Carpet disobeyed his orders, and soared back over the desert towards Agrabah. Aladdin, shocked at the gesture, just sat there. “Maybe Genie can help me find out what is wrong with Jasmine. We’ll just have to come back for her later.”

*~*~*~*~*

Back at the Oasis, Jasmine sat near the edge of the pool, her head in her hands. A black and blue light flashed, and Mozenrath appeared with Xerxes. Jasmine looked up in fear.
“You didn’t kill him,” Mozenrath stated.
Jasmine just looked back down at the pool, “I tried master, but he was too quick.” A shot of pain hit Jasmine and she hit the ground.
“YOU WORTHLESS PAIN!” Mozenrath screamed at her, “IT WAS ALL SET UP FOR YOU TO KILL THE STREET-RAT AND YOU FAILED!”
Jasmine cowered on her knees, and a tear fell from her eye.
Mozenrath’s expression softened and he picked her up by her arms. “Such beauty does not need to be tainted with tears,” he soothed cruelly. Jasmine looked up at him as he wiped a tear away from her eyes.
“I’m sorry,” she whispered.
“No matter,” Mozenrath replied, “there’s another way we’ll get him Jasmine. Now let’s go.”
Jasmine nodded when she noticed a strange vile that hung around his waist. She looked at it strangely.
Mozenrath noticed her curiosity and snickered. “Wondering what this is?” he asked taking the vile into his hand.
Jasmine nodded, but never took her eyes away from the bottle.
“It’s your very essence. Your very soul and independence,” Mozenrath replied. “Your love, your anger, your feisty spirit; everything that makes you, you.”
Jasmine looked from it back to Mozenrath. Mozenrath smiled evilly, “it’s everything that makes Aladdin love you.”
Jasmine showed no emotion, but simply took his arm. A bright light flashed, and a portal opened. Mozenrath entered, holding Jasmine next to him.

*~*~*~*~*

Back at the palace Aladdin searched frantically for Genie. Carpet soared up and down the corridors, searching for their friend. Abu checked all the rooms, carrying his lamp around in hope.
“Oh, come on Genie,” Aladdin sighed in exasperation, “I really need you now, we need to help Jasmine.” He headed down the halls towards his and Jasmine’s room.
Once he entered his room, he sighed. He looked down at Jasmine’s things, and sighed sadly. He sat down on his bed, and thought about the previous event. Suddenly, a small blue light flashed, and a scroll appeared next to Aladdin’s hand. Aladdin snatched it up and gasped at what he read:

Aladdin,
I have Jasmine, and the genie. If you ever want to see either of them again, you will come to my kingdom at once. And I would hurry if I were you; every time I look at Jasmine I wish her mine more and more.
~Mozenrath,
Lord of the Black Sand

Aladdin threw down the scroll and ran out to the hallway. “Carpet,” he called. Carpet soared to his side, and Abu came running.
“Mozenrath has Genie and Jasmine, we have to go get them,” Aladdin ordered as he jumped on. Carpet soared out through the windows and back over the desert.

*~*~*~*~*

Back at Mozenrath’s citadel, Mozenrath sat comfortably on his throne. Genie sat chained next to him, his head pointed towards the ground. Jasmine stood straight on the other side, dressed as a common Arabian concubine. She looked ahead with no emotion showing on her face.
Xerxes swam into the room, and laughed. “Master have Aladdin’s genie and princess.”
“Yes Xerxes,” Mozenrath smirked, “I have semi-phenomenal nearly cosmic powers at my will,” he looked over towards Jasmine, “and the most beautiful women in the entire Seven Deserts as my slave.”
Genie looked over towards Jasmine, but Jasmine didn’t return the glance. She simply looked forward as if in a trance. Mamlucks entered the room, and brought a goblet of drink for Mozenrath. Mozenrath gulped it happily, and opened another portal.
Inside the portal was Aladdin racing across the desert. “He’s almost here Xerxes,” Mozenrath pointed out. He could see the black sand mixing in with the gold underneath the rug.
“Aladdin coming,” Xerxes teased the genie.
“Mozenrath, you have no idea what you’ve got yourself into. I’m a free genie now, and no use to you!” Genie yelled.
Mozenrath sent a shock of magic through the manacles, and Genie yelped. “You will become of some use to me one of these days. Plus, you’re forgetting, you’re not all that I am getting from this little plan.” He looked back over at Jasmine and smiled slyly.
“Al will never let you keep Jas,” Genie mustered.
Mozenrath just looked back towards the Genie and smiled, “I’m pretty sure that he won’t be able to help it. Jasmine is the one who is going to kill him.”

*~*~*~*~*

Carpet came towards the entrance of Mozenrath’s kingdom. Aladdin peered through the gates, and saw mamlucks standing guards. “We’re going to have to sneak over the city,” he whispered to Carpet and Abu. Carpet saluted his understanding and soared over the city.
The magic detectors lit up one by one, and the mamlucks poked at the air with their swords, but they knew it was of little use.
“Mozenrath knows we’re coming,” Aladdin said, “This is no surprise to him.” Carpet came slowly up to the entrance of the tower, and peered into the windows.
The doors opened swiftly, and Carpet soared in cautiously. “Up here,” a voice surrounded them.
“Mozenrath, where are you?” Aladdin called back in anger. “Come and find me street-rat.”
Carpet soared through the corridors towards the source of the haunting voice. Swirls of gold and black and blue raced past them, making Abu dizzy. Suddenly Carpet came to a dead halt, right in front of the entrance to the throne room.
Aladdin looked in and cringed. Mozenrath stood beaming, with Genie chained to his one side. Jasmine on the other side wore barely anything except black harem pants and a gold tube top. Mozenrath looked his normal. Black and gold slithered around his pale and skinny form, and his gauntlet of evil hanging at his side.
“Oh Aladdin,” Mozenrath mocked, “how nice of you to join us.”
“Let them go, Mozenrath,” Aladdin said demandingly.
“Umm… no,” Mozenrath returned coolly.
Aladdin stepped farther into the throne room, “Give me them back Mozenrath, you won’t win this time.”
“Oh really,” Mozenrath teased. He pulled Jasmine into his chest, “well then this is a pretty good consolation prize.” He kissed Jasmine hard on the lips, putting his hands around her tiny waist and thick hair. Genie gasped, and then turned an odd shape of green. Carpet jolted, and Xerxes smiled. Abu stuck his tongue out, and coughed.
Aladdin became totally enraged however and charged the sorcerer. Mozenrath threw Jasmine to the ground and blasted him back into the wall with his magic. Aladdin stood up immediately and rubbed at his abdomen.
“Now Aladdin, do I sense a hint of jealousy?” Mozenrath teased.
Aladdin’s eyes steeled over with anger, “Jasmine, what’s going on?”
“She can’t hear you street-rat. She’s totally mine now, her total essence belongs to me,” Mozenrath informed patting at the strange vile he had explained to Jasmine earlier.
Aladdin noticed his gesture and realized what was going on. “Jasmine, c’mon,” he pleaded, “come back to me.”
Jasmine picked herself up and looked at Mozenrath. “Attack,” Mozenrath ordered not taking his eyes off Aladdin.
Jasmine jumped to action immediately and grabbed a sharp sword from behind Mozenrath’s throne. She again lunged towards Aladdin, swinging quickly but agilely. Aladdin dodged her attacks, looking pleadingly towards her.
Carpet soared towards the couple, but Mozenrath immediately blasted him back. Carpet fell rolled up to the ground trapped in a single manacle. Abu also went to help, but Xerxes knocked him back hard and the two animals struggled with each other on the ground.
“Jasmine, please stop,” Aladdin begged fighting her off. He ran towards the wall, but Jasmine ran after him, pinning him against the wall.
“There’s no use Aladdin, either die at the hand’s of your princess, or kill her instead,” Mozenrath sleuthed as he watched the young couple battle.
Jasmine jumped towards Aladdin, but Aladdin grabbed the handle of the sword, and stopped her. Jasmine fought ferociously, but then stopped.
Aladdin loosened his grip on the sword, and hung his head, “Jasmine you’ll just have to kill me.”
Jasmine stood shocked and just stared at him. She looked back towards Mozenrath who laughed, “you heard him my desert flower, kill him.”
“No Jas, don’t,” Genie begged from beside him, and the two creatures struggling on the ground stopped and stared at the two.
Jasmine looked from one to the other until she concentrated on Aladdin again, “I’m sorry,” she whispered as she picked up the sword again ready to attack.
Aladdin cowered down, ready for the blow, but shivered when nothing came. He looked up, and gasped. Jasmine slashed her own waist and blood began to pour from her sides.
“NO!” Aladdin and Mozenrath cried in unison. Aladdin caught Jasmine as she fell to the ground, and Mozenrath rushed over.
“Jasmine, no, how could you?” Aladdin asked, wiping the blood from the cut. Jasmine looked up at him and pushed him away.
“Something told me you were not the one who was wrong in this battle, but I could not dishonor my master by letting you live,” Jasmine whispered.
Aladdin realized that the love hadn’t returned to Jasmine, she still was trapped in her loyalty to Mozenrath.
Mozenrath smirked from above them, “what a waste.”
Aladdin looked up at him and glared, “let her come back to me.”
Mozenrath smiled again, “with her gone, you’ll be to weak to fight.”
Aladdin again noticed the vile on his waist and grabbed at it. Mozenrath went to stop him, but was not quick enough. Aladdin smashed the vile into pieces on the ground. A small cloud of light swirled from the floor, and then soared into Jasmine’s mouth.
She gasped as it entered, and then closed her eyes. In a bright flash, everything stopped for a moment.
Aladdin and Mozenrath shielded their eyes, “NO!” Aladdin heard Mozenrath cry out.
After the light faded, they both looked up. Jasmine stood up, the gash at her side gone. Aladdin noticed the softness had entered back into her eyes, but they looked weak. He rushed to her side, and caught her again. Jasmine smiled, and took his neck into her arms.
“Jasmine, you’re back,” Aladdin cheered.
Jasmine smiled again, “I’m so sorry.” She kissed him gently on the forehead. Aladdin went to respond but a blast sent the couple sprawling in opposite directions. Aladdin hit the wall with a hard smack, and his vision blurred.
Mozenrath went towards Jasmine and picked her up by her elbow. Jasmine let out a cry of pain, and tried to struggle against him. Mozenrath overpowered her, and again kissed her hard on the lips, “You’re mine Jasmine, mine.”
Aladdin became enraged and he lunged hard into Mozenrath. Mozenrath looked up in fear as Jasmine fell hard to the ground like a little rag doll. Aladdin didn’t even let Mozenrath have a chance to use his magic; he tore the gauntlet off to reveal Mozenrath’s bare skeleton hand.
Mozenrath screamed, and tried again to grab for the gauntlet. The manacles around Genie and Carpet disappeared, and they both flew towards the small party. Xerxes and Abu headed over to watch what was happening also.
Aladdin simply stared down on Mozenrath before he tore the gauntlet into pieces. Mozenrath let out a cry of pure anguish as Aladdin let the pieces flutter down around him.
Genie came around and put a hand around Aladdin’s shoulder. Aladdin looked from Mozenrath up to Genie. “Just do something with him,” Aladdin suggested.
“Ohhh, that will by my pleasure,” Genie mocked a “gay guy” voice. He quickly transformed into a New York looking hairdresser, and wrapped the sorcerer up in curlers. Mozenrath tried to struggle, but to no avail, he just looked at the small party in disdain. Xerxes came over to sniff around his master. Genie saw him from the corner of his eye, and the next thing Xerxes knew he was trapped in to so many bows he couldn’t float any longer. He squirmed around on the floor, but he too again stopped to stare at the Genie.
Aladdin rushed to Jasmine’s side and helped her stand. Jasmine smiled and jumped into his arms. She kissed him hard on the lips, and a tear fell from her eyes.
“Jasmine, it’s okay, you came back to me,” Aladdin soothed her.
“I’m so sorry Aladdin, I didn’t want to, I should have been stronger than his magic,” Jasmine sobbed into his chest.
Aladdin simply hugged her, “You were. You gave yourself up to save me, even though you didn’t have any emotional connection to me at all. That’s true courage, my princess.”
Jasmine smiled, and lay down on Carpet, “I’m ready to go home,” she whispered. Aladdin jumped next to her, and took her into his arms.
“Me too,” he replied. Abu climbed up onto Genie’s shoulder as they took out over the desert towards home.
It wasn’t long before Aladdin and Jasmine were asleep in each other’s arms, as dusk settled over the peaceful city of Agrabah.


THE END

I hope you enjoy this story! I have no connection whatsoever to Disney’s Aladdin or Disney itself. I am just a major fan of the fantasy!