Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
A Loving Memory by Merkal
[Reviews - 1] Printer

- Text Size +
A Loving Memory

By Marco Merkelijn

Inspired by his friendship
with his own pet, a cat named Smurf
and his own best friends.

Friendship is Magic

True friendship is very hard to find

Remember that when you find a true friend




Merkal walked into Rafeek’s stable got some hay and gave it to his trusted pet and friend. "Hello Rafeek, how are you boy?" The young man sat down next to the camel. He looked up at his master. Seeing the sad look in his eyes, he tried to make him feel better by laying his head on the lap of his master. Merkal strokes him over his head "You are wondering why I am sad don't you? Well it is just that it is exactly ten years ago since my father died." The look eyes of the merchant got sadder while he said that. Almost crying Rafeek made a noise and licked the hand of Merkal. Looking down in the eyes of the animal, he sees love toward him. He swallowed rubbed his eyes with his hand sighs and said. "Yes I know you love me and that I have people around me that love me very much. And I am very grateful of that still I miss him and can't really talk with anyone about my feelings. Mother doesn't want to talk about it, too painful I think. Yesenia never met him, so I could talk with her but she doesn't really understand what I feel. The same goes for Crystal and my other friends. So that leaves you the only one left, you remember my father don't you?" The camel gave no reaction.

"Ten years, time goes so fast these days. I remember the day he gave me you for my birthday." The camel lifted his head and licked the cheek of his master. The young man pushed the head of the camel down again laughing a little "Stop it that tickles." Merkal sighs. "You where to young to remember this my friend but you where so cute when you where just a baby camel. I tell you about that week now almost 8 years ago." He said with a sad look. Rafeek removed his head from his master’s lap, to eat some hay. " Agrabah was very peaceful then. No other kingdoms invaded the city, and no one wanted to let the sultan fall as ruler of Agrabah and become the new sultan. The princess was still a little girl nobody ever heard of Aladdin or thought that one-day the princess would marry a street rat. Now I think back it was about 2 years before I met my friends, Yesenia and Crystal and their parents."

Feeling a little better remembering the meeting with is his friends. He started his tale. I start from the beginning." Merkal closes his eyes to picture the image of Agrabah 10 years ago. "My father, his name was Omar had a stall on the south side of the market. He was good at his job."

"Pots, pans, plates and cups. The best of whole Agrabah." Omar yelled to the people that where walking along the stalls and buildings of the market of Agrabah. A woman walked to Omar’s stall "Hello Omar, I need this do you have that for me?" She gave him a list. The merchant looked at it to see what she needed. "Let’s see, plates, cups, spoons, knifes and forks. Yes and that 3 times and do you have a big pan to cook about a kilo of meat?" The woman said after Omar finished reading the list out loud. "Good I see what I can do for you" he smiled friendly. Soon he had collected everything see needed. He put them in a wooden box for safe transport. "That is then 35 golden coins please." The woman paid and left. "Dad, dad. Hello dad." Omar looked where the voice came from. A young 11-year-old boy came running toward him, it was his son. The boy stopped by the stall of his father leaning against it catching his breath. "Hi dad, mom ordered me to bring you lunch." The boy said smiling to his father handing him a paper bag. "Thank you Merkal, I am proud of you." He took the bag with food from his son and put it away to hug his child.

"Omar was then in his early 30’s, he had a white turban around his head and a small black beard. He was a little taller then I am now. Mother told me that I look much like him. It is so long ago that I really can't picture his face in my mind. But I looked in a closet with his things and guess what I found?" The camel looked at me with a questioning look as if wanted to say "What?" Shaking his head, he says "You are always playing dumb go you, it is a picture of my father silly." I laughed and showed him the picture. "Now tell me you what happed next okay?" the camel gave no reaction but was studying the picture of Omar.

"Mom also said that I must ask you what I get for my birthday. That is already in two days you know." The boy said when his father had let him go. "Yes Merkal I know that your birthday is on August 24 but you won't get it then." Omar sees the disappointed look on his son face. "You get it about a week later, it is a great present. I think it is worth the wait." The face of his son looked happier already. "Is it big?" Merkal asked dying of curiosity. "Just be patient son, now go back to you mother to help her with cleaning the house." The boy nodded and ran away. A proud and smiling father leaving behind.

"That was only the start of a great time, the rest of the day and the next are so exciting to tell about so I skip that part." Merkal said getting an offended look from his camel friend, as he would say, "I want to hear the rest." The merchant moved a little to find a more comfortable place to sit with the heavy camel head on his lap. "Okay, okay here is what happened the rest of the day and the next." He continued his story.

Young Merkal ran trough the streets, allays of Agrabah, only stopping for a few horses, and carts that blocked his way. "You are in a hurry Merkal, " a friendly old man with a white beard said. "I must help my mother clean the house, I will get 12 years old in two days." The old man smiled and petted him on the back. "Good for you, congratulations my boy. I am sure you will become a strong and healthy young man." Young Merkal smiled hearing these kinds words the horses and carts where passed by now. "Thank you sir, I go now goodbye. "The boy flew trough Agrabah until he was home. He ran into the house "Hi mother I am home" a woman’s voice came from the living room. "Hello Merkal, did you brought your father lunch as I ordered you?" Merkal walked catching his breath to his mother and fell down on a chair to rest. "Yes mom, he told me something about my present. He also told me to help you well here I am. What can I do for you?" he told his mother who was cleaning the floor with a broom. "First clean your feet and get some shoes on them, you are making my floor dirty." The boy tried to get away with is dirty feet by saying "but mom you know I never wear shoes. Why do I have to wear them? I love to walk in bare feet you know that." His mother was strong headed and send him away to clean his feet. With a lot of dislike he walked to the bathroom and washed his feet.

After a couple of minutes he returned walking on shoes and sat down again mocking. "Now isn't that much better." He mother said on a friendly tone. Merkal said nothing. "You said that your father told you to help me. If you still want to help me, you can do that by moving the table. He nod stood up and began to push the table away his mother helped him. "Good that is it" she said when the table was moved. cleaned the floor and they both pushed the table back in his formal place. Merkal helped her with some more small jobs. Aadab gave him something to eat and said that he could play outside until dinner when his father came back from work.

"Good afternoon father" Young Merkal said to his father when he saw him turning into the allay. "Hello my son, how you are you? Did you help your mother as I told you to do." The boy nodded and asked, "can I help you with your merchandise?" Omar gave his son a bag. "If you want I can learn you how to sell goods, you are now almost 12 so you are old enough to learn. " They walked inside "Hello Aadab" Omar greeted his wife and mother of his son. "Hello Omar my love, had a good day at the market?"

"Satisfied?" Merkal looked at his friend pet that had pulled his head away when he noticed that his master was feeling better and had laid down in the hay to listen to the story. "Good may I now skip the rest of the day and start with the morning of my birth day. Now that I think of it, my birthday will be soon, merely two months." The camel nod "Thank you" Merkal said. "Good, that night I hardly slept, I was to nervous to even think of sleeping" Rafeek made some sound. "What is wrong. Why I was nervous you want to know?" I asked my pet "Just because I can't not find a better word for it." Merkal stood up walked to him to pet him on the back. "Now where was I? Oh yes, the next day I had school off course so I had to do that first. When I got home my father and mother where waiting for me with some friends and family. There I met Fazaal, you know the boyfriend of Crystal. I tell you about him later first I tell you this story."

Dying of curiosity, Merkal got home as soon as he could hoping that his birthday present was there. "Hello everyone how are you?" he said to everyone in the living room of his home. Naturally everyone hugged, kissed and shook his hand to congratulate him. In the crowd young Merkal escaped to find his father. "Dad where are you?" he finds his father outside in the horse-stable. "Here you are, what are you doing?" Omar was making space in a corner of the stable. "O nothing just cleaning up." The boy looks a little suspicious at the man. Omar is getting a little uncomfortable "uh what is the matter son? Can I help you?" his father tried to change the subject. "Do you have my birthday present already?" the man shakes his head "You are so curious, you are just like me when I was young. But to answer your question, unfortunately no the merchant with your present is, as I afraid was, a week delayed. So in one week you get your present, I am sure you will love it." Young Merkal was already afraid he would get that answer but still he hoped for it. "I see, then I better go back inside." The boy turned around and walked inside. Omar looked at the sad boy walking away "Don't worry Merkal, you would love your present. I know you will."

"Hi Merkal" an aunt said "Hello aunt" he smiled to his aunt, just to hide his saddens. "This is Fazaal, he is your cousin. You never met him before so I thought it is about time." The aunt said while pushing a boy to Merkal. "Hi I am Merkal" Fazaal, a little shy shook hands with his cousin. "So how old are you and where do you live?" Merkal asked. "I am 6 years old and I live in Getzestan" Fazaal answered the question of his cousin. Merkal liked this little kid "Then I welcome you in Agrabah, city of Magic and Enchantment and as my dad always say city of good business." Little Fazaal felt more comfortable around the strange boy. "Hey Merkal why not show your cousin around Agrabah." Aadab said to her son. "Sure if that is all right with him." Young Merkal smiled, happy that he as something else to do then thinking of his birthday present. "Sure, sounds like fun" little Fazaal replied getting more comfortable by the minute. "But Merkal stay out of trouble." Young Merkal nod "Yes mother we will stay out of trouble" the two boys ran of to have a great day. "Aadab do you think they will stay out of trouble?" Omar asked worried about the health of his son. "Don't worry dear they will be fine. " His wife said.

"So you see Rafeek, my father was a nice man. And second of all now you know how I met my cousin Fazaal." The camel had been gazing at his master the whole time he was speaking. Then Merkal noticed someone standing in the doorway. It was a beautiful young woman "O hello Yesenia I didn't hear you come in." She smiled and stepped in walked to him and sat down " That was a nice story my friend, now I know a little more about your father. Only you still have to tell Rafeek the day you got him for your birthday. Please tell", she asked with a sort of begging look. The camel stood up walked to Yesenia and licked her "Thank you Rafeek, good to see you too." She said giggling. "Rafeek" Merkal said severe, "have a little more respect for her would you?" Rafeek didn't listen and laid down next to Yesenia licked her again and rested his head on her lap "don't be to rough on him. I don't mind he is such a sweet camel." She stroked the animal on his head "it is fine Rafeek, I care much for you." She smiled to Merkal who was getting a little uncomfortable because she corrected him and those last few words. "Uh okay if you don't mind. I was about it tell about the day I got my pet and friend." The merchant moved again sat his back to a haystack. Looking sideways to his best friend and his pet, he begins his tale again. "Good well Fazaal and I had a nice day, nothing happened so I skip the rest of the week to the day I got Rafeek." He stopped and thought for a minute. "It was August 31, I already forgot about my present when I got back from school that day my parents where standing outside waiting for me."

Young Merkal turned around the corner walking into the alley where his home was seeing that his parents where waiting for him. He walked fast to then and said "Hi mom, good day dad." His mother hugged him "Hello Merkal, your father and I have something for you. Do you remember that we had a present for you?" his mother said smiling at her son. "Sure I remember that, what about it?" His father walked inside to get a big box rapped in silver paper with a golden knot. "Here open it," he said putting the box down in front of his son who had been staring at it the whole time. "Wow, for me?" Young Merkal put his ear on the box. "Hey I hear something" he tears up the paper. The box flew open and an animal jumped out of it right on young Merkal so the boy fell. "Wow a baby camel" was the only thing the boy could say before his entire face was licked by the baby camel. The boy put his arms around him and holds him close, the camel was now smelling at the boy his hair and body. His parents laughed at the scene "So do you like your present?" Omar asked his son, who tried to say something but the camel covered his mouth with is body. After a few minutes, the baby camel stopped licking and young Merkal could say something to his parents "thank you both you are the best mom and dad of the whole world, I love you."

Rafeek had stood up and had tried to lie down between the two friends but since Yesenia was sitting close to his master, the camel hadn't much room even more when Yesenia scared him with one of her magic tricks. "That was such a cute story, now I understand better what you and Rafeek mean for each other." Her best friend only smiled at her then looking at Rafeek who had begun drinking some water. "Say why not do something special for Rafeek?" Yesenia suggested "such as?" he asked her. "Well we could give him a bath and some luxury food." By hearing the word "bath" Rafeek looked frightened up ready to run when he had too. "Sorry I never told you this but Rafeek hates to go into bath. But that luxury food is a great idea. I am going to the camel merchant now to get some, do you want to come?" Merkal asked the young woman who still was sitting next to him in the hay. "I would love to come, after we give it to Rafeek would you please finish the story?" The merchant nod to her "that is okay, I bring you then with Rafeek. The two friends left leaving Rafeek safely behind in his stable.

They returned soon, Rafeek was already waiting for them. Yesenia walked to him pets him on the back "here you go Rafeek" she smiled when she gave him some food. The camel loved it, he master was smiling when he thanked them for the food by throwing him over with his head. Yesenia laughed a seeing that they had so much fun. Merkal and his pet rolled trough the hay suddenly the both of them let Yesenia fall. "Hey!" Merkal laughed, the two friends and the animal played in the hay until they got tired. Merkal and Yesenia sat straight up with their backs against a wall Rafeek joined them and lay down at their feet. "Say Merkal, you would tell us more about Rafeek, Fazaal and Omar," she said to her best friend who nod. "Okay, well the rest of that day I played with Rafeek showing him to my friends at school and the people on the market. They all thought that he was the cutest camel of the world."

Young Merkal walked along the market with his new pet in his arms when he bumped into someone. It was a fat man with a blue purple head, blue pants, yellow belt and a very mean smile. "Ah what do we have here, a young boy and oh a baby camel" his mean smile got worse. "Say boy, do you want to sell your camel to me?" Young Merkal backed off looking angry with the man, "No never, I got him from my father." The fat man looked at the boy then pulling his sword "Maybe I can convince you with this" he held his sword in front of the boy his nose. The boy swallowed looked around for a way to escape when Rafeek bit the man in his hand so that he dropped the sword. Young Merkal runs away as fast as he could into and alley hiding and his breath. "Thank you" he said to his camel "I call you Rafeek." Rafeek and young Merkal walked home, there he told his father what happened. " By Allah, I am so glad that you and Rafeek where so smart to fight with that man. I will talk with the soldiers they will find that man and take him prisoner." Omar hugged his son and gave baby Rafeek a treat "I am proud of you both."

"So my father called the soldiers they found the man and his business, he bought or stole camels and sold them to." Merkal didn't finish his sentence. Not to upset his pet but Yesenia knew what sort of people Merkal was thinking of. "I understand, but tell me about the time Fazaal came to Agrabah for a summer. Yes please tell." The two friends and Rafeek looked up a girl was standing for a window. Crystal smiled at them. "I want to hear what my boy friend did when he was little." She walked in and sat down on the other side of Merkal. Rafeek welcomed her into his home, she pets him "Hi Rafeek" she said to the camel. Merkal cleared his throat "it was the summer after I got Rafeek, so I was 12 already. Fazaal was at that time 7, and very adventures." Merkal looked sad at the ground. His two friends asked. "What is wrong?" Crystal could see a tear coming out of Merkal’s eyes. She laid a hand on his shoulder, Yesenia did the same and Rafeek licked his master’s hand. "A few months after that vacation my father died, now ten years ago" The friendship of the girls and the animal made him feel a lot better. He swallowed and dried his eyes "My mother told me in March that Fazaal would come in May but she didn't know exactly when."

The now 12 year old Merkal was in the stables taking care of his pet. The little camel was very playful and couldn't sit still. He ran around the stable, jump up and down and let him self fall down in the hay. The boy smiled and said "Sit still Rafeek, I can't wash and feed you if you are playing around." The baby camel didn't pay attention to his master and kept playing around until he was tired and jumped in Merkal’s arms to rest. With a smile the boy laid the little camel down in the hay and put a blanket around him. Rafeek drank some water then put his head down and fell asleep. He sits down next to him and pets him on the head "You and I will become best friends Rafeek. I know that."

His mothers voice came from the house "Merkal where are you, come here please." Merkal stood up and walked out of the stable "Yes I am here, so what is the matter?" he said while he walked through the door of the kitchen. "Your cousin Fazaal is here, you remember that I told you about it a couple of days ago?" Young Merkal nod "Yes mother, I met him on my birthday party. I like him." Aadab smiled "he will stay here for the summer, I think you and he will have a great time." The boy sat down at the table while his mother was preparing lunch. "Please ask your father to come and eat, he is in his the living room. I think he calculating how much he has earned this month." The boy stood up and ran out of the kitchen to his dad "Sure mom."

The house wasn't big, only a few rooms and the stable outside where Rafeek and the Omar’s horse where standing. Next to the small living room and the kitchen there where two and one big room. One of the rooms was the guest and storage room, Merkal wasn't allowed to play there. There where a few closets with food and supplies and a bed for a guest. The second room was a little smaller just enough for Merkal to sleep in. Every time the boy came into the living room and walked into the corner, where his dad has his tiny office he was amazed to see all those scrolls and books. One time he asked what all those things where his dad said. "I use these to get better in selling my goods and earn more money for your mother and you. In time you will understand that my son, when you are married and have children. Here I will show you something" He pointed at a few numbers on a scroll he grabbed another one and showed him other numbers. It was only a few weeks ago but it seemed like months, his father continued. "This is what I earned 2 weeks ago and this is what I earned last week. As you see I earned more than the week before." Young Merkal didn't completely understand it, he saw the proud look on his father’s face when he showed him the scrolls. "So if you earn more than it is good?" he asked his dad. "Yes you understand it very well. The more goods you sell for the same price the more you earn. I use the average number of sold goods a month to compare it with the month before it. Father and son had a great time that day, young Merkal learned some important things then.

Now you walked to his father who was busy as always "Dad, mom asks if you come to eat lunch" he put his hand on his father shoulder to get him out of his concentration. "Huh what? Yes I will come in a few minutes. One moment I have to finish this and then I am with you my son" He smiled at his boy, happy that he taught some of his great knowledge of making money. "Okay dad, is it all right with you if I wait here at the table?" young Merkal said to his dad who was writing down something. "Uh yes you can wait" The boy said down at the table gazing at his father a smile appeared on his face thinking. I really have to best father in the world, I am so proud on him. A few minutes later Omar was finished and walked with his son to the kitchen. First his kissed his wife and then sat down next to his son who already was eating.

Three days later Fazaal arrived with his father. "Salaam my dear brother" The man said to Omar. They shook hands. Young Merkal was witnessing it standing to his mother. After he had greeted his, mother Uncle says hi to young Merkal. "So where is Fazaal?" he asked his Uncle. The man looked around then walked to the door where the boy had been standing. "He is still very shy, Merkal I hope you can change him this summer." Knowing that his nephew could change his son, hearing the stories from his brother and wife their son could encourage his son to be brave and more open. The shy boy stepped forward "Hi" he said with a tiny voice almost peeping. Young Merkal laughed and shook hands "good to see you again cousin, I am sure you will have a great time here." He looked up to the three adults who tried not to laugh. He turns his attention back to Fazaal "come on cousin I show you Rafeek, I got him from my dad for my birthday as a be late present. Dragged by Merkal Fazaal had not choice to follow his older cousin. "This is Rafeek. Fazaal say hi to Rafeek, Rafeek this is my cousin Fazaal" Merkal said when his cousin had entered the stable too. The camel jumped up and ran to the boy. Merkal expected him to be scared of the camel to his surprise he wasn't and petted the baby camel as if they knew each other for years. "At home I take care of the camels of my father. I don't know my uncle Omar told you but my father is a horse merchant, but since a year, he sells camels too. And we have two of our own. They are very sweet, I love camels" Fazaal said to his cousin who was even more amazed that Fazaal suddenly began to talk. He walked to them and sat down on the other side of Rafeek. "I am glad you two are getting along, for a moment I was afraid you would be scared of Rafeek."

It was a few weeks later the boys and Rafeek where playing outside when a couple of men walked by. Fazaal noticed that they looked different. By a grown of Rafeek Merkal looked up to the passing men, then looked at his cousin and gestured with is head to follow them. With a nod from Fazaal the boys stood up and followed the mysterious men with Rafeek right behind them. The mysterious men crossed the market after 3 or 4 streets the hold still in front of door. One of the men looked around, Merkal had it seen coming and had told his cousin to hide behind some barrels. Speaking trough, a tiny hole Fazaal could see how the men entered the door. He gestured his cousin to come along but Merkal stopped him "It is too dangerous for you, let me go alone." Before the youngest boy could say, something Merkal was already gone.

"Zaanir, where’s the merchandise?" Young Merkal heard a heavy male voice coming trough the cracks of the wall her was standing next to. A slick voice, a voice of a good con man said "They are in the back but our client wants something special. He wants the hide of a baby camel." Those words did startle the young boy. He jumped up and ran toward the barrels where he had left his cousin and his pet. Then he bumped into a huge leg, the leg was from a huge fat men with a very mean smile "So what do we have here, 2 boys and look a baby camel just what the client needed." The man said grabbing Merkal by his shirt. While two other men hold Fazaal and Rafeek. "Let us go" Merkal demanded, the men with the mean smile only laughs hard. "What should we do with them boss?" one of the men asked the Mean smile men. "Hmmm, throw those boys in the cellar. Tie the camel on his feet and mount and bring him inside. We will get rid of his hide now before the client comes." The other men nodded and brought the 2 cousins inside. "Poor Rafeek" Fazaal said looking at the door of their prison. Merkal said nothing only looking at the ground in tears. Fazaal saw it sat down next to his cousin and laid a hand on his shoulder "come on Merkal, don't cry I am sure we will be out of this in time to rescue Rafeek. The young boy suddenly looked up "that is it! I know how to get away from here." He whispered something in his cousin’s ear. Who nodded and laughed. " Great plan."

"Oh Mr. Guard can I speak with you sir?" Fazaal called at the guard who stood in front of the prison. The guard approached "What do you want boy?" Fazaal pointed at his cousin who lay on the floor. "My cousin as got sick, you must call a doctor quick." The guard opened the door walked to Merkal and shook him heavy but the boy didn't react. Just when the guard wanted to get help Fazaal hit him with a stick on the back of his head. Result the man was out cold. He boys grabbed the key and locked the man in. They ran up the stairs but hold still at the door to listen if it was safe. Carefully they pushed the door open and peak for the bad guys. When they made sure it was save they started running as fast as their short legs could carry them. At the back outside, one of the men was preparing to kills baby Rafeek, the poor animal screamed his lungs out. Two other men hold him steady so that he couldn't move or ran away. With a mean and evil voice, the man with the knife said, "Shut up stupid animal! It will be over soon." He raised his knife but dropped it when young Fazaal bit him in his arm. Meanwhile Merkal attacked the two other thieves with the same stick that Fazaal had used to disable the guard. He hit the first very heard on his arms so that he had to let go of Rafeek. The camel attacked the second thief. Then the boys stared running like the wind while young Merkal held Rafeek very tight in his arms. They ran right trough a room full of thieves, to the front door, on to streets, with a couple of thieves right behind them.

They ran until an army of soldier’s lead blocked their path by the head of the guard and army Razoul. "Hold you two, we were looking for you all day. Your parents and uncle and Aunt are very considered about you." Merkal tried to get his breath "We..... thieves..... Rafeek..... HELP! We are chased by a gang of camelnappers." He screamed at the soldier. " There they are." Fazaal pointed at the thieves, who all where chasing after the kids. Razoul ordered his men to catch those thieves. "Good work boys. You both will become great soldiers." The head of the army complimented them. "Thanks" the boys smiled happy that their dangerous adventure was over now. On their way home, Merkal said to his cousin "Well you wanted an adventure you got one." Fazaal only nodded. Soon the boys where home where they where welcomed by Merkal’s parents.

"Wow, what an adventure." Crystal said. Her sister said nothing but put her hand on his hand and smiled. Merkal leans at the wall and let the air escape his lungs. He felt the hand of his best friend and smiled back. Rafeek licked them all in the face. Crystal felt her stomach "Yesenia I think it is time for dinner soon. I am getting hungry." Yesenia turned her gaze to her younger sister. "You are right, go ahead. I stay her for a few minutes. I am sitting to comfortable to stand up now." Merkal stood up and straighten his back. Turned to his good friend. "Here let me help you up" he offers her his hand she took it and stood up. "Thanks" she said smiling. She hugged him "And thank you for telling your story, I enjoyed it much and will look different at Fazaal now." He nodded and she left the stable. " Well that leaves us and Rafeek" Yesenia said with sigh. Rafeek knew he was too much and walked after Crystal. Merkal looked out of one of the windows. "Oh hi Rafeek, how nice of you to walk me home." He could hear Crystal saying to Rafeek while she was getting further away of the stable. He turned around and walked back to Yesenia who still was sitting in the hay. He sat down next to her without saying a word they sat there for a couple of minutes. Yesenia thinking about what she just heard, a side from her best friend she didn't really know yet. And Merkal was remembering his father who died a couple of months after their adventure but wasn't so said as a few hours ago. He knew he had two great friends that always, anytime and anywhere where there for him to help, comfort or just go have fun. Suddenly he heard a sound he what brought him back to reality. It was the stomach of his best friend. He stood up and gently helped her up. After a long hug and a kiss on her cheek. Yesenia left but just as she was passing trough the door, she heard Merkal calling her name she turned around to him. 'Thank you for listening my friend" she smiled at him "Always my friend, glad I could help." Then she left he looked until she disappears around a corner.

He sighs for the last time cleaned up the stable and walked home. He stopped by his own stall although it was closed for the day. He sat down there and heard his fathers voice in his head "I am proud of you my son, you have become a strong, healthy young man. You are blessed with you friends and you mother. I love you my son." Those last words fade away with the wind that had come up.

He shook his head thinking 'Okay what now?" Then he saw a scroll that had felt on the floor. He picked it up and looked at it. It said

Salaam my friend,

If you are ever near, Greece and you need help find Hercules there. Just say you are a friend of Aladdin and he will help you with everything you need.

Until soon,

Aladdin

"Hmm, Greece maybe that is not such a bad idea after all. Maybe I find new goods to sell here and earn more money. You never know if you need it. And I am ready for challenge." The merchant thought who’s heart laid here in the city of Magic and friendship.

T H E E N D

Since late June Merkal lives on in The Hercules RPG played by me. And Michelle and her friend Caite play Yesenia and Crystal. Michelle also plays Yasmine, not the same from her story Mozenrath in love!?
It's now half September 1999, Merkal and Yasmine had left the Hercules RPG because it simply didn't work with the people there. I guess not every RPG is great, it was a nice time.
Caite didn't play Crystal anymore so Michelle got her off of it. It's sad but I agree with her it didn't work.
Yesenia is the only character of our crossover stories that lives on. She has changed some especially when she's around Mozenrath. Merkal lives on in me, my alias is now Merkal in both e-mail as ICQ.

Disclaimer: Aladdin and Razoul are the copyright of The Walt Disney Company. Yesenia and Crystal are Michelle's and Merkal, Aabad, Omar and Rafeek are mine. Fazaal is owned by the 2 of us, I had the idea for the name and she said to use it.

Copyright M. Merkelijn 1999